Notices

Unification

Old 12-15-2004, 08:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Unification

I also agree with Bruce, I was racing with him at that Daytona race in 03 WOW that was something to see and memories to last forever. My problem is I would love to pick and choose my races with each organization, but the cost to register with each one is to expensive, why cant there just be the two big powers APBA and SBI all others race under one of their flags. Aren't insurance rates cheaper with bigger membership?
Old 12-15-2004, 08:26 PM
Registered

Also as far as race sites I think OPA has some of the best and most desirable ones scheduled... Atlantic City...Point Pleasant... Cambridge MD... and now Cape Cod and Camden.... If OPA would add 3 or 4 Florida races to this list and then the Worlds in Key West....as Emril would say BAM

Last edited by lukiepal; 12-15-2004 at 08:30 PM.
Old 12-15-2004, 09:46 PM
Registered

Hi Gino.......the answer to your question....yes

dont stay out too late...
Old 12-16-2004, 06:47 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Gino,
Some very good points...

Frank
"Koolhand"
Old 12-16-2004, 09:21 AM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gino,

I really think what 1HYPER1 meant is that if everyone was at least on the same page as far rules and so forth it would be better for the sport. There really needs to be cooperation just on rule books for all the different organizations. For example most of the Pro Series classes are pretty close to being the same through out but could use a little tweaking so racers are not short handed if they chose to run with a different organization that weekend. P class needs to be the same with all the different organizations. Either make it "Average Lap Speed" or "Overall Top Speed measured by a GPS".

Also it would be great if all could agree on one thing, that being no matter who races with what sanctioning body or where everyone meets up at the end of the Season to determine the World Champion. The fact is it is not a World Championship unless everyone is there. Now I know you raced in Key West and I am sure you would love to do that again with all the racing bodies but so far it does not look like that is going to happen with other sanctioning bodies already publicizing there Worlds some where else then Key West next year.

Basically what it comes down to and everyone should read this and understand this!!!!!! DO IT FOR THE SPORT AND NOT FOR THE $$$$S OR YOUR OWN AGENDAS!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-16-2004, 09:32 AM
RMS Super V #2

To suggest that we boycott anything or "stay on the trailer" is exactly how we got into the situation we are in, I find it incredible that anyone could even suggest it.

2005 will be a great year for Offshore Racing. I expect an impressive number of new boats, stronger promotion form all of the Sanctioning Bodies will breed a more far- reaching awareness of what we are doing, wider Fan Participation will be a side effect of that.

Sponsors will have the flexibility of selecting very precise Geographic targets depending on where their Teams are racing.

There are three different Series Platforms being offered to Racers, as a Racer, I think that makes me fortunate to have so many choices.

We should give the Unification thing a rest. For sure it is not happening this year, and I really don't see an undercurrent of effort to make it happen any time soon. There is no sane argument against more boats in every class racing together..... we all agree on that I think, but we all want to win the Lottery as well, we don't stay up nights being dissapointed that we didn'tt.

Gregg Reichman

Old 12-16-2004, 09:39 AM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gregg,

I think you may be correct with giving an overall unification a rest but as all of you as racers sure demand a unified World Championship again. That was by far one of the best World Championships I have ever been to or participated in with a Team. Anyone who can not see this is really missing the BOAT!!!!!!
Old 12-16-2004, 11:13 AM
Registered

There is nothing at all positive about having three national sanctioning bodies for offshore powerboat racing.It looks like there will be many less than spectacular races in 2005 if things dont change, and that should not be accepted.The CART vs IRL battle for control of indy car racing is a perfect example of how a once great motorsport has been destroyed by personal agendas and egos.As far as the racers trying to solve the problems; Roger Penske could not even get CART and IRL together!The end result: the owners,drivers,
manufacturers,sponsors,and fans of indy car racing are fed up and gravitating toward NASCAR.The greatest race in all of motorsports;the Indianapolis 500, is now just a shadow of what it used to be, because many of the top indy car drivers dont even participate because of the CART vs IRL issues.Attendance at CART and IRL races continues to decline;mostly due to the small fields of cars, as does the television ratings.
Old 12-16-2004, 01:30 PM
Registered

Mark,
I dont really know what it would take to make complete unification happen...but a good start would be for at least SBI and APBA to race together at all of thier events, not just a few.Both organizations have some excellent race sites, why not develop a series based on supporting the race sites that best support the organizations and race teams?
Big events mean a bigger return on thier investment for the promoters and the communities.Races with alot of boats bring alot more value and deserve more $upport.
SBI/APBA seemed to work well together in 2004;they should take it to the next level in 2005.Just my opinion.
Old 12-16-2004, 01:45 PM
Registered

DPT.....I guess thats my point....the Super Series guys are prepairing for 2005....they know whats out there and they can decided whats best for them.....as far as one World Championship.....I have know problem going to Ft. Myers and race for the APBA/UIM World Championship and then to Key West for the SBI/OSS Worlds.....Would it be great if we all ran under one race for the Worlds...Yes....but for 2005 they have made a decision....We the racers just need to decide on whats best of each team and there sponsors...Personnally I don't see any racers out hear taking the blame for a lot of the problems we have now...Some Organiztions opened the door to the racers to deside and make the rules for there class and the racers couldn't even agree and they are just as responsable for killing some of the class's as anybody....The Organizations today have a vision that they feel is the right move and I think today they all have a open door to hear the racers to make things better...But the point I made was there is a lot of fighting about P class and how it should be run....How about how it was ment to be run from the beginning..."RUN WHAT YOU BRUNG" and have fun and see if this is what you want to pursue...if it is put a package together and go to Manufacture and show them why they should assist you in racing in a Pro-Series in his boat.....I'm not trying to be a smart ass...but its how a perfessional race team is run in any sport.....But at the same time its nice to have P Class to just come out and have fun......

Hey Bruce...just got in...Damm dog locked me out last night and slept on my bed...I got him back this morning...I ate his dog food in front of him....2 can play this game...
Bruce you have been around racing for awhile and your well known out there and have been sucsessful...I would thing with the mark you have made P class if you came up with some idea's how you would campaign a Manufarures boat and what you could do for them..you would be suprised on what some of the offers would be.....and there are alot of you guys running P class that would be very compeditive in a Super Series class.....You ever seen a big dog try to jump over a tall fence...with his legs fighting trying to get over.... Maybe your leash was just cought..and now your over.....Look at it this way....if a Prarie Dog can jump over....Well I'll just leave it there.....
Good Luck either way

Last edited by MANITIE; 12-17-2004 at 07:27 PM.

Quick Reply: Unification

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.