Front page NY times - Offshore racing!!

Notices

Front page NY times - Offshore racing!!

Old 11-15-2008, 08:21 AM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by skaterdave
hmmm, was there another race in key west sunday, that i didn't know about. could of sworn GEICO won.
jbs you guys got a really nice boat but as GEICO- scotty B and marc- showed you top speed aint all that. gotta be able to get that thing around the corners too!! this ain't drag racing!!

the winners got the spot light, congrats the the Geico guys
JBS won Top Gun/Overall
Bud won Unlimited
Geico won Turbine
Old 11-15-2008, 05:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Begovich was a chain smoker with hair past his shoulders."

Funny stuff!! Great job Marc and Scotty B! Way to go!
Old 11-15-2008, 05:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by skaterdave
hmmm, was there another race in key west sunday, that i didn't know about. could of sworn GEICO won.
jbs you guys got a really nice boat but as GEICO- scotty B and marc- showed you top speed aint all that. gotta be able to get that thing around the corners too!! this ain't drag racing!!

the winners got the spot light, congrats the the Geico guys
No disrespect to you nor to the Miss Geico team. I have been a fan of offshore racing for many years and the whole Miss Geico team is a class act. They have done a lot to promote offshore racing and for that, they should be very proud. The article in the New York Times was very well written and good for offshore racing. But, they could have given JBS racing credit for being the TOP GUN "overall fastest boat" at the world finals. Instead, they printed "Granet lifted himself from the cockpit and slapped the boat's yellow hull with an open palm. ""Fastest race boat in the world, baby, right here,"" he called across the harbor. ""Fastest. Raceboat. In. The. World."" Sorry Marc, but JBS Racing owns the fastest race boat in the world. Congratulations, to both teams on your wins in Key West. JBS Racing-Top Gun/Overall and Miss Geico-Unlimited Turbine. I look forward to seeing both teams next season!!!!!
Old 11-15-2008, 05:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JBS
the article is ok-cograts guys.It would have been nice to hear JBS was involved a little.All the papers say geico won-Im not putting you down in any way but geico won the turbine class.JBS beat everyone
Nothing personal, but Geico won the World Championship RACE.Fastest overall speed is not relevant but an impressive accomplishment nonetheless.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:35 PM
Registered

They were scared to interview me
Old 11-15-2008, 09:45 PM
Registered

it was great for the sport to see offshore racing in the NYT!

the big bummer about KW is; neither geico or us was mechanically 100% for our wins.

congrats to geico!

unlimited offshore is going to be off the hook for 2009!!! this i do know 4 sure!
Old 11-15-2008, 09:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by audacity
it was great for the sport to see offshore racing in the NYT!

the big bummer about KW is; neither geico or us was mechanically 100% for our wins.

congrats to geico!

unlimited offshore is going to be off the hook for 2009!!! this i do know 4 sure!
Any thought on combining the turbines and pistons into one class?How many boats are expected to race in this class in 2009?
Old 11-15-2008, 10:00 PM
Registered

unlimited should be unlimited! period! no rules...it will work itself out...safety is key!
Old 11-16-2008, 12:00 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 1waterboy1
Any thought on combining the turbines and pistons into one class?How many boats are expected to race in this class in 2009?
read the times article they would have you believin they were combined

geico was racin jbs and bud was in an entirely different class but described when geico broke down that bud won.

great to get the exposure but perhaps marilyn demartini should have wrote the article for them to get the names and classes right.

i am sure she could have got alot more names mentioned in those 2 pages too.

did they purposely leave out the plugs in the article?

i can't believe i read "reggie fountain a retired racer." i would have expected reggie fountain of fountain powerboats.

or freeze frame video? instead, "a video company offered volumes"

it is a shame they did not even acknowledge the top gun award for jbs.

great job geico team. we all appreciate your contributions to the sport.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:10 AM
Registered

"Granet lifted himself from the cockpit and slapped the boat's yellow hull with an open palm. ""Fastest race boat in the world, baby, right here,"" he called across the harbor. ""Fastest. Raceboat. In. The. World
Make no mistake ladies and gentleman, until someone beats us on the course, I stand behind my Driver Marcs comments, whom by the way, I believe is the best in the world

JBS is an awesome team and deserves top gun because were consistantly faster than any other boat for the 3 races. In this case it was about consistancy over all laps.

2008 is over and as Joey put it 2009 is going to be off the hook

Quick Reply: Front page NY times - Offshore racing!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.