Any race boats out there for sale? >

Any race boats out there for sale?

Notices

Any race boats out there for sale?

Old 07-17-2013, 06:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Xtremeracing
Thats a good point Mark, I guess it would be important for someone to know if it was a legal SV class boat befor ethey bought it. Don't know if it has been submitted for approval ??
I think it would be more important to see if that boat will even float then worry about how fast it is.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats another good point, floating and qualifying as a legal class boat would be a good start.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:44 PM
Registered

Not sure how long the process takes but I'm sure if it fit in the class it was be good to go for next yr.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:51 PM
Registered

Next year? this guy has been building this boat for a decade. What year is the boat stamped?
Old 07-17-2013, 06:55 PM
Registered

I would think it have to be atleast 2 yrs old now. Pretty sure its a 2011
Old 07-17-2013, 07:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Lauderdaleboats
Again, Seriously? What's the last two digits on that new boats VIN. 10?
My money would be on Wil's boat
Old 07-18-2013, 09:21 AM
Racer
Racer

Wow. Smells like blood in the water for you guys. He is trying to build a boat for your class, how could that be bad?
Old 07-18-2013, 10:30 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wahoo ATV
Wow. Smells like blood in the water for you guys. He is trying to build a boat for your class, how could that be bad?
I agree its a great thing, we have all been exciting and looking forward to seeing the boat race for the last few yrs.
Old 07-19-2013, 05:08 AM
bwd
Registered

I doubt if either boat has a vin number as they are both unfinished. We're dealing with custom boat builders here, not GM. Just sayin.
Old 07-20-2013, 10:39 PM
Registered

Let me just clear this up. A few of you are getting a bit off course. Three boats have been built since 2011. The first vinylester E-glass boat has the original canopy with the top cut off, dashboard moved forward, four seater, no bustle and is out and running. The second hull had issues with a batch of Hydrex resin and was crushed to never see the light of day. The boat being rigged now was laid up in 2012 with interplastic viynlester resin, S-glass, carbon fiber and Doug Wright's canopy deck. The paint was still wet two days before the OPA worlds in Oct 2012. Vin# BCS002VLJ213. If you were to inspect this boat closely you will see that the canopy structure, side & front deflectors, rear cockpit bulkhead are safer than most raceboats period on the racecourse today if not safer. I've seen some canopy failure at the races here just recently, and under the circumstances, probably should not have happened. Won't find that here.

I'm in the business of building boats and related parts for quite a few name brand manufactures. This keeps me more than busy. If I had the time to commit to an all out campaign of a raceboat for the season I would have been out there. We all know with the competition in this class you can't show up half cocked. When the time is right this boat will hit the water on blast.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.