Notices

Blown motor?

Old 04-16-2014, 04:08 PM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
I believe that was a full rebuild price wasn't it. I realize that if you were just repairing it for your own pleasure boat no one in there right mind would send it to Merc for just a repair.
Race boat Mercury had to replace crank rods pistons block re Dyno an reseal. Plus a month of down time. We fixed it using cheap parts store bearings and a used crank. Mercury was great when they were handing out check but times Changed
Old 04-16-2014, 05:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lol so true the good old days times have changed.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wondering if mercury supports the svl class with money for using their product?
Old 04-16-2014, 09:36 PM
Registered

To my knowledge....No. It was many years ago, that I remember seeing the Merc guys at races, but I am unsure of what and when the contingency type deals started or ended.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:51 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Steve K did bruise his engine. He was testing post KW and his oil filter housing failed at full RPM. The casting failed in the center at the threaded fitting. By the time it was shut down he had potentially hurt the bearings.
Steve
Old 04-17-2014, 06:54 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bilgerat
To my knowledge....No. It was many years ago, that I remember seeing the Merc guys at races, but I am unsure of what and when the contingency type deals started or ended.
The Mercury (deals) only started when GM showed up. Mercury was furious that they (GM) gave away hats and food! GM was investing heavily in offshore but after seeing the rantings of the likes of Randy and Bertel on sites like this they realized there were better places to put their resources.
Steve
Old 04-17-2014, 10:06 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

That's funny Steve. Big Corp GM was brought down by a Randy and Bertal. I had no idea that I could bring down Corp GM. If you believe that you must have had one of the worst business plans known to man kind.Who was GM investing in heavily? A few teams rented Vortec motors from Innovation. I don't even want to go down this road with you. EVERY time I post something about Merc you bring up that I ruined your life card. LOL
Old 04-17-2014, 09:40 PM
Registered

But what about the " Official" Finishing results of last weekends SVL race ? been nearly a week, any decisions made?
Old 04-18-2014, 09:27 AM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Bilgerat
But what about the " Official" Finishing results of last weekends SVL race ? been nearly a week, any decisions made?
Everybody knows that THAT boat bought a free pass. Why would you think that there would be a penalty?
Old 04-18-2014, 02:25 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=excal27;4107685]Just wondering if mercury supports the svl class with money for using their product?[/QUOT

SBI teams dont get anything from Merc, as far as money or tech support. SBI has 3 other engine builders that have techs at the races and support the team

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.