Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
P class Key West Pits >

P class Key West Pits

Notices

P class Key West Pits

Old 11-05-2004, 05:54 PM
LarryD

Default Re: P class Key West Pits

I don't think they know what they are gettting into mark ;turner's OL is a bad ride indeed whats he have in that like 1200 sterlings I think

Old 11-05-2004, 09:45 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trust me, the Bad Boy can hang with Harry speed wise. It would be interesting to see how a 42OL vs a 38BB handles the rough water.

Also expect to see the 47 Apache Firewater in P2.
Old 11-05-2004, 09:50 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Re: P class Key West Pits

With the speeds that we have all seen,these guys should be running in P1,and then they would be in the correct class.
Old 11-05-2004, 09:53 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Remember, this is average lap speed. A 99 mph average lap speed for either of these boats would be hard to achieve.
Old 11-05-2004, 10:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 1HYPER1
With the speeds that we have all seen,these guys should be running in P1,and then they would be in the correct class.
What is with you? who are you anyway? You have so much to say. Right or wrong ,if your gonna voice your opinion, its only fair to know who you are.
Old 11-05-2004, 11:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

P2 would seem right for those boats... I have heard that a few P3 boats were running 103mph on radar in Camden. I guess you just gotta reach up to the tach and turn the rev limiter up sometimes, or turn it down........
Old 11-05-2004, 11:07 PM
Registered

Prior post from 1Hyper1 on this very subject.....

"The radar gun was on my boat and you defenetly were over your speed,on more than just one lap,so was Kurt,at one time we saw Kurts boat at more than 106 mph,and he only received a penalty/bogus,I think that Mark and Bill in the Wanted boat deserved the checkerd flag,they did not break out and they never will running in the same class as you guys,this is just proof that P class racing will never be the way to go because you have guys running in the wrong classes/period.The only way it will work is if you limit the length,weight,cubic inch,spec carbs and exhaust and have single and twin engine classes this is the only way to keep it fair and have an inspection process that controls it,if not it will only stay the way it is more about the partying than the racing and we can all party at home for alot less money,so if we want to be treated like a professional motor sport we have to become more and act more professional or just be happy to be a sport that is not taken seriously."
Old 11-06-2004, 09:15 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, but the Camden race that is reffered to in the post was a little "loose" since there was no prize money and no points on the line-everybody turned it up a little. The Wanted guys ran great but were holding to GPS speed so they looked a lot slower.
Old 11-06-2004, 11:41 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Mark Mathews
It's only average for SBI races right? Isn't OPA a TOP speed, GPS Governed bracket?
I'm only speaking about the upcoming race in Key West.
Old 11-06-2004, 05:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by insptech
Yes, but the Camden race that is reffered to in the post was a little "loose" since there was no prize money and no points on the line-everybody turned it up a little. The Wanted guys ran great but were holding to GPS speed so they looked a lot slower.
I thought that the big complaint was that you cant prop or rev limit a boat down to run a slower class.... you need to run at or near max speed. If you have a boat that is capable 100mph speed then run the appropriate class or dont ***** when its 8 footers and I want to run my 46 Skater in P4!!

Quick Reply: P class Key West Pits

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.