Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
Racing down-under!!! >

Racing down-under!!!

Notices

Racing down-under!!!

Old 03-07-2009, 03:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey I hear the toilets flush the other way, any truth???
Old 03-07-2009, 10:39 AM
Registered

............Hey there Fellas.

Only New around here but just as passionate as the next bloke!

Thanks for having me

Maybe I'll try get a few Pics of the Boat in question,

I'll be there watching the race.

Geelong is only an Hours drive from Melbourne.

Old 03-07-2009, 03:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by kiwicraig
Hey I hear the toilets flush the other way, any truth???
So far they have just flushed straight down the hole, no spinning. They do have 2 flush buttons on the toilets, one that is a half flush and one that's a full one.
Old 03-07-2009, 03:31 PM
Registered

So I haven't done a great job of keeping everyone posted so I thought I'd try to get everyone caught up. The boys at Global Racing are top notch and the team is very professional. Mark has been racing for 15 years or so but only has 3 races with the new cat light boat. There is a lot of potential in the boat. With some seat time and a big weekend of testing all the setups that they can put together, they will be very tough to beat. I think the best thing they've got going on is, when they get tired of the 525 class (which they are very competitive in) they can get the 850's like we did and run with the Maritimo boats with 1075's and Lambo's and be competitive in that class. Today is the big race so I'll try to get the results posted tonight. The big downside to racing over here is they only get 1 hour of testing on saturday and it's not even on the full course. It's hard to pick a good setup.
Old 03-08-2009, 08:40 AM
Registered

After a day of racing and a few cocktails, I'd have to say racing here is very similar to racing back home. The few differences would have to be, only an hour of testing on Sat., a few less boats in the race, only one race, not three, and the start of the race is a bit different. Other than that it's really the same. Everyone is very friendly and willing to help in any way. The Offshore family is the same, if not stronger here. I was welcomed with open arms and have enjoyed every minute since I've been here. I'd like to thank the Gilbert family for having me and would like to give a big congrats to the Australian powerboat association for putting together a beautiful show. Every racer would appreciate the effort of the organization and the caliber of boats at the race.
With that said, Global racing finished 3rd over all in Class 1. They have not setup a 525 class so they run with the equivalent of unlimited to us. Finishing 3rd overall is a great finish and beating the 3 other 525 boats buy quite a length is very exciting for the team. Global racing was only beat by Maritimo's unbelievable lambo boat and the Acme boat. I've had an awesome time and can't wait to watch another race here in Australia.

Bryan,
The old racing frenzy ran a great race and finished first!!! The old boat looks great and I have pics to prove it. I'll post them when I get home.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:38 AM
Registered

Are you coming to Newcastle ?
Very tricky course. Real offshore racing out to sea then back up the river mouth then back out to sea.
Try and pick a set up for that !
Thanks for the kind words re "Racing Frenzy" It's unstoppable in the rough and very fast in the flat.
Bryan has been a great help with set up advice.
Doug designs a great boat
We love it.
Come say high in Newcastle. May 2. Hope to meet you this time.
Cheers
Mat and Simon
Old 03-24-2009, 10:39 AM
Registered

I think I'm going back for the Townsville race. I wish I could go to Newcastle but I have to work.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:47 AM
Registered

Awesome news glad to hear everone did well. Post the pics when you have time! Congrats on the win Matt!

Bryan Haupt
Old 03-24-2009, 10:49 AM
Registered

Here's some pics from Australia. They aren't the best, but you'll get the idea. Oh, and Bryan, there are some pics of your old boat.

Old 03-24-2009, 10:49 AM
Registered

Quick Reply: Racing down-under!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.