Brick OPA Results

Old 06-29-2004, 04:45 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Talking Re: Brick OPA Results

Tom,

You guys certainly have heart.

I thought it was anyones race when all four Panteras lined up before turn 1.

Now it's a race between you and Bruce to see who gets their boat back to gether first.

We may not make it to AC to race, but I'll be there as a .....spectator.

Good luck to all you guys

PS-Bruce why don't you just throw a #6 on and be done with it??
Old 06-29-2004, 04:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Brick OPA Results

I will probably blow up a #6 too. You guys better race AC!!!! No excuses

Remember if it cant be broken...Bruce can break it
Old 06-29-2004, 08:42 PM
Registered

We had a great time....typical NJ water....boats delaminated, broke bulkheads and just about every team came limping in with something broke. I am looking foward to A.C. and hopefully a new way to fix the GPS debockle... see everyone soon
Old 06-29-2004, 08:49 PM
Registered

Q,
I say strap them to a bow rail so no tampering can happen you know they don't like metal or metal tape. My boat should be done next week and ready to reinstall the cockpit. I will be ready!
JIm
Old 06-29-2004, 08:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Qball
We had a great time....typical NJ water....boats delaminated, broke bulkheads and just about every team came limping in with something broke. I am looking foward to A.C. and hopefully a new way to fix the GPS debockle... see everyone soon
Dont need a new way to fix the GPS. its simple....use a system that works and that has already been proven. PERIOD. I think the teams should be told what their GPS or avg lap speeds were. I must say that I was very dissapointed by the way it was handled. If there were eroneous readings on the GPS, then all times should have been tossed in the garbage and gone by avg lap speed. I hope that it will be better in AC.
Old 06-29-2004, 09:24 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 50 Likes on 24 Posts
Talking Re: Brick OPA Results

Originally Posted by Qball
We had a great time....typical NJ water....boats delaminated, broke bulkheads and just about every team came limping in with something broke.
This keeps up, I may just consider doing glass work again....

I may have to change my screen name to "Plastic Surgeon"...

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 06-29-2004, 10:13 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Bruce, you should just go ahead and find a good mechanic/boatbuilder and put him/her on the payroll!!
All kidding aside, you have to have the boat ready for AC!

John, tell Jerry to have a talk with the new baby and explain that he/she needs to be born a few days early, and understand that daddy has boat race on the 17th and that he really needs to compete in!!

I hadn't even relized there was a problem with the GPSs. We didn't really hang around long after the race. After a short stop over at the dry pits, we all went back to Nicki's uncle house, got packed up, stopped for a sandwich and then got on the road. My head didn't hit the pillow until almost 3AM as it was! Man, Bobby and I were sure draggin last night when we pulled the motor out of the boat! Well, I have a couple of days to rest up before I get the parts back from the machine shop and put the whole thing back together again!
I kind of wondered how the GPSs worked out? John had mentioned that Kurt was a little testy when he brought the GPS back once we got back to the dry pits! We found it kind of odd that Kurt would ask us why we didn't turn it back in out on the course!! I suppose we could have brought that up to the Sea Tow guy!!
I for one thought the pick up on the course was a good plan. Considering that this was the first time we did it this way, it seemed as though everyone was able to pick up the GPS without any trouble!

Last edited by TomR; 06-29-2004 at 10:24 PM.
Old 06-30-2004, 06:41 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with Bruce in post#25. John, Jerry...I have your life-vest, that for letting us use it for our sponsor. We will lock it with our's in Smitty's closet at the marina.
Old 06-30-2004, 07:23 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 50 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by BRUCE SEROFF
Dont need a new way to fix the GPS. its simple....use a system that works and that has already been proven. PERIOD. I think the teams should be told what their GPS or avg lap speeds were. I must say that I was very dissapointed by the way it was handled. If there were eroneous readings on the GPS, then all times should have been tossed in the garbage and gone by avg lap speed. I hope that it will be better in AC.
Am I mistaken, but weren't a couple of people being hired to run all the lap times through a computer based system?

Or did that get tossed?

I agree with you too Bruce. Everyone should be given their times and speeds for each lap if they are available.
It can help many racers set their boats up even more. You can also learn just how hard you will be able to run your boat...

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 06-30-2004, 08:13 AM
Registered

There was a computer program set up for avg lap speeds. I thought the speeds would have been posted by now. I dont know why they werent'.

Once again, I must say that APBA has a system that works. I think we should follow suit. GPS should be set at Zero and placed in our boats at the wet pits. They should be removed at the end of the race back in the wetpits and immediately shown to the teams and competitors as witnesses. And signed off by both.

Quick Reply: Brick OPA Results

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.