Notices

Svl

Old 09-03-2011, 10:30 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spot on!

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
Von, I agree. The shame of it is that with a stock F motor he would have won any way and got his trophy. Once again the boat is thrusted in a cloud of contraversy with potential for people to say WTF. I know LOTO is for fun but handing people trophys and putting them in a record book without some type of inspection will only draw shallow people to get there name in the book. Its a shame the hard working teams dont have a chance against this kind of racer. With out a inspection LOTO shouldn't have a record book for this bracket. I predict the 105 MPH record will never be broke with a stock F motor.
The SVL class has only gone from 93 MPH to 95MPH in the last 10 years of testing all differant hulls,prop's,x dim,CG's and now in 1 year it is possable to get to 105

Exactly!!!!!

Wil
Old 09-03-2011, 10:38 AM
Registered

Loto I always was told is for fun ONLY .I can,t imajine anyone taking one of those trophys too seriously anymore .
Its a charity event as has been said over and over .

Put a legal motor in the fountain and the " so called by some "( not up to par )" Phantom and Extremes will still keep up with it .
Don,t give up on that activator just yet , it can hold its own .I,ve seen that thing in big water that I dont know the fountain could handle .

As randy says ,This is just an opinion of course .
Old 09-03-2011, 11:01 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

So,,,,,what are the rules for SVL in LOTO? Isn't that really the question everyone is asking?
Old 09-03-2011, 12:26 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lol there isnt any , pretty simple...question answered.
Old 09-03-2011, 01:04 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Then why was the Fountain so bent out of shape last year when Lance went 100 MPH with a 800 HP motor. Im pretty sure there are some class rules. Who knows how to find them?
Again last year I believe the Fountain went 94 MPH I believe. Thats after a year of dialing in and this year it picked up another 11 MPH. Thats a lot of gain.
What were the other pass speeds the Fountain made this year at LOTO or did he do just one run?
Old 09-03-2011, 01:12 PM
Registered

From what i heard they showed 108 on their GPS on the last run . They never did see that on radar....
Old 09-03-2011, 02:39 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Here's the web site and the list of winners by class.
http://www.lakeoftheozarksshootout.org/results.html

Looks like they have a class for every different configuration of boat.

Doc ran in class PV2F1 NOT SVL.

I looked but couldn't find any rules or explanation of the classes. So the mystery continues.
Old 09-03-2011, 05:23 PM
Registered

DIVISION(S):

P……..PROFESSIONAL
M…….MANUFACTURERS
N…….NON-PROFESSIONAL

HULL TYPES:

V……V-HULL BOATS
C……CATAMARAN AND TUNNEL HULL BOATS
VO….V-HULL OUTBOARDS
CO….CATAMARAN AND TUNNEL HULL BOATS W/OUTBOARDS
P……PONTOON
D……DECK BOATS
F……FACTORY BOATS
H……HYDROPLANES

LENGTHS:

1…… ………22' - 26'
2…… ………27' - 31'
3…… ………32' - 35'
4…… ………36' - 42'
5……………43' AND OVER

ENGINE CLASSIFICATIONS:

S - STOCK ENGINES (ANY PRODUCTION ENGINES WITHOUT MODIFICATION, 500 HP ENGINES ARE NOT STOCK)

F - FOR MODIFIED FACTORY ENGINES WITHOUT POWER (INCLUDES 525 SC STOCK, 500hp, 500efi, 525efi)

M - CUSTOM BUILT MODIFIED ENGINES WITHOUT POWER ADDED FEATURES

P - POWER ADDED FEATURES (i.e. BLOWERS, TURBOS, NITROS,etc.)

T - TURBINES

A - MERC 700's

Last digit = NUMBER OF ENGINES

EXAMPLE - PV3P4 is Professional division, V-HULL, 32' - 35', POWER ADDED W/4 ENGINES
Old 09-03-2011, 06:42 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

My ONLY concern is anyone shows up at LOTO puts there boat in a stock 525 class and lay's down a 105 Radar and a 108 GPS run and the racing word says WTF. How? There is no way I am buying a SVL boat and racing against that,we dont have a chance. And that folks is how you kill a SVL class! So either the truth needs to be known and shared with the SVL guys or I cant imagine any SVL guy's wasting there time racing against a 105 MPH boat. Or the org's just bann the boat to save the rest of the class.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by gary cook
WE talked to doc while we were in line to get our trophy at loto it did go 105 but he said that it was not a 525 race motor that they would race with .
That being said who knows what it really was but no funny business this was loto not a svl race they were going for speed and fun and he also said the correct 525 would be in the boat for the next race they went to hope this help a little and stops a little of the second third party info.
Also on one pass they were in front me as far as power i dont know but i do know they must have had a big wheel on it because it was very slow getting up to speed it was working hard to get some rpm.
Gary said he spoke to Doc after the run and it wasnt his race motor, so with that said who knows what motor it was or really cares. When he comes to a race he will be inspected like any other SVL pretty simple. Easy enought to tell if he is running a 700hp motor....
Randy u r worried about this hurting the class but the more press u give it and the more questions u ask the worst u r making it. Pretty clear it wasnt a stock 525 so who cares how fast he ran it was just for fun. You whipped his ass in KW last yr and sure you can do it again. Remember last yr there was no drive height rule, now he has to be 1/2 below the bottom like he did in Mich City lets see what happens????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.