Carrera??  Florida Race boat >

Carrera?? Florida Race boat

Notices

Carrera?? Florida Race boat

Old 09-20-2003, 11:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carrera?? Florida Race boat

Anyone know this boat or team? I was interested in their boat but need more info. I believe they raced in Florida under A-21 (its purple and yellow).

Also does anyone know about Carrera as raceboats? Doesn't seem like a manufacturer that would be into racing.
Old 09-20-2003, 02:12 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Carrera made alot of raceboats in the late 70's early 80's. There are currently two 24' raceboats in OPA and one in the Great Lakes series. They seem to be built solid! Check with Q-ball on this site-he races one in OPA.
If the one your looking at is the one without power in Miami, it looks like a good deal on paper, but I have not seen it.
What class would you be racing in? It looks as though "A" class is growing again for next year.

Last edited by Fast Shafts; 09-20-2003 at 02:14 PM.
Old 09-20-2003, 06:10 PM
VIP Member

Team Mission Impoosible runs a 24 Carrera here in NJ.

Shes a screamer.
Old 09-20-2003, 06:54 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

To view photos of the OPA Carreras, go to
www.NJSPORTPICS.COM
Then view "recent events" scroll to 8/15/03 and check out P5-23, P5-25.
Old 09-20-2003, 09:10 PM
Registered

Ya actually it is the one advertised without power. I would be racing in the Silver Cup series under a performance type class. I'm looking for a reasonable starter boat to see if its something I really want to get into.
Old 09-21-2003, 08:54 PM
Registered

P5-25 Revolution Marine is a 24 Carrera. The boat is solid as a rock and makes a great starter boat. Carrera was into making offshore boats in the 70's and 80's. You will need some good power to get it moving but when she does she's a bear. I love my boat, I would recommend it to anyone.
Old 09-21-2003, 09:12 PM
Registered

P.S.- where is the one for sale in flordia?
Old 09-21-2003, 10:20 PM
Registered

Good question!!! I just looked tonight and it is off the site. Are these boats sit-down style or are they deep enought to use stand-up bolsters? Power will not be an issue as I love building performance motors. I was more concerned that 24' would not be enough boat especially for a beginner. I would like to get something in the 28' range with a single motor.
Old 09-22-2003, 07:22 AM
Gold Member

I KNOW ABOUT THE BOAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT,THAT BOAT IS FULLY RIGGED FOR RACING,SET DOWN THREE MAN BOLSTER.CARRERA BOATS PLACED IN FIRST IN ALOT OF RACES BACK IN THE 70`S AND 80`S ONE OF THE BIGGEST NAMES WAS DAMM CARRERA,THE OWNER AND BUILDER OF CARRERA HUMBERTO PICON WAS THE A GREAT RACER BACK IN THOSE DAYS.HIS BOATS WERE MADE TO TAKE PUNISHMENT AND LATER THE 24 MOLD WAS SOLD TO JULIO DEVARONA OF SCORPION POWER BOATS WHOM ALSO RACED BACK IN THE DAYS WITH WILLY DIAZ IN A 37 FOOT CIG CALLED EL BOSS.SO IF YOU WANT TO RACE IN THE RUFF WITH NO PROBLEM THAT IS AN AWESOME BOAT TO COMPETE IN.
GOOD LUCK TO YOU,ALBERT
Old 09-22-2003, 07:45 AM
Registered

What do you guys prefer - sitdown or stand-up? I never realized people race sitting down in open canopy boats. It seems like if you're running in the nasty stuff (which I imagine is the norm in races) one would prefer to be standing.

Quick Reply: Carrera?? Florida Race boat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.