Florida-Vote "NO" on Amendment 3 >

Florida-Vote "NO" on Amendment 3

Notices

Florida-Vote "NO" on Amendment 3

Old 11-02-2004, 01:15 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Florida-Vote "NO" on Amendment 3

need everyone's help in Florida....Vote "No" on Amendment 3....it is a deceptive way to preclude accountability for doctors......
Old 11-02-2004, 01:39 PM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Florida-Vote "NO" on Amendment 3

Explain? Sounds to me like the lawyers get less, patient gets more if you vote yes.
You a lawyer?
Old 11-02-2004, 03:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DanB
Explain? Sounds to me like the lawyers get less, patient gets more if you vote yes.
You a lawyer?

what hes saying is that if u vote yes noone is getting anything because doctors wont be liable for cutting off the wrong leg, for leaving instruments inside someones body......etc...get the picture.....its not about lawyers or patients its about dr.'s not having to accept the responsibility for destroying someone life because of negligence.........so vote "no" on ammendment "3"

if u visited a dr and something went wrong where u couldnt walk for the rest of your life..would u like politicians to tell you that ur walking is only worth a maximum of 250 thousand for the rest of ur life..and u could never again get any money because of that injury.....hmm i think me walking is worth alot more than 250,000...thats just one example..so play it smart....vote no on ammendment 3
Old 11-02-2004, 05:22 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DanB
You a lawyer?
Dan,

Yes I am a lawyer, and I represent those injured as a result of medical negligence. You could say that as a Plaintiff's medical malpractice lawyer I am biased, and I would certainly understand your concern. The fact is that your question exemplifies the deception in this Amendment which was proposed by the medical community. At first blush it would appear that the intent was to give the bulk of the recovery to the injured plaintiff, rather than the attorney (who receives either 1/3 or 40% of the recovery now). And if you believe that that is the true concern of the physicians then you unfortunately are not informed enough about the intent behind this Amendment. The true intent is to financially preclude a lawsuit from being commenced against a negligent doctor who injures or maims a patient because the costs of bringing such a lawsuit are usually well into the tens of thousands, and sometimes into the hundreds of thousands of dollars, and no lawyer could justify undertaking such a case and fronting such costs where there is extremely limited financial recovery for the lawyer. Thus, no lawsuits for medical negligence, thus no accountability for the negligent doctor, thus no compensation AT ALL for the injured patient. Unfortunately, those patients injured the most severely would suffer the greatest loss. And the doctors laugh all the way to the bank. I urge everyone to be very careful about voting on this dangerous amendment.