The Freeport situation >

The Freeport situation

Notices

The Freeport situation

Old 10-30-2002, 02:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Dredgeking
This forum was designed for the racers and their Sanctioning bodies to discuss their issues. Please refrain from adding your .02 if it does not pertain to you, they are dealing with enough without the added instigating.

REMEMBER: IF YOU ARE NOT PART OF THE SOLUTION, THEN YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM.
Wait a minute, everytime someone starts talking racing in the main forum, whether it be a racer or not, they are told to bring it here. Now only racers are allowed to bring it here? Where do all the non-racers go to talk about racing? Without the fans racing would suck since there is no way a sanctioning body could make money, other than collecting fees from racers. You should embrase them and listen to some of what they have to say. If you or any sanctioning body did you may find that you would have more racers.

BTW: Who's considered a racer, my apba racing membership is still active yet I haven't climbed in a boat this year, am I no longer a racer?

Why would any corporation discuss their issues in a public forum. If they were serious about discussing issues with their members they would have their own site that available ONLY to it's members. OSO is a place to share ideas, ***** and to many is nothing more than another form of entertainment.
Old 10-30-2002, 04:22 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Yep, this is entertainment just like watching survivor. You couldn't make this sh** up. However there are some people who post on here thinking it will make a difference.

So pop some more corn and lets see what the next challange is and who will get tossed at tribal council.
Old 10-30-2002, 04:29 PM
Registered

non racers can discuss issues in this forum as long as it pertains to racing. this forum will not be used for disgruntled members to vent their frustrations in a negative/damaging manner. OSO is a community.

Last edited by Dredgeking; 10-30-2002 at 04:33 PM.
Old 10-30-2002, 05:10 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

isptech that is a very good point. I still think that the boat racing community can learn from other racing associations interms of organizational structures. Just wnat to se offshore as popular as some of the other forms of racing.
Old 10-30-2002, 05:46 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by mr_velocity

Wait a minute, everytime someone starts talking racing in the main forum, whether it be a racer or not, they are told to bring it here. Now only racers are allowed to bring it here? Where do all the non-racers go to talk about racing?
I am glad I am not the only one that noticed this. Both the APBA and SBI threads have been moved here. Others have something at stake in all of this besides racers and sanctioning bodies.

I for one have been following these threads because I am going to New Orleans. There are many here whose plans would be disrupted if the boats had not been released, or if SBI were boycotted. Vendors, vacationers, and racer's drinking buddies to name a few.

If someone has a suggestion or even a comment that might make one side or the other see reason, it needs to be posted somewhere. (RonP's "burp" excluded.)

Dredge, please don't be offended if I ask you to lighten up. You have been on here a long time and while I don't know you, you seem to have dedicated a good bit of time to performance boating. Nevertheless, if you don't want non-racers voicing thoughts here, please ask OSO not to move the interesting threads here. (And if you are offended, I will buy you one of a couple of drinks in the French Quarter that are GUARANTEED to make you forget.)
Old 10-30-2002, 06:12 PM
Registered

kaama, this forum is a place that non racers can get involved in some of the discussions and learn a few things from the experienced racers. i have no problem with non racers contributing to the forum and learning from the forum. i don't want people coming in here and bashing organizations or racers for things that are personal in nature. i want this forum to be used to benefit the sport. OSO is the best online resource i have found and i want to do what i can to continuously improve it. i expect the same from everyone else.

the regulars in this forum are racers that want to improve the sport and help make it better. ask them something and they will help you out. very sportsman like.

APBA has decided not to post on OSO for quite some time because of all the heat and controversy that came about last year. Ted Zoli came on here and stated the status of the issue. he didn't have to come on OSO and tell us anything, but he chose to use OSO as a way of keeping us, the fans and racers, informed. if we bash every organization representitve, then they won't come to OSO and provide us with helpful info.
Old 10-30-2002, 07:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, you don't sound offended, so... NO DRINK!

(and I'm outta here for the night.)
Old 10-30-2002, 07:08 PM
Registered

later buddy
Old 10-30-2002, 09:23 PM
jb
Registered

Searider, I understand you. I work at Danzas and was wondering how they will figure this out.
Old 10-31-2002, 12:21 PM
searider

Reply to Pokerface:
You're correct when you say that you guys essentially provided good measurements. What I can't understand is where you say "25% wrong"? Wrong against what ? I have told everyone that the carrier (Seaboard Marine) did not give an estimate for the total costs. They had no idea what was coming. What they quoted was a "unit cost" of $72.00 per square meter. That's all. Are you saying the this $72.00 was 25% too high ? The esimates were done by APBA while the boats were being delivered (or before) and even these were not accurate since no one knew exactly what would show up. Remember, we had a Tropical Storm that had changed schedules and things were still a bit unsure as to who would show up. So, when you say "25% off" I just don't think that's accurate. Also, the measurements taken at the dock are the ones that were used to calculate costs. I know that APBA is going over those measurements right now and may find basis for reduction.

Quick Reply: The Freeport situation

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.