Notices

To all: Concerning OPA Cambridge Race

Old 09-29-2004, 01:45 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: To all: Concerning OPA Cambridge Race

Originally Posted by Relentless01
This is Ernie Jr. of The Relentless Race Team, i am having trouble renewing my membership so i emailed my team mate dave and he kindly posted this through his name on here. I have a few brief things to say, i appologize if this offends anyone but i myself am very offended by the sportsmanship from many of my fellow racers and friends. Many people do not know what goes into puttin on a race as i dont know fully for myself but i do know a small portion and i want to let u all know that if it wasnt for Kurt doin things he has done this yr we would have not race the first three races of the opa circuit.. but i am sure none of u knew that... too worried about *****ing and moaning about yourselves and what not....realize this ...opa is an association based on bracket racing...now to me that is one of the hardest things to regulate....too many formulas goin into it end resulting in possible problems and guess what that is goin to happen noone nor any organization is perfect i am sorry but thats the truth....if u want to race in a more serious environment with more $$$ and a different regiment then go ahead and buy urself a supercat or supervee or one of the lights and race with oss, from what i hear its a great association...but i for one can tell u this...the comrodery in opa is of none other...i will back Kurt up in anything he does, hes just like us human and he may make a mistake and also u should know that mistakes behind the scene that are not always made by kurt and are sometime out of his hands...i know that at any given time kurt will do what he can to accomodate any fellow racer..maybe its that hes too nice but you know what that is the way that we have become to know him and have expected him to be...dont look a gift horse in the mouth..he runs a great show and i commend him for everything he does...I am so surprised at many of you who i had believe u were much more mature than what u really are..i have learned alot about many of my fellow racers this past weekend...takes sometime but true colors will shine through....and not for nothing but the issue with kurt racing two different boats in two different classes is way out of line...kurt decided to run a boat in P4 with his son for the first time...being a father and son race team i can vouche for the feeling it gives u to do something like this and have my father sitting next to me...for someone to tell him that hes wrong in running another boat in a diff class to add another boat to the field and to enjoy what i have with my father is complete bull****...there was no harm done and if ur concern was that he was a little late getting to the awards i dont think u all minded being they were serving free beer from what i heard...

I need to address that if it wasnt for Kurt and his staff at the shop alot of times we wouldnt have made races...I will stand by his motors till the end...and if i am not mistaken those bandit racing engines put on a pretty damn good show the past two races especially at cambridge...we had a ignition problem thats what put us out of the race..but i can say that i wouldnt turn to anyone else to build a motor for the boat that i race in...Kurt if u read this i thank you tremendously...

With this said i am in awe of what has happened and i can only wish that things will be better in the future but with some of the attitudes i see its very doubtful

Ernie Jr. "stroker"

THATS A BIG DITTO FOR ME ALSO, STROKER !!!!!!!!!

WARPAINT RACE TEAM
Bandit Race Engines

Last edited by Apache041; 09-29-2004 at 01:48 PM.
Old 09-29-2004, 03:54 PM
TeamRelentless

Default Re: To all: Concerning OPA Cambridge Race

Thanx Sharkey much appreciated....
Apache thats good to hear..
Stroker