Sbi World Championship Boycott >

Sbi World Championship Boycott

Notices

Sbi World Championship Boycott

Old 10-30-2002, 08:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

maximus, no it wasn't. just don't stir the pot too fast

peace, i was sad when they quit racing in NOLA. i expect copeland to host an excellent event.
Old 10-31-2002, 09:14 AM
Registered

Funny, we haven't heard back from Boat Girl...Hmmmmmm....Maybe in 2 weeks.
Old 10-31-2002, 11:49 AM
Boat Girl

Shane- I am here, sorry I live in sunny Florida and I dont shut myself in with my computer, I have a life...LOL...

Fast Fountain- Thank you for responding...At least I know this is not personal...I think...As for this being and SBI decision, yes it is, and maybe they havent reached one yet because of possible legal proceedings, they would be foolish to comment until any possible legal matters are cleared up...I'm not sure about your time line, but I was there when word of a protest was mentioned to the inspector, that was no more than 20 mins after the finish of the race and he went straight away to the dry pits...When I was leaving the awards ceremony, I noticed the inspection well underway and a couple of team members from other teams climbing on Bank Beaters boat...That should not be allowed either, only the team being inspected and SBI staff should be on the boat, but whatever, and that was maybe only 3-3 1/2 hours after the race was finished...but that is really not the point and our opinions are just that, Just like the APBA boat situation, let the powers that be and the parties involved handle it...

Slingshot- Have read the SBI rulebook...if you would like to read it you can download it from the SBI website, and the part about protests is under General Competition Rules, I believe it is 4.6 on or about page 12...give or take...

Last edited by Boat Girl; 10-31-2002 at 12:03 PM.

Old 10-31-2002, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Boat Girl
Shane- I am here, sorry I live in sunny Florida and I dont shut myself in with my computer, I have a life...LOL...

Fast Fountain- Thank you for responding...At least I know this is not personal...I think...As for this being and SBI decision, yes it is, and maybe they havent reached one yet because of possible legal proceedings, they would be foolish to comment until any possible legal matters are cleared up...I'm not sure about your time line, but I was there when word of a protest was mentioned to the inspector, that was no more than 20 mins after the finish of the race and he went straight away to the dry pits...When I was leaving the awards ceremony, I noticed the inspection well underway and a couple of team members from other teams climbing on Bank Beaters boat...That should not be allowed either, only the team being inspected and SBI staff should be on the boat, but whatever, and that was maybe only 3-3 1/2 hours after the race was finished...but that is really not the point and our opinions are just that, Just like the APBA boat situation, let the powers that be and the parties involved handle it...

Slingshot- Have read the SBI rulebook...if you would like to read it you can download it from the SBI website, and the part about protests is under General Competition Rules, I believe it is 4.6 on or about page 12...give or take...
Hi Boat girl. Actually the protest was drawn up at about 2:45. It was not accepted. It was actually 7:45 when things got ugly. For 5 hours we tried to get the "Rules" inforced. Only after Dan francis showed his frustration and Doug Kelly left the race site were the EFI boxes confiscated. Unfortunatlly, I will not see you in New Orleans, I won't be there since I won't have anyone to race against in my class. I am very disapointed. The one thing about our class that is so unusual is we are all so close. Even though we are competitors we are all friends. Until the New York race I can't tell you one instance that anyone in our class ever argued with each other. I'm not saying I won't be racing "somewhere" next season but I have a hard time imagining it will be as anything like the class we had the past 2 years.
Old 11-01-2002, 09:26 AM
Registered

Default What about Key West?

Its to bad when we have to have cheaters, who aren't good enough to win legally, ruin this sport. We also need leadership that will inforce and follow the rules AS PER RULE BOOK. Come on down to Key west instead and you can race against me, I DON'T CHEAT. Ask Rick Felsen about his $500 I partied on.
Old 11-01-2002, 10:34 PM
Registered

SINCE WORLDS ARE OUT FOR THIS YEAR FOR ME I JUST LISTED MY BOAT ON EBAY. WILL BE RACING A NEW 36' NOR TECH NEXT YEAR, FEEL FREE TO BID!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...871785271&rd=1
Old 11-02-2002, 05:59 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good stay home and stop crying .
Old 11-02-2002, 07:13 AM
BDFREE

i dont think lube was crying just stateing he
is done this year and selling his boat.
with an attitude like that people might not come
back next year.i my opinion with the way his
class was screwed over he has the right to
cry.

just my .02

Old 11-02-2002, 07:39 AM
Registered

Originally posted by mike merola
Good stay home and stop crying .
DO YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ME? SEVERAL PEOPLE
EXPRESSED INTEREST IN PURCHASING MY BOAT BUT IT WASN'T GOING TO BE UP FOR SALE UNTIL DECEMBER. I AM NOW LISTING IT EARLY. I HAVE NEVER EVER CRIED ON THIS BOARD, I ONLY STATED FACTS. I DON'T APPRECIATE YOUR COMMENT. I DON'T HAVE A SINGLE ENEMY ON THIS BOARD OR IN EITHER RACE CIRCUIT. KEEP YOUR COMMENTS TO YOURSELF. DON'T YOU HAVE A BILDGE TO CLEAN OR SOMETHING?
Old 11-02-2002, 11:44 AM
Registered

gino, don't sweat him he's got a big month and someone shut it for him once,guess he needs it again.

Quick Reply: Sbi World Championship Boycott

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.