Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
APBA Worlds Eligibility >

APBA Worlds Eligibility

Notices

APBA Worlds Eligibility

Old 11-16-2002, 06:39 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Ken please stop by in the pits and introduce your self you sound like someone who should be racing.I would still bring your boat I bet they would let you race.
Randy
Old 11-16-2002, 07:39 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jeff,

If it doesn't have to be within the year, puck up the open cockpit safety gear and we will run the old "Wings on Water" for another World Championship.
Is anyone certain if this is how the rule reads?

Chris
Old 11-16-2002, 08:07 PM
Smittymarine

I called Mike Tomlinson, to see if I could run in the p3 class. Ran SBI all season, but really missing Key West. APBA will not allow a boat to run in the worlds, If you have not had at least one regular season start. Bringing the boat down anyway, with a check who knows maybe they'll change their minds. Randy see you there. Coming down with a bunch of the Jersey boyz to route you on. Tell Glen I owe him one.

Old 12-13-2002, 07:26 PM
wil ros

Randy,we are new to the racing circuit,but we competed in the apba Worlds in P4,and to our amazement we won.It was our first race we ever entered in apba.My problem is not that the flag was taken away from us,but that we do not come out in the scoring sheet.I have made numerous calls to the apba headquaters and can not get an answer.I also spoke to ted zoli,and he said he would try to correct the situation.I know there were other boats racing for fun that were in the time sheets.Do you have any advise.

Old 12-13-2002, 08:56 PM
coolrunning racing
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

is it possible that the boats that did not qualify for the world championship don't get posted in the standings? you could also call Dee she would possibly know she does the points.

looking foward to seeing everyone at daytona.

jeb
Old 12-14-2002, 03:41 PM
wil ros

jeb,

I have left a couple of messages for dee,but I get no response.After the race our time was posted in the apba trailer.

thanks.

Old 12-14-2002, 04:08 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

Wil
You were in the 25 Powerplay? You guys ran great! I remember them telling you at the driversd meeting that you were running just for the race and that they told you COULD NOT win the "WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP" you did not qualify to race.
Old 12-14-2002, 10:04 PM
wil ros

Ryan
You are correct,all we want is our time sheet.I remember that there were other boats in different classes tha were running for fun and their times came out in the time sheets.

Old 12-14-2002, 11:32 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

Oh I understand. Did you have the correct number on your boat? I know they were cracking down on boats with wron numbers on?
Old 12-15-2002, 01:13 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Call and ask APBA. . .

If you call the phone number on the APBA website, you will likely be greeted by Heather, who is extremely nice! Ask her to fax you the lap times for the race you were in. Then you will not only have your average lap time, but individual laps as well. She has done this for me, and even put me on a list where I am faxed the lap times after every race.

Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: APBA Worlds Eligibility

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.