Old 03-18-2004, 11:21 PM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah! What you guys just said...
Old 03-18-2004, 11:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As a long time racer, I believe you cannot put a new rule into effect less than one month before the start of the racing season. You have a rule book already for the 2004 season. You need to change rules well before the start of a new racing year. You will wind up putting some boats who have already have engines in them at a major disadvantage. Not everyone with a larger boat has money to blow on high horsepower engines just to win a $5.00 trophy.
Everytime you change a rule such as this, you will lose some boats. As an example, some years ago we were racing A thru E classes. The single engine A class guys were complaining that they couldn't compete with the small block twin engine boats. So what happened? They changed the rule to make A class a single engine class and instead of having 15 boats show up in A class the nexy year, we had 3. Great idea hah?
Leave the classes as they are or we will start to destroy this production class that was started as run what you brung. The idea of this class of racing is to go out and have some fun. Stop being so serious and just race and stop whining. Lets Race Guys and Girls
Old 03-19-2004, 08:02 AM
Gold Member

Get a Poll going on this issue
Old 03-19-2004, 08:04 AM
Registered

Although I have stated differently before, I believe no changes should be made.

Leave it alone and race.
Old 03-19-2004, 08:24 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with Rick and after the race you all can come down into my kitchen on The Flying Condo and have a Salami and Mozz Hero with some beautiful roasted peppers and sun dried tomatoes, olive oil and a nice glass of Italian wine, Jersey Boyz Style!
Old 03-19-2004, 08:37 AM
VIP Member

Default All I want to know??????????????

Do I get to race with Frankie? In P-3? Hold on to your lu
g nutz.

Rule changes dont effect me, however there are boats that have already been powered for this season. And quite a few boats that raced in the past are coming back with the intention of racing with OPA and SBI, We have supported our southern friends but by having different class rules is going to eliminated some of these boats from competition, Had the changes been addressed earlier, they could have adjusted their power. A little late in the game to change the classes. Especially since all the P4 boats that ran SBI last year where over 30 ft. Also in your poll......how many are actually registered to race? Only registered racers should have a say. The boyz up North are growing in #'s and have run with SBI. There are 12 boat in P4 That are over 30 ft some of which are single engines. Could never compete in P3. Keep the classes the same for all racing associations and the class will grow. Change it now and you will loose the momentum. The problem has always been changing rules from day to day a little stability is in order. Smitty

Last edited by Wazzup Racing; 03-19-2004 at 09:11 AM.
Old 03-19-2004, 09:27 AM
Registered

I was wondering if this proposed rule change has anything to do with self-interest. I mean what size boat does F1-00 race? mmmmmmmmm I wonder? Is it 30 ft. and under?
Old 03-19-2004, 05:25 PM
LOBSTERBOY

Originally posted by irace
I was wondering if this proposed rule change has anything to do with self-interest. I mean what size boat does F1-00 race? mmmmmmmmm I wonder? Is it 30 ft. and under?

Touchez!!!

Old 03-19-2004, 05:59 PM
KiloKat
VIP Member

Originally posted by Robert Geoghegan
Pantera,
I think it would also help if all organizations had the same bracketing rules
In the interest of unification, I think it would be best if all organizations had the same rules period!

Quick Reply: SBI Possible Rule Change

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.