One Big Race Just for the Fans >

One Big Race Just for the Fans

Notices

One Big Race Just for the Fans

Old 05-05-2004, 07:54 PM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jcap

I know it's a way off, but plan on this one. The place is out of control. Call me we'll hook up together. Already have 6 of the Boyz boats going. Smitty 732 920 3945
Old 05-05-2004, 08:06 PM
Registered

Well done Smitty.
Old 05-05-2004, 08:51 PM
TeamTaboo
VIP Member

Team Taboo is coming back P3-7
Old 05-05-2004, 10:14 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Mark Mathews
This is a great idea Gregg/Smitty!

However, it defeats the purpose to do it at the same time ANY sanctioning body has a scheduled race. If it's a scheduled SBI Venue, you can bet a lot of APBA and OSS boats won't show. APBA Venue, same thing. SBI Venue, same thing. Offering this "unified race" at an SBI location is generous, but it will never happen. Same thing happened by APBA offering St. Cloud as a test drive for a $200 one race equipment fee (don't quote me on the $$ amount).

The racers have to Unify with NO SANCTIONING BODIES putting their name on it. No sanctioning body wins. And better yet, no sanctioning body looses. Once that is done (and that's a big task) then the various sanctioning bodies could donate their safety crews, etc. to the race with strict rules governing display of graphics, etc. to keep it a "Independent" race.

If that's what you had in mind, then I'm all for it.

The next task is aligning the classes so everyone has a place to race. P Class rules would be especially tough.

This could work if ALL!!!!!! ego's are left at the door. NO controlling Sanctioning Body, NO Boycott's, and commitment from ALL racers to race.

Perhaps a Chairman could be nominated by the participating teams and voted on. The Chairman would keep it fair. I would nominate David Scott as he races both SBI & APBA. David is a true Ambassador in my mind.
Make it an OPA race, neutral ground!! AC is a great venue or bring it back to Point. Entry fees only as long as you belong to a sanctioning body. We'd love to have all the boats here in NJ again. Big water and the boyz will insure the big fun!!!

Smitty, you could make it happen, I bet someone would even write a book about.
Old 05-05-2004, 10:21 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Mark,
Great idea but think about what you are saying and how it would possible work. You have to have a sanction body for points,rules,refs,medical,and the big thing INSURANCE. Your idea of no sanction body wouldn't work,who would you suggest pays for the INSURANCE and signs theirs name on the dotted line. God forbid something happens I know I don't want to be that person,maybe you would like to. Truly think about what you are saying. SBI and OSS are racing together for the Worlds and it doesn't seem to be a problem,why would OB be any different. The only reason it won't happen is if the racers don't want it to. The rule in all the clubs are almost parrell so thats not going to work stop anyone. We can keep make reasons why not,lets make reasons why we should. Nothing is impossible just somethings are hard to do when others and I don't think that scares any of the teams I know. We are crazy enough to put our lives on the line for a $5 dollar trophy ever time we get in a boat,this should be a piece of cake. To the rest of you guys keep the positive input coming thats what makes us all brothers no matter where we race.

Frank
"koolhand"
Old 05-05-2004, 10:53 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Smitty, Frank,
Do you think SBI could do a single event fee similar to what APBA offered at St. Cloud? This would make it more appealing for some who normally don't race with SBI to give it a try. It would also encourage participation from other sanctioning bodies. I know of a small P5 boat from Jersey that would love to race in Orange Beach.
I also like Mr. Velocity's idea of OPA hosting a "Unification Event" in AC or Point Pleasant.
BOB G.

Last edited by Fast Shafts; 05-05-2004 at 10:55 PM.
Old 05-05-2004, 10:59 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

SBI already has a single event program in affect,always has and all are welcome.If anyone has any questions please feel free to call me and I'll be more then happy to try and anwser any of your questions.
The Manufactors Prodution class is growing and we are alsways looking for more boats. I know alot of boats still aren't ready yet,but we are looking foward to see you all very soon.

Frank
321 693-0023
Old 05-05-2004, 11:09 PM
Registered

If you guys are all serious we will try to raise the dollars and work with the egos to make it happen and I know several racers from all organizations that would love to do it for the sport and its fans.Gary
Old 05-06-2004, 06:06 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I was thinking the same thing as Mr. Velocity, make it OPA, Pt. Pleasant or AC, that would be as neutral as could be and true offshore racing.
Old 05-06-2004, 06:32 AM
Registered

these things may be possible in 2005 one step at a time slow down and chill out take care of your local races first show promotors you can put a group toghter and then move on from there throw those me me me egos away and you may get a surprising response good luck in n,j. the rest of 2004

Quick Reply: One Big Race Just for the Fans

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.