Notices

Blown motor?

Old 04-23-2014, 09:35 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On a positive note after the awesome SV battle in PC a few weeks ago, Cocoa Beach is just around the corner. Everyone is gearing up for whats shaping up to be an exciting yr for the SBI fleet of SV. Looking forward to seeing some of the new boats that r being built on the race course and battling with the toughest SV fleet .
Old 04-23-2014, 12:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

May I make one suggestion. For the love of the sport, and to retain some sort of dignity to your class that you all hold in such high regard as being one of the foremost classes in offshore ( which I agree it could be ). Have someone start the race ( flagperson ) that can do it correctly. Let all the boats be lined up. Travel with the pack further if required before letting them go. Have maybe two people one with the green so that there is not a huge time lag between, when yellow goes down and green goes up. Follow your own rules in the rulebook. Enforce infractions. Red flag and start over if you can't figure it out. I am nearly certain that Snowy Mountain Brewery would like to get a win without any controversy. Good Luck to those Fortunate enough to be competing.
Old 04-23-2014, 03:12 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
So now you are saying the way I spelled and my poor grammar is why you failed. WOW you just cant take any responsibility for your own failures. Any more excuses?????? I'm sure the rest of the guys that race with you are glad to know what you think of them if they cant spell good and enjoy socializing with other racer while have some beers. Guess what guys you must all be idiots with no commercial value. Hide your beer here comes Steve the great. You are a pitiful shell of a man that I used to think had his act together. Let the spite go, let it go, let it go, doesn't that feel better.
How exactly did I fail? OSS was created with your help and input to replace APBA and it failed leaving the sport decimated. I was a non paid volunteer and the sport was very large and growing. I was able to attract GM in and shared it with the other racers ( about 20 benefited) . Companies want a positive image from engaging in promotions. You offered a text book case of everything corporate America did not want or need. The start of this whole thread is you once again agenda pushing. You decided to talk about SBI engine failures and how sealed (i brought that concept to offshore racing also) engines are the only answer. I feel pretty for being a shell of man how about you Randy?
Old 04-23-2014, 03:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bilgerat
May I make one suggestion. For the love of the sport, and to retain some sort of dignity to your class that you all hold in such high regard as being one of the foremost classes in offshore ( which I agree it could be ). Have someone start the race ( flagperson ) that can do it correctly. Let all the boats be lined up. Travel with the pack further if required before letting them go. Have maybe two people one with the green so that there is not a huge time lag between, when yellow goes down and green goes up. Follow your own rules in the rulebook. Enforce infractions. Red flag and start over if you can't figure it out. I am nearly certain that Snowy Mountain Brewery would like to get a win without any controversy. Good Luck to those Fortunate enough to be competing.
Thanks for the input I will pass it on to Richie D in case he doesnt see it here. Maybe you guys can discuss it further.
Old 04-23-2014, 04:46 PM
Registered

Steve good point I have no idea what his agenda is? I know as an SBI racer it makes no difference to me what engine program OPA uses. The important thing is that the OPA registered team that run the class are happy.
Old 04-23-2014, 09:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Xtremeracing
Thanks for the input I will pass it on to Richie D in case he doesnt see it here. Maybe you guys can discuss it further.
Sure thing.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:54 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Xtremeracing
Steve good point I have no idea what his agenda is? I know as an SBI racer it makes no difference to me what engine program OPA uses. The important thing is that the OPA registered team that run the class are happy.
Why do you think its an agenda thing????? Its what I have heard from several sources and I was just asking if it was true that the SBI spec motors are have issues and have any blown up? Your response was NO everything is good. Steve comes on out of left field and starts a rant from 10 years ago AGAIN. Frank It makes no difference to me either what SBI motors they use. Im just trying to figure out why after countless post about you keep saying how inexpensive the new SBI spec motor was going to be and that there is nothing special about it so it should be a win win for the racers and all the money they will be saving. Im just comparing what you have stated in the past with what we are all hearing on the street. Good luck to you and your SBI teams that are happy as well.

Last edited by TYPHOON; 04-24-2014 at 07:57 AM.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:16 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
Why do you think its an agenda thing????? Its what I have heard from several sources and I was just asking if it was true that the SBI spec motors are have issues and have any blown up? Your response was NO everything is good. Steve comes on out of left field and starts a rant from 10 years ago AGAIN. Frank It makes no difference to me either what SBI motors they use. Im just trying to figure out why after countless post about you keep saying how inexpensive the new SBI spec motor was going to be and that there is nothing special about it so it should be a win win for the racers and all the money they will be saving. Im just comparing what you have stated in the past with what we are all hearing on the street. Good luck to you and your SBI teams that are happy as well.
Randy if you get time check the SBI rule book the engines are nothing special. Stock motor at 509ci and 9.0 comp. at 5600 rpm. All international part are stock. To answer your question yes it is much cheaper and has been easier then dealing with merc. Steve answered your question about Steve K motor had really nothing to do with the motor its self it was an oil problem because of the filter bracket. I guess time will tell .....Mike is still running George's old motor for 3 yrs now and no issues and I have no idea how long George ran it or when he had a rebuild. We have had it check and did put springs in it before KW this yr.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:28 AM
Registered

If it is really something you guys are looking at and comparing you really should .... After the motor is inspected they will be sealed this yr so the inspectors dont have to keep checking every race. I think the data loggers will also be good for the class moving forward. We are still looking to build a carb spec motor same as the Superboat, and Superboat Extreme class have done. Seems like it is working great so far, but again time will tell. The Superboat class is very happy going on there 3rd yr.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:19 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

This is insane !!!!! Now seals are a good thing at SBI LOL. Put on seals that you all say you can buy anywhere and do random inspections I would presume. I must be missing something. You guy's hated the idea of seals. What changed? Because SBI is doing it and now they are tamper proof all the sudden LOL.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.