Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
APBA Worlds Eligibility >

APBA Worlds Eligibility

Notices

APBA Worlds Eligibility

Old 11-14-2002, 10:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

as always with off shore racing, the rules change more often than the weather. allweis needs the money. come on down
Old 11-16-2002, 08:40 AM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Question

Originally posted by JT Klein
as always with off shore racing, the rules change more often than the weather. allweis needs the money. come on down
????? WTF was that all about???
Old 11-16-2002, 10:17 AM
Registered

At the beginning of the APBA season, we were told a team must make at least 2 races in order to compete at the worlds. We raced all season in what was a 2 boat fleet and now, presto, there are 8 entries in super V. That`s WTF! JT. MEDIA-MASTER.
Old 11-16-2002, 10:19 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

I would suspect that the P class racers would more than welcome any and all boats to race against. Lets not forget P class is for fun with limited restrictions so you can race as many boats as possable.Lets not push anyone away,lets welcome them with open arms to enjoy the sport we all love so much.If a race team has a problem with more compatition then they truely are not racers but ego hungry people. You cant feel to good about a win if you didnt give EVERYBODY a chance to race you.
Randy
Old 11-16-2002, 10:40 AM
RLW
~~~~
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So what Bajadaze posts says is that if I run in one "Silver Cup Series" event in a "P Class", I can run in the worlds and be in contention for a World Crown in "P Class" if there is a World Crown for P Class.
Am I reading that correctly?
Old 11-16-2002, 10:43 AM
Registered

JT I am refering to P class rules. But in your case would you want to only run 1 other boat at the worlds? And dont you have the advantage with more races in your boat then they do? And didnt you have a blast racing all year?
Who cares if a first time boat out wins the worlds.Didnt that boat earn the win.We all have a equal chance!To race is to CHALLANGE everyone to try and beat you. Thats why we race F-1 class we love the challange of all the boats.I wish there were 30 boats at the worlds in our class,look at the prize money you could win and picture the fans on there feet when you go by the wall with 30 boats screeming by.It would be great for the sponsors,tv and the fans.
With all that said you are right if it is in the rule book and rules are rules.But they should be changed in my humble opinion. JT I will see you in Key West and I will buy you the first beer and we share more good ideas.
Randy
PS my money is on you guys anyway kick some butt.
Old 11-16-2002, 11:21 AM
BJM
Registered

Well said Candy
Old 11-16-2002, 02:02 PM
Registered

If I'm reading the rule that Baja Daze posted correctly it states two quailifications in order to be eligible to qualify for Worlds event:

(!) The registered hull must have started at least one race in the same class at any Pro-Series or Divisional event prior to the World Championship.

(2) The same driver and/or throttleman must have competed in the same boat in the same class in order to qualify the hull for the World Championship event.

I don't see anything the says that there is a time frame for when these two eligibility requirements must be met. Somthing like NASCAR provisional quailification. Boats with same driver and/or throttleman who raced in a class in prior years could meet the requirements without having raced during the past season.

Seems fair enough.

More boats...more excitemant...more spectators...good for the sport.
Old 11-16-2002, 04:55 PM
Registered

So Ken with that out of the way what kind of boat are you bringing? And I know Eddie in the Wassup P-3 from NJ will be there ready to race his boat.
Randy
Old 11-16-2002, 06:09 PM
Registered

Oh, how I wish that we could... but rules are rules and our old warbird never ran in P Class so it looks like we will have to set this one out. That's OK...There's always next year.

We will be there anyway, out in the spectator fleet cheering everyone on! Look for me, I'll be the guy with a tear in his eye, BIG smile on his face, and arm raised to toast the fleet as you go roaring by.

Good luck, be safe, and may God be with you.

Quick Reply: APBA Worlds Eligibility

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.