Notices

donzi #1

Old 11-28-2002, 07:36 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

TW

1st) Interesting that Donzi's damage was on the left rear corner, yet you claim they hit someone else. Kind of hard to hit the rear of your boat against the bow of somebody else dont ya think.. Care to detail your accusations?

2nd) I also like the comment "and other things we couldnt find". Tech inspections are pretty thorough, and I would figure if you looked hard enough, you would find any improprieties (sp) during the inspection. Care to detail your accusations?

3rd) Nice comment "you guys suck". Class act

Maybe you can fill in the details here instead of tossing accusations around. It makes interesting fodder, maybe you could even be convincing.

Scott B
Old 11-28-2002, 11:40 PM
F2-34thrttleman

Eric, what boat were you in?

Old 11-28-2002, 11:41 PM
TwisterF2

Scott

Trust me when I say Donzi hit Speedwear. I know this for a fact because I saw it up front and personal. Our boat was pulling up to Speedwear at the start of the race and saw Donzi coming in from our right with a hard angle to the left. We chopped the throttle and cut behind Donzi and went to the right to get to the outside. Had we not cut the throttle we would have been the boat that got hit.

I don't know what Donzi was thinking with the angle they were taking. The fleet was going one-way and Donzi another.

Old 11-29-2002, 10:25 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i was in herbotts boat f2-80.

scott, no accusations just the truth. they hit speedwear. they were caught using illegal props. since they were using illegal props then it doesen't stop there. steve simon did not protest it for obvious reasons. so it's done and over with.

like i said before i am just pissed you can run all season bust your ass and get beat by people cheating and no consiquences.

Treadwell
Old 11-29-2002, 11:03 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

First off, thanks for the clarification as to Wednesdays events. It’s always interesting to hear different perspectives on these things, I am curious to hear Team Donzi’s response, and will make a call next week to get one.

As a diehard Donzi FANatic, I am obviously biased. However and more importantly, as a lifetime offshore racing fan, the comments in this thread have really struck a nerve. As I am sure you are aware, offshore racing’s fan base, the loyal, paying fans like myself who support your sport, attend your functions, buy your products, has dropped dramatically in the past decade. Why? Lots of reasons. APBA, SBI and the myriad of organizations that have come and gone have totally screwed up racing as we know it. Today, the racing community is a fragmented mess. As a fan, it hurts to see it. It also makes it tough for us as fans to have any drive, any enthusiasm, any desire to spend our hard earned money to watch you guys n gals race, and support your (and our) chosen sport. Do I believe that this sport is how you make your living? No. But, if the fan base is not there, the purses are not there, the races go away. Do I want to see this? NO! But, do I want to see the kind of public back-stabbing, finger pointing and false accusations that go on in both APBA and SBI racing? NO! It’s a fact of life in any sport, there are some who will push the edge, and maybe go over it. But, this is why we have dope testing, we have tech inspections, we have medical exams. But, for any of you racers to just flat out accuse anyone of cheating without proof, to tell anyone who may actually disagree with them that we suck, well your just shooting yourself in the foot. We the paying fans will not take such abuse. We the paying fans will not stand for unfounded accusations without backup. We the paying fans will not tolerate this kind of childish *****ing and whining which threatens to destroy the very sport you participate in. If the system is broken, you the racers need to fix it. Claiming is an option, claim engines and parts. But, keep in mind, we the paying fans will not pay much longer.

Scott n Heidi

Last edited by Scott B; 11-29-2002 at 11:05 AM.
Old 11-29-2002, 11:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Scott n Heidi....Have you read the other post yet?...please do.
Old 11-29-2002, 11:22 AM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Well it'll be interesting to hear the final results and even more interesting to hear the other accusations of cheating either validated or invalidated. Either way will make for some interesting follow up reading....
Old 11-29-2002, 12:21 PM
audacitychick

Lightbulb Well said

Scott and Heidi - You could not have said it better. A little perspective goes a long way. Racers could not be racers if there were no one to race with. With-being the operative word. Yes, we all want the checkered flag. The harder we work against each other...The harder we make it for the fans, the teams, and the sponsors. I have to admit that I was introduced to offshore by Joe. He isn't the only person who has kept me here. If you can believe it, the pits keep bringing me back. I have made a great deal of friends running around those pits throughout the weekends. I spend a fair amount of time with people other than my own team. I know if I needed a hammer I could borrow one and they wouldn't try to give me a rock. I must have only assumed that we all had the same goal. Competition is good for us.

Old 11-29-2002, 02:15 PM
Registered

Exclamation REMINDER

bashing of members will not be tolerated. just a friendly reminder.
Old 11-29-2002, 03:26 PM
Registered

Default Does that mean...

Bashing of NON members will be tolerated?

I'd like to take this opportunity to bash all the cheating lying dirtbags we finished in front of this year.
They MUSTA been cheating, we were and didn't finish NEAR as far ahead of them as we shoulda.

You know who you are.

Quick Reply: donzi #1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.