General Racing Question

Notices

General Racing Question

Old 10-21-2009, 12:23 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 34 Posts
Default General Racing Question

Hello All-

For the past two years or so I have wanted to join you all there on the race coarse, now I am really gettting the itch really bad and just want to ask a few questions.
I come from a racing background of Snowcross and was a mechanic on a few motocross/ enduro teams so I do know general racing. This was a lot of fun.

I know I would need to purchase a boat and get it ready for next year but I wanted to know which of the smaller HP classes is the most fun to be part of (SVL, SS, P2/P4)? It would be a family sport where either my wife or my father would be racing with me depending on the schedules. I see alot of disscussions about SVL but not much about the other classes? Any input from the racers would be great!

Thanks for all your help!
Don
Old 10-21-2009, 12:33 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

No matter which class you choose you will have a good time. Obviously , I am partial to the SS class. It is VERY competitive and with you OB background would be a good natural fit. The SVL class is a whole lot of fun and all those teams work really well together helping each other. The SS class is the same way. The P classes all depend on what type of boat that you want to run, the biggest problem is that there is ALWAYS one guy that is winning and sandbagging in these classes. If you go with a SS or SVL legal boat you can run it in the P classes to get seat time....
Old 10-21-2009, 12:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley
No matter which class you choose you will have a good time. Obviously , I am partial to the SS class. It is VERY competitive and with you OB background would be a good natural fit. The SVL class is a whole lot of fun and all those teams work really well together helping each other. The SS class is the same way. The P classes all depend on what type of boat that you want to run, the biggest problem is that there is ALWAYS one guy that is winning and sandbagging in these classes. If you go with a SS or SVL legal boat you can run it in the P classes to get seat time....
I do agree with you that the SS looks to be a good class but my only concern is that with SS is that a 2 and 3 year old boat does not look to be competitive with the front runners. So I would purchase a boat and in 2 years I would need to upgrade. An example is my current 2003 30 Motion. It is an ex race boat and is a good running boat but it wouldn't be competitive with today's SS boats....... In your personal option if someone built a new Motion, predator or (pick an brand) with a canopy would it be able to compete for the win against the new Doug Wright's?
Old 10-21-2009, 01:23 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

you can get a lightly used DW for a smoking deal now
Old 10-21-2009, 01:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cowisl
you can get a lightly used DW for a smoking deal now
Email sent to you.
Old 10-21-2009, 02:08 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

Your boat was ONLY race 3 time, I know, I RACED it. It was built a a pleasure boat with back seat, stereo, light, etc. If it was built as a raceboat it would be a different story. Every DW boat built is still competitive. I really don't see anything coming out that is really gonna set the world on it's ear. BUT it is a possibility. One of the fastest boats in DUBAI is actually a 10+ year old Quiver design.
Old 10-21-2009, 02:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley
Your boat was ONLY race 3 time, I know, I RACED it. It was built a a pleasure boat with back seat, stereo, light, etc. If it was built as a raceboat it would be a different story. Every DW boat built is still competitive. I really don't see anything coming out that is really gonna set the world on it's ear. BUT it is a possibility. One of the fastest boats in DUBAI is actually a 10+ year old Quiver design.
Yep, I have pictures somewhere on my computer from when you raced it.
Thanks for the info on the designs, I have alot to think about now.........
Old 10-21-2009, 04:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if your looking for a Doug Wright i have the only 30 ft Doug ever built, it will be in Keywest for the worlds, give me call if interested
Old 10-21-2009, 09:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stihl is for sale and very competetive. any SS boat can be competetive, it might just take a lot of work. testing, props, hull mods, rigging mods etc. No one said this is easy. ask DW to build you a copy of GB's boat, and it will still be hard work or pay someone to design, build, test, and race one. Even if its not competetive for 1st, there is still a race for 2nd or 3rd
Old 10-21-2009, 09:28 PM
Registered

Lets get one this striaght, I don't have anywhere near the money to play in SCL or SV. LOL.
If I can put something togther is will either be a used SS or SVL. Then the boat would either be raced in SS, SVL or P2/P4. We will have a small crew of family and friends.
This is a great discussion please keep it going for me!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.