All F1 Teams Who Are Racing Or Thinking Of Racing For 2004 >

All F1 Teams Who Are Racing Or Thinking Of Racing For 2004

Notices

All F1 Teams Who Are Racing Or Thinking Of Racing For 2004

Old 12-18-2003, 08:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gordo,
Thank you....and I think you comments our what we all need to look at....I would also have know problem if we slow it down to the mid to upper 70's in race conditions....this is what I'm talking about their are alot of F1 teams that are agreeing with this....Scott e-mailed me last night and basically said thats also what the GLSCS is going do with ajustments so the 500's are competitive with the 525's.....As far as a sanctioning body also....but I think we all agree it has to be a set schedule....their are teams serious thinking of racing the pro-series next year that did'nt run 2003 if the rules are set and the schudule is set....as far as having CRE we need some kind of sealed program...I have no problem running LLC...acutally it will hurt after 3 years of promoting LLC to sponsors and were its going to now say we found something better.....thier are alot of teams thinking like you are so keep intouch...thanks for the conversation in O.B.
Gino

Last edited by MANITIE; 12-18-2003 at 08:59 AM.
Old 12-18-2003, 09:04 AM
Registered

I agree with TOO OLD this is a very nice thread I have enjoyed reading it As far as the GLSCS they are aslo offering a high points fund, it is an incentive to the racers who race the whole series, I think they are offering 7 classes at this point, they are having a meeting on January 24, 2004 at the Cleveland Boat Show at the IX Center if anyone is interested, they encourage all racers to attend.
Old 12-18-2003, 09:36 AM
Registered

Julie22,
Thanks for the info....they did a great job last year and I know it will be even better this year....
Gino
Old 12-18-2003, 09:44 AM
Registered

Gino you are welcome, also I forgot to tell what time the meeting is, its at 2pm, they are also guarnteeing 5 races the first one being in Algonac, Mich on June 4, 5, and 6 of 2004 the race course is shaped like a boomer rang, I myself, am a active person with GLSCS, as a voluntary, but if any one has any questions regarding GLSCS please ask away, I will see what I can do for folks, I may not have all the answers, I am a Dumb Blonde ha ha but I can ask someone who is the Vice President of the GLSCS, (he is my boss). Merry Christmas everyone!!!!!!!

Julie
Old 12-19-2003, 04:58 PM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

Gino

I guess what it boils down to is do the F1 guys want to invest 30-35K in a motor/drive that if they go with LLC they may or may not race 5,6,7 races and may not be around next year, or the rules change again. Thats alot of scratch to throw at a class that is supposed to be "entry level". I know you guys and Randy and the Lavey guys did it, but how many more are going to commit that much to F1? There goes the hopes of 10-15 boats in F1 again. I'll bet you wont see more then 5 at any LLC race next year. Alot has to do with you being so dominent, and without a 525 the chances for anyone else are 0.
And lets be honest...anyone who says he's only racing for fun, and doesnt want to win is not being completley honest. Its too bad the only guy in F1 that knows exactly what hes doin and were hes goin is Frank Sarro.

Dan
Old 12-19-2003, 09:58 PM
Registered

Dan,

About $10K and my 500 gets a fresh HP3. You bet I'm spending the money. No way Mark and Gino are going to have an easy way of it this year. Some will opt to convert their 500's. I don't have any idea what the rest of the fleet will do, but the math works for any team that can spend $10,000 to upgrade their equipment. F1 is no longer entry level. There is some serious stuff going on making these boats perform like they do.

If you want entry level, go to P5. Great racers, more economical and a fun place to start.

Jim
Old 12-20-2003, 08:39 AM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Jim
Merry Xmas
Yep...I figured you'd be back, good for you! Gonna go with the hp huh? I thought they were lease only motors from GM for race teams only. Who's selling them? Innovation? 10k and yours seems like a real good deal. Whats the cost outright? I'd be interested to know what the HP numbers are. Do you have them to share? Do they have any kind of warantee?
See ya
Dan
Old 12-20-2003, 10:41 AM
Registered

Hey Dan,
That is a true statement but its hard to tell someone who just bought a 525 to tell to sell it and buy a 500....the one good thing of the 525 pack. Alot of teams that own a 500 need it refreshed its only $2000 to upgrade to the 525....and their are teams that have the 500 that are willing to race with the 525's till we can all agree on....
Old 12-20-2003, 11:41 AM
BJM
Registered

Gino

Why don't we agree on one weight at 4650 as discussed earlier. If you run a 525 you have to add weight until the top speed is the same as a boat with a 500. Most likely about 400 pounds, if it needs to be more than we make it higher. We could dial the boats in so that every one is running the same top speed and then the hull design and handeling will come into play. Most importantly the skill of the team on the race course will decide who wins. It's no fun when you know you don't have a shot at winning. ( High energy) boat is too fast, no one has a shot at beating you guys. That is because Mark Has put alot of time into testing and dialing his boat in. You guys should not be penalized for having the best boat, but I think that's what has to happen. I personally don't enjoy racing for 2nd or 3rd place.

Most important FANS of Offshore racing don't want to see High energy(1st) Typhoon (2nd) every race . The race is usually over by the first bouy. It would be alot more fun if we had 10 boats that could win on any day. Skill would be much more important to winning. Face it ,you are'nt a better driver than everyone else in Factory 1, you just have the best boat. Take any team in Factory 1 and put them in your boat and they would win, that's just a fact. The way things are right now, you pretty much know the results of Factory 1 before the race even starts.

We take every bodys boat and run in smooth water at the first race sight, even have another team drive each others boat so there could be no sandbagging. We add weight to the fast boats and slow them down to make it more competitive. We also take into consideration that some boats handle poorly(Fountain,Velocity, scarab) and allow these boats to be alittle bit faster because if a GOOD handeling boat like an Avtivator Kryptonite Warlock Lavey etc. was running the same speeds, the better handeling boat would win.

We know enough about every boat that races in Factory 1 that we could decide these things collectivley and make everyone's boat competitve. These are just my thoughts on what could bring the 15 or so F-1 boats that are sitting around the country back to the race course. As a class we can make our own rules and tell the organization what the rules are going to be. Their job would be to enforce the rules!

I know that this kinda takes the purpose of Factory raceing away but I believe thats what were down to. EVERY BODY SHOULD FEEL LIKE THEY HAVE A SHOT AT WINNING ON ANY GIVEN DAY.

B.J.Maher
(Two time National champio )and the real (2001 World Champion). Not because we are that much better than everyone else ,but because we had the best boat!
Old 12-20-2003, 12:50 PM
Registered

BJ,
Mark will be the first one to tell I said all year I had more fun running my fountian then running up front not being deck to deck with other boats....I'm the first one that said I think we need to slow down the 525's to 80 so it would be more compitive......as far as Mark doing all the work.....I have heard that alot this year....but if you ask Mark he will tell you different.....you might not even know this but I called Mark about a month ago and told him to run in Steve M. boat because I was going to find another team to run with for 2004....becuase I don't want to be a person thats ridding on someones coat tail.....I worked my ass of to 6 months to get sponsors to be able to do the things we did for 2004.......you were also the first person I mentions he should run the F1 boat with next year......
So as you see I agree with you 100% on the speeds and I have talk to teams that also agree....Mark and I get along great on and off the race course.....there is nothing more then I want is to have close racing...I just want the the current teams to agree and get along again and move on to 2004.....if your thinking of racing next year you should call Mark.....and if you know any F1 team that has a seat open let me know.....

Gino

Quick Reply: All F1 Teams Who Are Racing Or Thinking Of Racing For 2004

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.