Notices

Brick OPA Results

Old 07-01-2004, 04:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Brick OPA Results

Hyper1...Your way of racing is Old School. Weight, CI, Size ect ect. Is A Class B Class and so on. That isnt gonna happen here in the forseeable future. If your boat is capable of 95 mph in optimum conditions, it may only hit 90 in race conditions. Hell Wazzup is capable of more than 90 also. But hes too small to jump up to P-2. So, he elected to set the boat up so it runs 90 Max. There is nothing shameful about that. Add some weight, Prop down, Drives deeper in the water. Whatever.

I think your just afraid that Wazzup is gonna whoop on ya. Cmon out and show us what you got. I'de love to see ya whoop on him. But, I guess we will never know cause your too proud to race P-3.

Later
Old 07-01-2004, 04:23 PM
TeamRelentless

very well put bruce...in other words put up or shut up!
Stroker

Old 07-01-2004, 05:42 PM
Registered

I spoke with the powers that be today and I think you will see a dramatic improvement in A/C.
Old 07-01-2004, 06:34 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Just have two starts with 15 boats in each class. Forget prize money and entry money. If this is truely for just fun, you will have your bragging rights on who you beat on the course. You know who you are racing thats conpetitive with you. Hell you might take down someone you didnt think you had a chance to beat. Let Kirt keep the sponsor money to run the show but us as the racers dont pay to be in it!
MD
Old 07-01-2004, 06:41 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Not a bad idea Mad Dog! Just plain old street racing....I mean ocean racing!!
Old 07-01-2004, 06:49 PM
Registered

Sorry Maddog... I disagree. We are talking about Racing not Poker running.
Old 07-01-2004, 07:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Qball
Sorry Maddog... I disagree. We are talking about Racing not Poker running.
DOH!!!!
Old 07-01-2004, 10:50 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Looking at it from the other side, I'm thrilled that we don't have to tech inspect engines. That's a pain and it takes a dedicated crew to catch people. And even then, someone will say your cheating.

This is racing on a budget (yeah right), you can build your own motors and run any drive package, the only stipulation is the speed that you run during the race. This allows anything from an SOB (single OB) to a Supercat a place to race in just five competitive classes.

If the racers are having fun and feel they all have a chance at a trophy, and the fans are enjoying the show, what's missing?
Old 07-02-2004, 08:32 AM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Seriously, I agree with Ron.
The bottom line is we have five classes to fit a lot of different boats! We have the basic rules of each class and a max speed to have some degree of fairness, that you can not exceed during the race! The bottom line is we all either know this before we get involved or learn ( as we did last summer) that you need to set up your boat to be the best for that particular class!!
Using the GPSs is a great improvement, and now having run one race with them the officials know what they need to fix to have it work the way that they had planned.

Ron, there is nothing economical about ANY type of boat racing!! It's just a matter of how much $$ you can burn!! The less $$ you have, the more resourceful you have to be!!

The bottom line is we go out to have fun. I think that the OPA is doing a great job at what they set out to do! Nobody is perfect, and you are always going to have people that are not happy!

The crew of "Sonic Boom Racing" is just plain happy to be able to race with OPA!!
Old 07-02-2004, 08:52 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Tom, You da man!

Quick Reply: Brick OPA Results

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.