SBI Possible Rule Change

Notices

SBI Possible Rule Change

Old 03-17-2004, 08:20 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Ryan Beckley
You have to start with top speed best setup. Propping down is BS. Run your boat in the class it should be in. We all know how fast our boats are and pretty much how fast other boats are. The guys that are running theold F2 boats in P classes are the ones really balling up the little guys. Unfortunatly I think alot of that was done to please the manufacturer who was trying to promote a new class. (Like we need another) Trust me I got hosed by 2 38's cutting my off at the start in St Pete. And by a 37 ALL year. Sack up and run your boat in the right class.
Well said as always Ryan, I agree with a legnth rule if people are going to sandbag, which they certainly have been doing the last few years.

Chris
Old 03-17-2004, 08:39 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

And I will add Rick and Tim are 2 of the best racers out there, and I have been in boats with hundreds and hundreds of racers. They came from a racing background, test all the time, and proved how good they were by winning the St. Pete race on one of the year's most difficult courses.

After watching the tape, I can easily see how they beat us in the race, but I know I learned from it, so bring it on next year guys.

P.S. And the boat they ran in ran 16 races last year, and only won one other race, incidentially with Eric Treadwell and Norman Colby at the helm. We hear it all the time... this boat this and that boat that. Truth is some are better racers than others. And some take P2 boats and run them in P4 to try and compete with them.
Attached Thumbnails SBI Possible Rule Change-ob-air-shot-purpleen.jpg  
Old 03-17-2004, 10:20 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any thoughts on some sort of handicap so there would be larger class and would come down to how fast u can run your particular boat, whether its an huge cat or small single.

rick i believe u,, dont take this wrong i am just using as an example, it was our first time, but my point was simply that in boat racing there has to be a better way to get attendence up participation etc, the fact that we had our boat firewalled the whole time i dont think we lifted once as it was so calm, i was just trying to come up with a way there would be more excitement

this is a program avail for sailing same concept just butt slow,
Description: Program supplied on one disk that is self-installing. The program installs and runs without any problems. The manual is of the highest standards and is an excellent reference source for insights into handicap scoring. The program handles: PHRF, both time-on-distance, and time-on-time (a scratch boat can be entered as well as the method of calculating the time-on-time factor); IMS, fully compatible with the 96' certificate format; Portsmouth, including wind correction factors; IOR, IMOR, Americap and One Design Classes. IMS allows for the use of a "standard scratch boat" or a "real scratch boat". The new for 1997 Americap scoring provides corrected time calculations using both the "A" time-on-time factor and the "B" time-on-distance factor. The factors used depend on the course type selected. The program features a multitude of definable scoring parameters. Scoring methods are easily changed. A permanent master file is created with boat, owner and handicap information. An event can have up to 10 races and have 300 boats. Multiple throw out races can be handled. A selection of tie breaking methods is provided. A multitude of race committee scratch and work sheets, as well as competitor data sheets and result sheets can be selected and printed. A section for printing mailing labels is included. Data entry is organized in an efficient manner, and handling large events is very quick. Options for keeping time by stop watch or time of day are provided, and a full set of various ASCII file formats are supported for importing and exporting data, now including exporting ASCII text files with imbedded html codes and html extension for direct web publishing. The 2001.1 update also brought the program into compliance with the Racing Rules of Sailing 2001-2004. The program provides built in tie breaking routines and testing has verified compliance with the revised Appendix A (by modifying the tie breaking sequence
Old 03-17-2004, 04:21 PM
Registered

I think all of this coversation if very very healthy and I love being questioned.... really I do.

It reminds me of my car racing days. If we left a track on Saturday night and someone did not "protest" us, all that said is we were not fast enough. So it was time to work harder.

Sonic Racing and others should take this "attention" as a compliment. To be honest, I would love a crack at them. There is nothing that feels better than to beat the unbeatable, just ask any member of the 1980 US Olympic Hockey Team.

All I know is that I would love for Jonas to be out racing with us in 2004 and if that means that I change classes, so be it.

Although Jonas I really think you need to talk to Chris Reindl about a boat.

best wishes to all,
Rick
Old 03-17-2004, 05:06 PM
Registered

rick, u are killing me. the bat is a badass boat and i love em but too mucho dinero ithink not rich like u man...
i am meeting with jim in a few minutes and we are going to figure out what to do,,, hmmm
bat, skater. f1, or? i am just getting more confused. as dont want to buy something with no class or anyone to race against. i am used to a grip of 50+ going into turn 1 at sears etc.
later bud...
Old 03-17-2004, 07:18 PM
Registered

Jonas, Have you sold your boat yet?
Old 03-17-2004, 09:29 PM
Registered

its going on trade on a newer one.
Old 03-18-2004, 08:08 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks for all your input guys. We are getting alittle side tracked on the original thread,so if you could please let us know your thoughts on the 30 and under rule for P4,and P5. Tomorrow will be your last chance to be heard. As it looks so far it seems that most of you agree that 30 and under in p4,and p5 would work. We will tally your votes tomorrow plus all the emails and phone calls we've gotten.As it stand now it looks like the majority agrees that a rule needs to be put into affect.

AGAIN THANK YOU ALL YOU HAVE SPOKE AND WE ARE LISTENING
Old 03-18-2004, 08:32 PM
Registered

i think the 30 and under would eliminate alot of boats.
there are alot of people with older non step low hp boats that would be eliminated.
i think to grow the sport which its in dyer need for,, there needs to be a whole new concept,,, and i think, i have an answer,
but i will start a new thread re that
no on 30 and under as would further turn people away.
my 02
Jonas
Old 03-18-2004, 08:53 PM
Registered

I thought the whole concept behind the P classes was that you could run whatever you want..... I contemplated running P-4 for my first few races because I am not comfortable running close to 90mph with 2 new people in the boat. This would be a great way to get some seat time in race conditions, to have some competition yet not be in over my head, and to be another boat out there. Would I get protested in P-4 with the Virgin Gladiator???

Quick Reply: SBI Possible Rule Change

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.