Notices

Let's Clear up Randys Confusion

Old 11-29-2004, 12:26 PM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Let's Clear up Randys Confusion

Gentlemen,
Phantom1 has brought out some great "black n white" info that certainly applies to this thread, (and others). It does seem that a few are trying to start a "witch hunt" where APBA gets blasted for doing exactly what they are supposed to do, are expected to do, and their members pay them to do. It is no secret that you need to be a member of APBA to gain U.I.M. recognition. and EVERY racer knows who and what the U.I.M. is. If they wanted to allow the APBA / UIM to inspect their boats, and I'm sure they would have, they would have won the title all the way around. Remember, some of those engines were dyno, inspected and sealed, some were not. That being said, We all saw those who crossed the finish line first. I think the sportsmanship among the racers and teams was incredible, regardless of sanctioning body. Why would a small handful of people try to tarnish that?
I too would like to echo the sentiments of Trent, Augie, Smitty, Mike, 1Hyper1 and Dennis.
In fact I felt that Trent's post was worth bring back.
Read what Trent (F1-00) and Mike (Phantom1) posted.
Then fix yourselves a leftover turkey sammich!
Originally Posted by F1-00 Racing
"Guys, do we not have common sense? Can we not figure out that the article on APBA's website was for the UIM's benefit? If you paid your fees to them, you know that part of those fees went to pay for the UIM fee, part went to APBA Detroit, and the balance went to APBA offshore. UIM has had there annual banquet or what ever they call it for 15-20 years now. Do we just expect them to up and cancel it? No, they shouldnt and those teams that paid there moneies should get their acholades. They know when they look in the mirror, who the real champions are. I myself if I had raced would have been in P5 in this race and if I were to recieve another award from somewhere else, I would go and recieve on behalf of Al and Scott and then mail the trophy to them, because they truly deserve it. They knew the rules, followed them and won fair and square.
On the OSS home page there is an article that states that they are the "Premier offshore tour", hell Elaine even got up at the drivers meeting and took credit for putting the race together and thanked JC, Pops and Spotswood for their help. Last I checked SBI had 40 something registered boats, APBA with 30 something, and OSS brought in the rear with 20 something. Sounds real "Premier" to me. Its all about PR crap, when will we as the racers quit acting on emotions and use our heads to figure it out. You cant tell me that you havent used big words, or fudged your personal resumes to make yourself look better. Same deal folks.
We all had a great time in KW and I look forward to it again in 05 with everyone, no matter what colors you wear on your sleaves.
Trent"
Old 11-29-2004, 04:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Let's Clear up Randys Confusion

Well said Mike!!!!
Old 11-29-2004, 04:23 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

OK, Thanks for the clairifcation
MD
Old 11-29-2004, 05:21 PM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gordo,

Not trying to stir anything as we have discussed things before and were usually on the same page. As a huge fan/participant in the sport since the age of 5yrs old like many others I just found it disappointing that after seeing who was awarded trophies and so forth at the awards ceremony that others would post different winners and world champions much different then what was awarded at the awards ceremony. I think what most are saying as every organization was there and participated in one union WHY would others post different winners on a different site for the same race? Just seems to be another BLACK EYE for the sport that I love so much.

I remember a company slogan we have at work that should be applied to all of Offshore Racing, "ONE TEAM ONE DIRECTION"

Last edited by DPT MOTORSPORTS; 11-29-2004 at 05:24 PM.
Old 11-30-2004, 10:52 AM
Registered

right on dennis!!!!!!!
Old 11-30-2004, 01:29 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The bottom line is we all made it home SAFE and had a hell of a time in Key West! I'm all for it again next year, same place, same people...maybe a few new teams and we'll have a World Championship Softball Game. I'm really good with a BAT! Come on guys, it's over...like I said, Everyone that raced Key West is a Champ in my eyes. Congrats to EVERYONE. Go-Cart Racing Anyone?
Old 11-30-2004, 01:52 PM
packinair

Augie can i bring Martha she wan'ts to go

Old 11-30-2004, 08:26 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 50 Likes on 24 Posts

After all the threads on this, I think it may be very clear to him now....

Randy, I agree with you!

Anyway.....here is what it looks like on paper:

SBI's Info.............................................. .... .................APBA's Info

Key West World Champions......................................... .....APBA/UIM Champions

Superboat Unlimited.........Bacardi Silver............................Bacardi Silver
Superboat Cat ...................Pro Marine................................Pro Marine
Superboat Vee Unlimited...Rio Roses..................................Rio Roses
Superboat Vee...................Rodriguez Group Fountain........Lightning Strikes
Superboat Vee Limited......Wild Ride..................................Extreme Vortec
Superboat Limited Cat.......In Mocean ................................Team CRC
Superboat Stock ................Mapei
Factory 2 ...........................JBS Racing............................... JBS Racing
Factory 1 ...........................Team SB Ballard Construction..SB Ballard Construction
Manufacturer Prod. 1.........Lightning Jacks
Manufacturer Prod. 2.........Sony.................................... . ....TKO/Obsession
Manufacturer Prod. 3........ Wazzup......................................Fortre ss
Manufacturer Prod. 4.........Herbott Swipes Racing ..............Herbott Racing
Manufacturer Prod .5..........Kean University Cougars............High Priorty

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 11-30-2004, 11:12 PM
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Augie Pensa
The bottom line is we all made it home SAFE and had a hell of a time in Key West! I'm all for it again next year, same place, same people...maybe a few new teams and we'll have a World Championship Softball Game. I'm really good with a BAT! ?

I`m in for the softball game, Augie you will be SBI`S manager.