Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
Future of Factory Class >

Future of Factory Class

Notices

Future of Factory Class

Old 12-22-2003, 09:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As an ardent supporter of offshore racing, these ideas Mike make a whole lotta sense. Anything that can not only help "calm a storm" but bring new interest into our sport can only be a good thing.
Old 12-22-2003, 09:24 PM
Mike A.

Originally posted by xtremeracingf1
Mike A,

I have spoke to a few people at Merc,and got a different version of the story...
Frank
Koolhand
I will bet you did. The difference is that I am airing it out on a public forum. They have a tendency to talk a good game one on one. Tell whoever you are talking to that they should come on here and tell their version of events not have you and other Mercury customers do it for them.

Also, tell them that there are enough former Mercury Racing employees out there who are no longer bound by the company marching plans and their versions are closer to mine.

Mike

Old 12-22-2003, 09:26 PM
Mike A.

Originally posted by THEJOKER
Maybe it's not to late for Mercury , Fred K , the boycotters , GM and MA to sit down at a neutral site and hammer out these issues.
Anytime, any place, and it should be open to the racers and sponsors who have so much at stake here. Let you all ask the tough questions and make us answer them ALL in front of you. I am game.

Mike

Old 12-22-2003, 09:27 PM
Registered

i like the idea of having more then innovation working on the engines, it would be nice to see one in the north east area, i spoke to a great machine shop/ motor builder 2 days ago they build and re-build marine motors for the local marinas, they charge $ 3600.00 for a complete re-build with all new parts and they warranty it, that beats the @#%^# of of innovations prices by far, and when they build a motor it is done right, and gives you the most out of your motor legally. some competition for innovation would be a good thing, and their turn around time is alot faster the innovation. volume business I'm sure would bring the prices down even more.

BH it would be nice to see one of your boats running f1, and it would be nice to have you helping the teams that would buy your boats, that is what this class really needs, people that have been involved and that are willing to help out.

KEVIN
Old 12-22-2003, 11:12 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

mike and steve,
thank you very much for listening. low cost, low speeds, it will saves lives!!!!!!!!!
and make factory racing what it used to be. a great time for racers, fans, and manufacturers. sign me up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bc
Old 12-22-2003, 11:24 PM
xtremeracingf1

Mike A

I'll talk to them and see what I can find out. If I get any positive input I'll let you know,and possible we can talk about it.I'll give you a call or possible if you have th etime you can call me.

Frank
Kolhand
321 693-0023

Old 12-23-2003, 06:49 AM
Offshore Addiction

alright,I'm here,so the 496,I'll have to check and see what rods and cranks are in these motors,as far as the sealing,should be realitively easy,and if Mike A. would return the ECM program that was applied with the EFI classes then this could work,but as a dealer for mother merc I would also like to be able to help on purchasing,knowing what the costs are so we can keep this program "low cost" until we can get the ball rolling downhill and get dealers,manufacturers, and large class sponsors back!the exhaust should be pretty much open to what you prefer or have to run,i.e.open to use what you want in the hope of possibly getting help from these additional companies and get them back out there promoting again!whacha think Mike A.,guys?

and hey MIKE A. thanks alot for helping,I and I hope it refers to alot of us,really appreciate your attention with this!!!! thanks!!!!

Last edited by Offshore Addiction; 12-23-2003 at 06:58 AM.

Old 12-23-2003, 06:53 AM
Offshore Addiction

Mike,I've also got access to a dyno right there in st. pete so you could spend an hour here or there with us checking h.p. out of the crates,the costs to us is about half of innovations!

Old 12-23-2003, 06:58 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well Mike,
Now you have my attention. If you are willing to make these changes, bring the speeds down, ensure that the rules would stay in effect for a set period of time, and assist in helping some of us transition to the new motor packages I am game. The $5000 is not the issue, the issue for me has been making sure that there are other boats in my class. It appears that these changes would bring more boats into the class. That would be great!
Old 12-23-2003, 06:59 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

We had multiple engine sealers in the past (authorized by Mercury) and their was more cheating than you can imagine. I would love for Mike or Steve to comment, not using names of course. Every thing from machined harmonic balancers to hidden Ecm's I even heard a story of the heads and intake being removed together, machined and replaced without breaking the seals.

I strongly support the 1+1+1 if this is the engine of choice then Stick to it, If F1 starts out with 3 or 4 boats, stick to it, If I can't get my ducks in a row by the beginning of the season I'll run P4 until I can, we need a starting point this could be it. I pushed for the 500efi for cost reasons, but I'll stand behind what ever it takes to get F1 back on line.

Eddie Simmons
F1-68

Quick Reply: Future of Factory Class

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.