Notices

Brodco roll over

Old 05-17-2015, 10:43 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,116 Likes on 300 Posts

Glad they are both safe. That's what matters. Kudos to Jay and Billy as well, classy guys.
Old 05-17-2015, 10:49 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I know what you are talking about , but they changed that to proceed with caution and do not stop, OPA will red flag automatically if a boat goes over... I agree totally with cash
Old 05-18-2015, 06:43 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

STIHL was way behind and by the time they got to the rollover site Chuck and Grant were standing on the boat clearly visible. Don't blame them for continuing.

While Broadco's rollover was a terrible accident, the livestream commentary did a disservice to those who like me were glued to the computer by some romantic comments that had little basis in reality.

(AcryliCo is a STIHL boat sponsor)

Last edited by AcryliCo; 05-19-2015 at 11:49 AM. Reason: adding
Old 05-18-2015, 07:47 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by mike tkach
imo,whm is first class!
Old 05-18-2015, 03:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by klaatutooyou
so ...it was un sportsmanlike for stihl to keep running ,?at a slower pace I may add ?

this isn't svl .you cant splinter this class with innuendo.
Very Happy to hear that Chuck and Grant are ok after that roll, as all of us saw that was a Violent wreck, wishing them and the boat a speedy recovery.. And I agree that Billy and Jay showed some real class, Nice work guys, you are true role models for our sport....

And speaking of Role Models... I like a Kock or too or however you say it??? Great role model for being a True D*ck Bag... Thanks for your insight
Old 05-18-2015, 04:50 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by AcryliCo
STIHL was way behind and by the time they got to the rollover site Chuck and Grant were standing on the boat clearly visible. Don't blame them for continuing.
I dont think anyone is blaming them for continuing to run like some sead they wernt right there when it happened. We r just saying it was nice to see jay and Billy give up the win to look into the safety of there fellow racers thats all.
Old 05-18-2015, 06:47 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

we need a recliner emotican .
Old 05-18-2015, 09:25 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

so ...it was un sportsmanlike for stihl to keep running ,?at a slower pace I may add ?

As a racer unlike you we have compassion and feelings for our fellow racers when tragedy occurs. Its a natural instinct to want to help even if you know you cant and are instructed not to assist. I was only saying that sportsmanship always trumps a win. There were no winners IMO that day. We all race for pride not our sponsors in Offshore racing. I have all the respect for Stihl and no issue for them to continue and win. It really was the smart play that will possibly play out big at the end of the season with points.
Old 05-18-2015, 09:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And yes, you do look fat in that dress.
Old 05-19-2015, 01:35 PM
Racer
Racer

Seriously guys.... WHM left the course because they lost a motor. We are all trained to continue running and not stop to render help (as much as we want do so) as we may hamper a rescue effort underway. We are to race with caution around accident site until otherwise told to do so by Race Control or Red Flagged . This is why we all continue to Navigate the course.

BTW. WHM got their motor started and returned to the course to finish 3+ adl laps. Stihl injured a motor during the stuff and limped to finish from there.

All of the superboat racers are stand up guys and would help each other in a min if there was an emergency. enough of the speculation

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.