Notices

To The Permit Posse

Old 06-22-2004, 10:25 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: To The Permit Posse

Originally Posted by Peconic
Phantom1 doesn't race, doesn't have a boat. And he would like everybody to do just the same.
1.) I have more races under my belt than you and Tom Abrams combined.
2.) I own two boats, thank you.
3.) I have followed offshore for over 15 years and have seen the good, the bad and the ugly. You have been on the scene, what, maybe 15 months? Now you think you are the solution to all of offshore problems? Amazing-
Old 06-22-2004, 11:18 AM
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ok I need to say something now. As an admited non-racer, but huge fan of offshore boats and racing. As well as someone who owns a computer and loves this site, I must ask.

Peconic what is your agenda or reasoning behind all the hatefull and derogatory things you must continuously bring up againg certain organizations and people? Is it to just see how many people you can alienate yourself from? To see if you can help keep this form of racing fractured? The whole vibe I get from you seems to be always a negative one.

This type of thing would be a good time for you to follow my mothers(and I would also guess yours).. "If you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all"
Old 06-22-2004, 06:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just reporting facts here folks, no agenda implied whatsoever.

Today:

The Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation withdrew from any and all Sarasota Offshore Showdown association or events.

Two more Race Committee members resigned.

From what I have been told directly, the above actions were taken due to total frustration with certain (NOT ALL) members of "leadership" of the SOS group. Words or phrases such as "no preparation, lack of organization, no leadership", were used frequently. Some said worse but I personally do not want to go there. Again, this is not coming from me, this is all coming from those who removed themselves from this event. All I am doing is reporting factual truths. I will offer no personal opinion.

There will be more.

In my opinion, from all appearances, I doubt very seriously the race scheduled for Aug. 27 - 29th will happen.
Old 06-23-2004, 10:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Formula Outlaw
Just reporting facts here folks, no agenda implied whatsoever.

Today:

The Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation withdrew from any and all Sarasota Offshore Showdown association or events.

Two more Race Committee members resigned.

From what I have been told directly, the above actions were taken due to total frustration with certain (NOT ALL) members of "leadership" of the SOS group. Words or phrases such as "no preparation, lack of organization, no leadership", were used frequently. Some said worse but I personally do not want to go there. Again, this is not coming from me, this is all coming from those who removed themselves from this event. All I am doing is reporting factual truths. I will offer no personal opinion.

There will be more.

In my opinion, from all appearances, I doubt very seriously the race scheduled for Aug. 27 - 29th will happen.
Thats what I like ,good reliable hear say
Old 06-23-2004, 10:53 AM
Registered

All I am doing is reporting factual truths. I will offer no personal opinion.
You might want to edit your post a little Now who should I believe, you...or you?

Last edited by ScottB; 06-23-2004 at 12:57 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-23-2004, 11:30 AM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by KLAATU
What is he/she talking about? the joint effort on the 4th,the poker run that got cancelled,apba sarasota or what ?I have res-for the 4th ! hope it.s not that one . He!! with it I am going any way .
===============

I think he is talking about the August race.

I refuse to cancel my reservations for the Hyatt for Friday thru Sunday July 2-4)..
I need a break from this rumor mongoring and people bashing..
Old 06-23-2004, 12:43 PM
Banned

I know Formula Outlaw personally. He has no agenda, and has been involved in organizing for many races and poker runs in the Sarastota area. He just loves performance boating as all of us do. He's just giving you a head's up. If anyone has any knowledge to the contrary, please post it, otherwise, I'd take Russ's opinion to the bank.
Old 06-23-2004, 12:46 PM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ScottB
Now who should I believe, you...or you?
It's the voices. They're ignoring him, and answering him, or are they answering each other?
Just tell the voices to remain calm, all is well...
Old 06-23-2004, 12:57 PM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok, all joking aside, and preferrably leaving all "opinion" aside, can he provide facts as to exactly what "leadership" of the SOS group is in question here? Do you know for fact that the the "Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation" has indeed have pulled out of the event? What reason did they offer as to why they would pull out of the event?
The individuals who you said "removed themselves from the event", do they have some kind of personal ax to grind against the event, or the leadership in charge of the event?
Old 06-23-2004, 08:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by KLAATU
Shane thanx I did not want to cut my vacation short.( Not a slam but who is formula outlaw ?)never seen him before.I don't think he was starting trouble as much as telling us all trouble was coming .
THANK YOU KLAATU, that is ALL I'm trying to do, is warn people that there "is trouble in River City" my friends.

In my post I offered "no opinion" on what was going on. I just stated facts people, not theories or stories, or make believe. At the end I did state that because of all that has happened I personally do not believe a race will take place, in August, as the post clearly states.

I support Offshore Racing and Offshore Powerboating, period. I don't take sides.

I support and help out in any way I can for the July 4th Suncoast Offshore Grand Prix. I am a member of the Board of Directors for the Suncoast Offshore Racing Association, one of the three groups that produces the Suncoast Offshore Grand Prix.

I supported, helped produced, last years Sarasota Offshore Showdown as Chairman of the tow/patrol/turn boat committee and co- chair of the Driver's Sponsor Party for the race. I was the "Course Captain". This past May 15th I produced the SOS Spring Poker Run benefitting JDRF and PAL. I resigned all positions with SOS last Friday evening, June 18th due to "philosophical differences" with two members of the BOD of the Sarasota Offshore Showdown.

I also am a member of the OPBA Board of Directors.

I have emails of all Race Committee resignations with reasons stated why. I have an email of Sara Rankin, Executive Director, pulling JDRF from the SOS.
I have purposely not slammed anyone and will not slam anyone. I have no "agenda". I am ONLY interested in keeping OSO up to date on an unfortunate situation. With regards to heresay or rumors, I'd say that since I have the exact letters of resignation from every single person that has resigned, and why, I'd like to think that would be considered a little more concrete than "me spreading rumors".

I'm certainly not making any comparison here, but I didn't want this August race to turn into the Key West fiasco that hurt so many people last year.

Anyone interested in seeing these emails for themselves, send me your email address and I will gladly forward it to you.

I am not trying to start trouble. I am trying to stop it.
Attached Files
File Type: doc
JDRFwithdraws.doc (77.5 KB, 72 views)

Last edited by Formula Outlaw; 06-23-2004 at 09:18 PM.

Quick Reply: To The Permit Posse

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.