Notices

Sbi World Championship Boycott

Old 10-30-2002, 10:50 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: Sbi World Championship Boycott

Originally posted by FAST FOUNTAIN
reverse his decision to DQ 3 of the boats for minor infractions which should have only been punishable by a minimal fine ($100) not a Disqualification
THIS is how it should have been handled...

Boycotts don't happen without reason. This does not appear to be one sore sport...Many are involved.
Old 10-30-2002, 10:52 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,255 Likes on 548 Posts

Thanks Mr. V!
Old 10-30-2002, 10:56 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

HOW CAN OTHERS HELP....ITS MR CARBONELL'S CALL.....RIGHT?
Old 10-30-2002, 10:57 AM
Pat D.

FastFountain.......
That is truly sad news. It's a shame. I feel terrible.

I hadn't heard any of this so appreciate your post even though it might look like your trying to start a controversy.
Your approach to good reporting is not going unnoticed.

I still have to go, even though there will be such a void with those boats missing, (fact, not rumor right?) we'll still try to have a race........
and if you decide to spend a little more money and attend that race, would you look me up in the registration tent any day from 9 to 5? I have something for you

Old 10-30-2002, 11:39 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boat Girl,

I don't usually post telling sanctioning bodies how to handle their business. This is pretty cut and dry. IF Bank Busters WAS ILLIEGAL (as they were apparently found to be) penalize them AS PER THE RULE BOOK! IF there were INFRACTIONS by other teams (as there were apparently found to be), penalize them AS PER THE RULE BOOK! That is why there is a rule book and EVERY RACING MEMBER has one. If selecting a National Champion is too much work when combined with getting the World's organized then Mr. Carbonell needs more staff and needs to pay them. Just like any other business does. If he cannot meet the demands of his customers (The Racers) they will go elsewhere. Unfortunately, right now that would be the port of Miami. There is no second guessing here. SBI has always been known to have its rules written on loose leaf paper. It was that way as far back as I can remember. It has been spoke about here for over a year and if memory serves me correctly, SBI was categorized as being a "more fun place to race". If John C. will not enforce his rules on the spot, or upon reciept of factual information from the testing facility, then he assumes the risk of losing competitors. If he does not enforce the rules as per the rule book, tehn why have any rule book at all?
Old 10-30-2002, 11:52 AM
FAST FOUNTAIN

Originally posted by Boat Girl
Fast Fountain- I would like to ask you something...reverse the situation here, put yourself in John Carbonell's shoes, how would you handle the situation, now remember no bias here, you cant just say you would side with Zipp and Larry and your other friends, really think about the situation, dont forget to take into account being screamed at and being called every four letter word in the book, not to mention the daily phone calls, and the threat of a lawsuit, and dont forget you still have to try and do business and get the Worlds underway...You keep saying that SBI is handeling this so poorly, well how would you handle it...why dont you try being part of a solution rather than the problem...
All that you say is correct. Te screaming, the threats of a law suit as well as 4 letter words all happened. But Why? THE RULES WERE NOT FOLLOWED. ANY RACER REFUSING AN INSPECTION IS IMMEDIATLY DQ'ED. PERIOD. Not weeks later! also DQ'ing every other boat except 1 to keep THE CHEATER as the national points champion. Carbonell should have given out the APPROPRIATE penealtys.

Bank Beaters: Cheated DQ him

Fastboats.com: Didn't sign paperwork pryor to testing. $100 fine 60 second penealty. NOT DQ

Zipp Express: Poor sportsman like conduct. Only after 6 hours of trying to convince Carbonell to accept the protest, 6 hours of trying to get an inspection done on Bank Beater, 6 hours of being ignored by an organisation Dan Fransis has supported for 2 years, spent countless thousands of dollars with, worked very hard to get racers to join the class did Dan loose his temper with Doug Kelly and Carbonell. It never, ever should have gotten to that point. But if Carbonell thinks a DQ is in order there fine.

Emotion: A rookie racer, first race ever, tested his boat the day before the race, before even sure he was going to race due to problems with the boats hull gets DQ"ED for driving his boat in the Hudson without signing in. John should be ashamed of this DQ. If anything a $100 fine and 60 second penalty. It actually should have ben assest at time of paying his entry fee since it happened prior. NOT over 2 weeks later. This is a guy that never raced, never saw a race packet or rules AND it was before he even knew he was going to race.

This was handled very poorly. It was an obvious attempt to keep The convicted Cheater Bank Beaters as the National champion.

How would you have handled it if you were robbed of your money, time, possible race win, possible national title, passion for thesport you love?

Old 10-30-2002, 12:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by KnowNothin
Goldman, don't make it so obvious that you are Fast Fountain
Yeah, but it is tough to argue with what he is saying.

See you in New Orleans.
Old 10-30-2002, 12:24 PM
FAST FOUNTAIN

Originally posted by Boat Girl
Fast Fountain- I would like to ask you something...reverse the situation here, put yourself in John Carbonell's shoes, how would you handle the situation, now remember no bias here, you cant just say you would side with Zipp and Larry and your other friends, really think about the situation, dont forget to take into account being screamed at and being called every four letter word in the book, not to mention the daily phone calls, and the threat of a lawsuit, and dont forget you still have to try and do business and get the Worlds underway...You keep saying that SBI is handeling this so poorly, well how would you handle it...why dont you try being part of a solution rather than the problem...
Boat Girl, I want you to know I like John, I like SBI. This thing is a real shame. If I was to put myself in Carbonells shoes, I would have taken control of the situation and dealt with the situation as per the rule book.

Old 10-30-2002, 12:25 PM
FAST FOUNTAIN

I am NOT larry Goldmen. Nice try!

Old 10-30-2002, 12:26 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default proud

Way to stick together guys!!

Maximus

Quick Reply: Sbi World Championship Boycott

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.