Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
Marathon live stream >

Marathon live stream

Notices

Marathon live stream

Old 07-12-2015, 02:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mercury is doing the same thing to super stock right now they have the class torn apart you have some teams testing the new 200 and you have some teams testing the new 300 like you said in an earlier post Randy everybody's not going to be happy and all of that turmoil because they are they discontinuing outboard power that the super stock is used for years. I get coming out with new technology car dealers do it all the time they come out with a new model but they don't discontinue models in a previous line if the technology is new and better in the new product you'll get some people to buy those anyway so I still don't get the reason for discontinued it
Old 07-12-2015, 02:15 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Would SBI be willing to bring the HP down to a 575 HP range? Reduce compression ect? We would all be equal then.
Old 07-12-2015, 03:28 PM
Registered

U cant lower the comp the block work was done already but possible lower the RPMS. something we could look at, we could put one of the new motor on a dyno. Getting to 600 could be doable, but its all valid things to look at.

Last edited by Xtremeracing; 07-12-2015 at 03:36 PM.
Old 07-12-2015, 03:34 PM
Registered

And just to be clear this is me and only me thinking out loud on this thread. I have not asked or spoken to any of the currant OPA teams. This my opinion at this time that may change with more info. I have been known to be the demise of SVL by some so I don't want anyone else to feel they are part of this attempt to have a conversation about having equal power in both orgs.
Old 07-12-2015, 03:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Xtremeracing
U cant lower the comp the block work was done already but possible lower the RPMS. something we could look at, we could put one of the new motor on a dyno.
different pistons?
Old 07-12-2015, 03:46 PM
Registered

I agree I'm not speaking for SBI either, I know what we have and I know what can be done then it would be up to SBI to speak to the rest of the class. At least its an open dialogue in an open forum so I any other SVL and SV team can read it and voice their opinions. The new motor that is in the rulebook now is pretty simple to configure 2 any horsepower you can use a restrictor plate or rpm you wouldn't never have to add weight or lower a drive height to a boat again.
Old 07-12-2015, 04:09 PM
Registered

Randy, do you know how many OPA Teams have SBI motors?

Best of my knowledge Steve K is the only one with a legal OPA motor.
Old 07-12-2015, 04:51 PM
Registered

I believe Lilly is the only one that has one. And I believe there is a large difference in performance than his OPA motor. A few extra MPH which leaves the rest of us on the side. No one wants to go to a gun fight with a knife. KW could draw a big class if there was a way to equalize the HP issue IMO.
Old 07-12-2015, 04:57 PM
Registered

I'll make a few class this wk i think there are a few other OPA team that might be building SBI motor. Could just be hear say.

Last edited by Xtremeracing; 07-12-2015 at 06:28 PM.
Old 07-12-2015, 06:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
I believe Lilly is the only one that has one. And I believe there is a large difference in performance than his OPA motor. A few extra MPH which leaves the rest of us on the side. No one wants to go to a gun fight with a knife. KW could draw a big class if there was a way to equalize the HP issue IMO.
I agree there is a few mph difference better the two motors. You also have to take into consideration SBi has 4 or 5 newer technology boats which are for sure lighter and faster that will also make a difference.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.