Notices

Brick OPA Results

Old 07-03-2004, 08:58 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 50 Likes on 24 Posts
Exclamation Re: Brick OPA Results

Originally Posted by Rob M
Instead of offering "spec" classes like SOB which had 0 participants.
Rob,

I don't know if you followed the entire SOB saga over the winter, but many agreed this would be a "Truely affordable entry level class".

Yes I would have like to see someone show up, but with last minute changes on "Graduations" and other last minute things that occured, it made things a bit difficult for this race.

If you did not follow what went on, the SOB's wanted a separate race. The OPA has offered to do that. The separate race events will not happen until the Phila. & Md races and as long as there are enough boats to warrant it. The OPA offered them as well if they wanted to come and join in on the fun, that they could come and run with everyone else in the rough water races, but would be restricted to P-5 Class Speeds. The separate race events however there would be no restriction on speed for the SOBs.
So, whether the SOBs chose to wait out till later in the season for the calm water races with unrestricted speeds "Real Racing w/Similar Equipment" or they are just not prepared yet? It's anyone's guess.

Let's not suggest after one event to throw away the SOB idea and modify it to 25 ft and under including any type power...

Give it a season trial as was promised. If no participation continues, then scrap it after the World Championships in Key West.

Until then, leave the SOB rules as they stand......

Thank you!

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 07-03-2004, 09:17 AM
TeamRelentless

Default Re: Brick OPA Results

all rules should stay the same for now..if these issues were such a big deal then they should have been dealt with bak in december at the opa meeting for this reason to discuss what us the racers wanted....now what we had discussed is now how we r racing this season nothing is goin to change right now so everyone stop complaining keep your thoughts in ur head for next yr to make it better and just go out and race and have fun...this is the **** that makes racing not fun and gives people a headache...instead of worrying bout what the rules sohould be so u can fit ur boat into a class y not do what we r doin get stoked for the upcoming ac race and think about how u can set the boat up differently if u have a rough or calm race....much more enjoyable that way
stroker

Old 07-03-2004, 09:42 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Originally Posted by SMYTH1
24 footers are too small to be in the ocean.
I disagree....

They are racing 24' SOB's overseas all the time....

Why should the United States be any different?

Besides, in the past, they always ran them in A-Class and F-Class with no problems until the inboards dominated them all the time.....

Relentless, Right on!!!!

Let's get pumped for AC!!!!

Old 07-03-2004, 09:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ernie....there are no issues here. We all want GPS. The problem is the way in which they are being used. (improperly) I dont know why we keep beating a dead horse. OPA needs to get the system working properly. Thats all. Half ass doesnt work. If need be, I'll shelf my boat and volunteer to handle the GPS if OPA is too lazy to do it

I get the feeling that OPA wants it to fail so the racers decide not to use it.

There are only a few cry babies out there that are moaning about boats being in the wrong class. There are 4 28 Panteras in P-5 and, at least one of them will always win against the smaller (notice I didnt say slower) Boats.

We saw what happened to the Smaller Faster boats last year in the rough in Point Pleasant. They had us beat until they got into some nasty water. We overtook them there and they never recovered.

Smyth1 .....P2???? .....GOOD LUCK
Old 07-03-2004, 02:15 PM
TeamRelentless

bruce, not to start and argument but i disagree and think u r out of line opa are making changes for the next race everyone has heard what we have all said and it is being put into motion no way to find out except on the 18th of july so beating a dead horse is what we r doin....all requests i belive will be met...1st time for everything and noone nor any organization is perfect so lets just wait to see what happens...

raynman
u r right about the motion it is a 136 mph boat but understand that my boat is capable of over 120 as well so it is about acceleration and how u set the boat up he will have an advantage on the whole class in a rough water race....but i am not complainin cause u know what its another boat on the course i dont do this to win i do it cause i love being out there and i know that if i was a spectator the more boats on the course the more i would enjoy it and if there is a 40 supercat out there that would sure as hell catch my eye...so all in all it doesnt matter who i am racing if i am at the top of my class or not i go have fun on the course and off the course thats y i am there....sorry if u all feel different i guess maybe thats y P1 is such a qiet class and has no complaints...we wnjoy it no matter what....last yr there wasnt even a limit it was 100mph--- and up noone was *****in last yr...they just decided to put a limit on it for whatever reason but it had nothing to do with anyone complaining....but i am sorry i have nothing more to say...everyone can continue to dispute this but i am not goin to let this take the enjoyment out of it for myself....
stroker

Old 07-03-2004, 04:00 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Can we all agree to at least use "spellcheck"??
Old 07-03-2004, 05:19 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Robert,
What's wrong with my spelling?

Retentless,
Well if the rules were made in December shouldn't they apply in July. Top speed 115 mph. Sure that has nothing to do with me but rules are rules. Was the 115 mph cap a safety/insurance thing?
Old 07-03-2004, 06:52 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Originally Posted by raynman
Was the 115 mph cap a safety/insurance thing?
I think it was an Insurance thing.....Insuring that the SUPER BOATS from OSS would not show up in AC...

J/K....

Old 07-03-2004, 08:00 PM
TeamRelentless

all i can say is bring em all we want as much competition as possible i dont care how much faster they are then us its still more boats which brings more of a crwod aand means better parties!! it is what it is noone complains in p1 so we will leave it that way...i am pretty good friends with jay muller who owns the supercat i love runnin against him so i encourage him to come and race with us and any ofhis supercat friends....but if u see different sorry...come out and race in p1 if u would like to dispute the rules ( that was a general statement not directed towards anyone) but until people in our class start complaining....it will stay how it is we r happy thanx see u all in ac

stroker

Old 07-04-2004, 10:14 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Re: Brick OPA Results

Question,
Why wouldnt OPA want to have the OSS race teams at any of there events,and if they did not want them what was the reasoning on Kirt and company for not wanting them there as Sharkey stated.

Quick Reply: Brick OPA Results

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.