APBA and Lee Mills.....

Old 09-29-2003, 03:55 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally posted by T2x
This is an open forum

You don't have to be a racer to ask about racing.

You don't have to be a boat builder to talk about boat building.

and you don't have to be a lawyer....to talk about the LLC.
And for the record.......you don't have to be a gourmet chef...... to spit out bad food.

T2x.................
Old 09-29-2003, 03:57 PM
ModMachine

What to ask Questions ?
NO problem GO FOR IT

Want to spread some bogus bullS*@ disguiesed with questions so you can throw some personall dirt ?
I think everyone would have problem with that.
SHUT UP AND RACE goes out to the dirt throwers.They are not adding anything positive.
Post actual questions,, minus the mud slinging and the tall tales The forum is all yours .

Old 09-29-2003, 03:59 PM
ModMachine

Originally posted by T2x

T2x.................
Hey T2x
When you are throwing dirt your are just losing ground .

Old 09-29-2003, 04:09 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up here come the allies (we all got em)

Ganged up on Shane? Who's ganging up on who here? I've made arrangements for Shane - Trent and you Rich to sit on the front row at the drivers meeting in Lauderdale - Then you'll see ganged - haha - hey kidding guy's - By the way I know Debbie very well and I bet she doesn't agree with everything APBA Offshore does and yes she is a lady and also DIPLOMATIC. It goes along way in life , even on internet message boards! B2h
Old 09-29-2003, 04:13 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking commentary KOOLAID

I don't see Dick Crippen on here whining - oh he's still calling the races on SPEED! B2h
Old 09-29-2003, 06:00 PM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by T2x
Well............

You guys sure ganged up on Shane didn't you..........?

"Shut up and race"......... has become the LLC's new slogan.

In an odd sort of way....it fits.

Don't ask questions.....just get in your boats...and do what we tell you....until we tell you something different.

There are many people on here who love the sport..... and there is a basis for logical and civil discussion..... and that is healthy...... But healthy discussion requires abstaining from personal attacks on someone's credibility.......or intelligence.

Shane asked some questions....... They deserve either an answer or an "I don't know"......... For a bunch of pro APBA LLC 'ers to talk about bias is assinine.............

There are passions on all sides of this issue....and that's to be expected. There are people with integrity and some slime balls as well.......that's life. But, too many of the threads on here turn into street fights every time someone asks a question.

This is an open forum

You don't have to be a racer to ask about racing.

You don't have to be a boat builder to talk about boat building.

T2x....... Shut up and answer the damn question.
Rich,

I know Shane and consider him a friend. I was not taking anysides here in fact was trying to be pro racing. If my post was not taking in that context I will remove it. Actually I was trying to make light of the situation. The fact of the matter is this until we get all the factions to merge together we will have the choices we have now. I just thought BH's slogan was funny and tagged it. I have lots of respect for you and wish you were still the commentator. So why doesn't everyone take the undertone that I put in the original message and try to merge it all together.

Shane sorry I wasn't targeting you in any way at all.

Sean
Old 09-29-2003, 06:09 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

T2x,
Kind of what I have been thinking, and saying. I really don't understand the "Shut Up" part. We have seen many improvements over on the dark side (SBI). None of them came about because anyone kept quiet. Some of them might even have been influenced by CONSTRUCTIVE comments from the OSO forums. SQ
Orders for 08' DVC hulls now being taken.
Old 09-29-2003, 06:41 PM
ModMachine

Steve
You mention SBI as the 'dark side' as if it is "We' vs "Them".Not all of us see the 2 in that light.In case you are wondering,I have no "Side" with the two groups so you wont get me stirred bringing that up.Does SBI have some good points?Yes.But this thread has nothing to do with SBI or the rift that exists between them.
COnstructive comments & Constructive questions help make improvements?
Absolutely.
But please keep the bull at home.

Old 09-29-2003, 06:48 PM
ModMachine

Originally posted by cashbrain
I am a firm believer that just because someone has an opinion, doesn't necessarily mean that they are attacking....

in another thread Cashbrain wrote: "Key West is not sanctioned by APBA.Get with the program"

What kind of crap is that? Thats not an opinion.We arent stupid.
SHane wrote: "How come hydros dont have any venue issues that the LLC does?"

When you got BS like this being put on the boards, even if it came from a shadowy 3rd party, its up to the rest of us to set them straight.
SOrry if you guys think you are getting ganged up on - but you just cant expect to get away with that kind of crap. MY 2cents.

Old 09-29-2003, 09:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A show of hand from one who races.

I respect the tenacity which the LLC has shown moving the sport forward. These guys are working their butts off to build a business. The few fulltime, and many part time, volunteers and employees of this small business seem to have one overriding goal: to improve offshore racing for everyone.

This small business has shown much strength. When working with reputable people, it can put on a well organized and top-notch event; an event that attracts casual and hard-core fans alike. Races that bring out the best racers and teams to participate.

When working with business partners that have common goals, each can benefit. The GM program is a great example. To be associated with GM benefits all the sponsors, big and small.

In the face of adversity, the business stands strong. There have been many potholes in the road. Some businesses would have just pulled off and given up. I applaud their efforts and conviction for staying on their current path.

This is why the majority of offshore racers choose to spend their time and money with APBA Offshore, LLC. Our common goal is to work together to build and improve the sport.

Jim

Quick Reply: APBA and Lee Mills.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.