Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
Sorry I havent been around... I just moved! >

Sorry I havent been around... I just moved!

Notices

Old 09-03-2003, 05:18 PM
mikejill

Hey guys, Sorry its been so long. Mike and I have moved to Tampa. Mike was offered a job in the middle of APBA country. We look forward to seeing you all at the tampa bay race. We went out Monday and found the ocean and bay very calm and very beautiful. I cant wait to get some action shots of you guys....
Im hoping to make the bahammas and Key west as well.
Keep an eye out for the Blue baja 235. If you see a crazy chick (red head) in a bikini with a camera... wave!
After all is done, I will upload your shots to my site where you can download high quality shots for your personal use. Hopefully i can get you guys catching some air time...

Hugs to all and Wish you luck!

Godspeed!
Jill

Old 09-03-2003, 05:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to Tampa Jill and Mike!

We are in St. Petersburg, FL on the other side of Tampa Bay! There is a boating club you should look into...OPBRA. The people are great and adventures are a plenty.

Welcome to Florida!

Julie
Throttle Up Propellers
727-531-2255
Old 09-03-2003, 06:27 PM
mikejill

Sounds good!!!
Had a great time at Anna Maria this Monday. Lots of expensive-Fast boats. Mike and I agree... were going to need a bigger boat soon.

I will have mike check into that tomorrow... sounds like fun.

Thanks for the welcome!
Hugs
jill

Old 09-04-2003, 07:18 AM
Offshore Addiction

Let us know if you need anything... Our shop is located right off of Hillsborough- feel free to stop by...

Old 09-04-2003, 10:53 AM
mikejill

I didnt know you guys were so close by,
We are going to hit the ocean this weekend if this storm blows by. The guys want to go out, get drunk and ski so we are going to scope out the party coves. Even though that doesnt mix... I think I will be DD again..
:0p
We may hit anna marie again.. perhaps go up to the islands up north.
I just hope this storm blows over by this weekend....
Not much fun to own a boat and not be able to use it...
Got a killer tan this past weekend... Cant wait to work on it some more...

jill

Old 09-04-2003, 10:55 AM
mikejill

PS was introduced to fire ants last night. I was in the dark talking to mike outside and all of a sudden... YEAAAOOOOOCCCHHH!!!!
Next thing I knew I was running around saying a few words I shouldnt have. Those things HURT!
My left foot was covered in bites. I ran inside and kicked off my sandals to see them scatter around the floor.
My whole foot swelled up! I was hot!

Man they are mean!

Jill

Old 09-04-2003, 11:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They were your welcoming party. Go to Home Depot and buy some AMDRO and pour a little around all your ant hills and they will be gone in no time
Old 09-04-2003, 11:38 AM
Offshore Addiction

I don't know if the storm is going to pass by Saturday.... but don't worry - you will have most of the winter months to boat also.... Our shop is right off I-4 on Hillsborough... Maybe one weekend we can take the race boat out and meet up with you and have a good time.

Old 09-04-2003, 05:54 PM
mikejill

Sounds like fun.
Its a whole 'nother world down here. I loved Anna Marie Island. It is GORGEoUS out there.
I cant wait to do some snorkeling and deep sea fishing . Last time I went out at NC I caught a shark!
Call me odd.. but im a girl that sports fishing poles on a speed boat. in savannah we were going to drop lines and hang out, but we got too busy chasing the people out of the race track. you never know... we might strike it rich someday and buy a race boat.. Until then.. im searching for a job.

It looks like this storm is going to ruin the weekend.. guess I will catch up with some light reading or somehting :P

back to the resume writing and job searching...

wish me luck!

hehe

jill

Old 09-05-2003, 04:53 PM
Trim it Up!
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by mikejill
We went out Monday and found the ocean and bay very calm and very beautiful.
Jill

Not the ocean the Gulf of Mexico is over there!!

O P B A =

September 27th - 28th, the OPBA will travel from the waters of St. Petersburg to downtown Tampa for another weekend of fun in the sun, and entertaining night life. The OPBA host hotel is the Radisson Riverwalk on Hillsborough River in Tampa. Please call now to make your overnight reservations for Saturday night, September 27th, with rates starting at $89/night. Please call 813-223-2222 and mention that you are staying for the Offshore Power Boat Association Social to get the special rate. We are working to get a helicopter for this run with video footage from the air, and when we are out on the night as well. So this will be another great event you won't want to miss.

Here's the general itinerary...
We will leave from the Sandbar on Tierra Verde around noon and have the helicopter get some great aerial video footage of all the boats!
Run up to the St. Pete Pier to pick up more OPBA members...if necessary
Continue on to Rocky Point and have some lunch and refreshments at the Green Iguana and/or Bahama Breeze
Then we depart and head to downtown Tampa to the Radisson on Hillsborough river
We tie the boats up, and enjoy more refreshments at the pool and the Tiki Bar
There are a number of dinner establishments within walking distance from the hotel to satisfy every taste bud
We are looking to shuttle everyone to Ybor City for a wild night on the town!
The Amphitheater in Ybor will be the official party spot for the OPBA on Saturday night
(Dress to impress, as the video cameras will be rolling most of the night too)
We will shuttle everyone back to the hotel to make sure everyone gets there safely, feel free to utilize the taxis
Sunday morning...skip breakfast, because we will chug the boats over to Jackson's for a very nice brunch!
You can stick around and watch the football game, head home, or we can plan some more fun for Sunday.
As you can see, we look to make this run just as fun as any poker run we've done. But please make your hotel reservations now!!

We are looking to make this a 'no charge run' for this event, but you will have to buy copies of the videos once it is completed. You are also individually responsible for your own hotel reservations at the Radisson. Docking is included, but we may need to raft-off as needed. As usual, please make sure your vessel has all the necessary US Coast Guard equipment. Sponsorships for this event is available and encourage to keep this a minimal cost to our members. Please contact myself or Ron Long regarding advertising and sponsorships.

I hope to see all of you there!

Fun Club (www.opbafl.org)

WELCOME to Florida!!