LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

GODSPEED little man!!!!
Old 03-19-2009, 03:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our hearts have been touched by such a sweet little guy who blessed us in the racing community. We want the family and friends to know that our hearts go out to you. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Jim Black
Old 10-09-2009, 11:29 AM
Registered

Well it has been almost seven months now and I am just getting back to OSO. Thanks so much Scotty for posting... and caring. I will say it again... you, Mark G., Mike S. and all the staff of the OSS were the best to us down in Biloxi and the kids talked about it all the time.

All I can say is that he went quickly and painlessly and his last words to me the night before when I put him to bed were "Love you too" and I guess under the circumstances you cant ask for better than that. Not a day goes by that I don't wish I could trade places with him though.

Thanks to all of you who chimed in your support here and elsewhere it was and still is much appreciated.

It was finally diagnosed as a grade IV tumor for which there was not a cure... even from the doctor in Texas who was recommended to us by several different friends.

Hoping to stay near the boat business and the racing and I have spent some time re-evaluating priorities in life and I think that the most recent message is... life is short. Carpe Diem and all that. I'd rather be racing and having a good time.

Hope to see you all out there soon.

Many thanks and God bless,

Howie Murray; the very proud father of Jonathan Eric Michael Murray and "Princess" Emily C.J. Murray. Greatest kids ever!
Old 10-09-2009, 12:53 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

My condolences.
Old 10-09-2009, 04:47 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

It's good to hear from you Howie. The picture you sent after Biloxi sits on my office mantel where I get to look at his smile everyday and remind myself of those priorities.

Don't be a stranger

Marc
Old 10-09-2009, 09:41 PM
Registered

hey Marc,

Thanks... and my apologies if it looks like I confused you with Scotty on this thread.... um.... I did... I blame it on being away for a while and my brain being mush for the most part these days. Apparently that'll happen.... doh...

Regardless the thoughts are the same for the both of you. Thanks to both of you... you are true Gentlemen and I am glad to know you.
Old 10-09-2009, 11:25 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you the Howie of Firestorm Turbines? If you remember, we had a phone conversation last year. I had not seen this thread till now. My deepest condolences to you and your wife and daughter.
Old 10-10-2009, 07:07 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Howie Murray
hey Marc,

Thanks... and my apologies if it looks like I confused you with Scotty on this thread.... um.... I did... I blame it on being away for a while and my brain being mush for the most part these days. Apparently that'll happen.... doh...

Regardless the thoughts are the same for the both of you. Thanks to both of you... you are true Gentlemen and I am glad to know you.
No problem Howie it was written by Scotty B and myself that morning.

It's nice to see the sun peeking through a little, maybe you can make a couple races this year.

Marc