Notices

Estimated Race Season Cost ?

Old 11-30-2008, 09:02 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default joey

too funny!
gotta love that kid!
just remember that joey will be there working on that motor with rob, for quaility control issues??!!??
Old 11-30-2008, 09:07 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Guy thats pretty cheap for a rollover, actually a killer deal..is that rebuilt motors? do they change all the electronics for that? Is thta rerig for entire boat? Do u guys do your own work?Glad to see u guys weere okay. And its great when the boat is good too.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:14 AM
Registered

Thanks again guys,
Special FX and JD-Tony what a great help and insight. I do have Tom A right here in my back yard to talk with on this and that was my next step. Tony---I also have Jim S that helped you guys out last year or the year before under the hatches.So if I decide to take this to the next step I will get your number from Jimmy. He is one of the ones who also looks after the poker run boat along with Jeff that used to help out Bob Morgan. So Im not concerned about that aspect. As far as cat experience I have a fair amount and especially in the big rough stuff. Although from many who have switched over from Poker runs and going fast into the racing they have found the "turns" to be a bit challenging---we could say "UN-reliable", But still able to win championships. Just kidding. A far as serious goes I think Boatme can attest to the fact that Im a bit competitive and "intense". The 100K number is about what I was thinking for a season but the information given here is invaluable- as I prefer to go to those who are doing it rather than guess. I understand there are some great deals out there but I will have to see what we decide to do as a whole. I think i have enough info for now and its much appreciated. Thanks again.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:33 AM
Registered

by the way...happy to hear everyone was ok in that roll.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:13 AM
Banned

Mike, LOL babysteps as in 29 foot Mirage ??????????

Dave , see you up there in 09. Still gonna do the SBI stuff though.

Gonna be tuff but i thing i do them all.

Just to show u guy's what a old boat can do.

Old 11-30-2008, 11:16 AM
Registered

Just get your a$$ to some poker runs and see if you can still work the sticks!! Wish you could have made it to KW! See you next season big daddy.
Old 11-30-2008, 11:19 AM
Registered

Tony, we were lucky the boat had no damage from the rollover. The engines are with Mercury and they will be changing all the engine wiring and electronics, they have a "sinker" kit for this.

Doug will get the boat and touchup the hull side and transom from the bumper boats with CRC and Talk n Trash on Wednesday.

The boat is with JT (TnT) and they are re-rigging. My boat is very simple no gadgets and bling, so not that much wiring to replace, only have a Smartcraft and thats waterproof and still worked after the roll. Changed the radio and intercom in Key West and remember we actually raced 6-laps on Sunday albeit in and out of guardian mode as the engine wiring and sensors were screwed up.

Our first Key West was a big lesson for us, toatlly different from the other races we did this year. After, I was immediately ready to try again but I guess I'll wait until next year.

I'll see you on the race course!
Old 11-30-2008, 04:45 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Paraspinaldocs,

If you are still interested, the OSS Class Reps for Cat-Lite & 850SCI are Mike Stancomb & Jeff Harris respectively. Both are very Accomplished & Experienced Racers that could explain the Rules and probably most important the speeds these Boats are capable of. Also, the benefit of being an OSS Racer is that you always have a "SAY" as to what goes on in your Class by being able to Vote your opinion.

Ron Poli (President) can explain/describe the many New Race Sites, Heat Racing, Prize Purses, Registration Fees and the New Pro-AM Class. He also has available brochures/literature as well as statistics for OSS Racers interested in obtaining Sponsors for the New upcoming TV show in 2009.

David DePetrillo is Head of Safety for OSS. He is always available for explaining the Safety Requirements of OSS and the required equipment. His Team also offers Instructions for the Dunker Testing.

Jim Goerlitz of Mercury Racing is the best source for: purchasing Engine/Drive Packages, Props, Incentive Programs, Rebates Programs and Contigency Funds available to OSS Racers only. Jim as well as his Mercury Trained Techinicians are at every OSS Race as well as the infamous Mercury Racing Truck stocked with Parts, Props & Engines/Drives. Yes, Mercury Racing will LOAN an engine to an OSS Racer if they show up at a Race and cannot Race because of an Engine failure. They will also allow you to TEST props prior to purchasing.

Please let me know should you require the contact information for any of the above people. Or, feel free to e-mail me with any questions you may have.

Regards,

Raymond Contreras
Old 11-30-2008, 08:09 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Guy Cost and Ray Delaney flipped there boat and were able to race just 2 days later. Thats impressive, but what is more impressive is they did it with a small crew and the help of Merc. ,Crew members were wife and girlfriend and some friends. Everyone thinks you need a big bad ass crew to race 850 Super Cat. I have seen these guys do a great job and win races on the smallest team out there. My hat is off to team Fury for running a lean mean kick ass machine. You guys are the $hit.
MD
Old 11-30-2008, 09:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
Guy Cost and Ray Delaney flipped there boat and were able to race just 2 days later. Thats impressive, but what is more impressive is they did it with a small crew and the help of Merc. ,Crew members were wife and girlfriend and some friends. Everyone thinks you need a big bad ass crew to race 850 Super Cat. I have seen these guys do a great job and win races on the smallest team out there. My hat is off to team Fury for running a lean mean kick ass machine. You guys are the $hit.
MD
OH,just because they run a cat and 850's.......................in my crew its me,me and my driver and wife. ,,,,,,thats it,,,,you never said something about that,,,,,,,,think i need to run OPA and kick some A$$ to get my payback....... LOL

Quick Reply: Estimated Race Season Cost ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.