Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
Sbi World Championship Boycott >

Sbi World Championship Boycott

Notices

Sbi World Championship Boycott

Old 10-30-2002, 09:14 AM
FAST FOUNTAIN

Default Sbi World Championship Boycott

This is a very sad day. I am not posting this thread to start any controversy. This is not a rumor, it's a fact. The entire class of Superboat limited (SBI) other the Bank Beaters decided to not participate in the New Orleans world championship. This is due to the way John Carbonell handled the situation in New York with Bankbeaters cheating. It has been over 7 weeks since the New York race and there is still no final ruling as to the National Championship. Mr. Carbonell has had every oppertunity to reverse his decision to DQ 3 of the boats for minor infractions which should have only been punishable by a minimal fine ($100) not a Disqualification. This was done to assure Doug Kelly of Bank Beaters the National Championship even after being caught cheating. Being a sponsor, I know I feel all the time and money spent by myself and all of the honest teams in the has been a total waste. Everyone races with the hope to be fortunate enough to hold the title of National or World Champion. This was taken from everyone. This is such a shame. I fell terrible for the teams involved Zipp Express, Lube Jobs, Fastboats.com, and Emotion. These guys have worked very hard in vain. If anyone has any questions regarding this they can be posted here and they will be answered or they could be directed directly to the teams listed above.

Old 10-30-2002, 09:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to worry Mike, I have a tractor trailer load of popcorn that just came in from the Bahamas. I can have it brought right to your door. Oh, wait a minute, what's that? Maybe I can't. Something about the port of Miami, a threatening letter, a bill not paid and some boats?
Old 10-30-2002, 09:47 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Have fun in Key West.
Old 10-30-2002, 10:06 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,248 Likes on 541 Posts

Anyone see that movie; "Wierd Science," I think, where the house blew up from popcorn and a laser? I think we need another batch.
Old 10-30-2002, 10:11 AM
Registered

Wierd Science was the smokin shower scene with Kelly LeBrock. You're thinking of "Real Genius".
Old 10-30-2002, 10:23 AM
Boat Girl

Fast Fountain- I would like to ask you something...reverse the situation here, put yourself in John Carbonell's shoes, how would you handle the situation, now remember no bias here, you cant just say you would side with Zipp and Larry and your other friends, really think about the situation, dont forget to take into account being screamed at and being called every four letter word in the book, not to mention the daily phone calls, and the threat of a lawsuit, and dont forget you still have to try and do business and get the Worlds underway...You keep saying that SBI is handeling this so poorly, well how would you handle it...why dont you try being part of a solution rather than the problem...

Old 10-30-2002, 10:30 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

sounds like this post deserves Xtra Butter...........
Old 10-30-2002, 10:37 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You GO boat girl!!
Excellent point.
Old 10-30-2002, 10:37 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

DID THEY FOLLOW THE RULE BOOK? NO I DIDNT THINK THEY DID!, RULES ARE RULES THEY ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE MADE UP AS THEY GO.....THATS WHAT THEY ARE THERE FOR.
Old 10-30-2002, 10:47 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Boat Girl
why dont you try being part of a solution rather than the problem...
this is the same point i brought up regarding other racing issues. we all love the sport no matter which organization. if everyone criticises and no one help solve the problems, then we all lose. solutions and help would be better than criticism.

Quick Reply: Sbi World Championship Boycott

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.