Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
Where are the Factory Teams in Factory 1? >

Where are the Factory Teams in Factory 1?

Notices

Where are the Factory Teams in Factory 1?

Old 01-09-2005, 09:12 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Where are the Factory Teams in Factory 1?

Gino,
I couldn't of said it better,but we did have fun and like you said they are fast.
We finally got our boat to run the best it every did the last few year and that was only after years of different set up and hundreds of hours of seat time. It would handle well in 3-4 but bigger then that and it was a handful again.
Would be interesting to see how the 29 would run with the 496 package,it should be fast. I would guess to say it would be 78-79 at 4500 lbs race weight.

Frank
"koolhand"
Old 01-10-2005, 08:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Formula is now represented, as read in another thread.....

Herbott Racing F1, 29 Fastech.

Its starting to look like next year will be interesting. Has anyone run the 29 Fastech in the past or any Formula in Factory 1, how did they do? I appreciate the info posted on the 29 Fountain, hope to see someone pick-up that boat and run this year.

Brian
Old 01-10-2005, 11:04 PM
Registered

Dont know how it will run but Formula builds a heel of a boat,I'm sure once its dialed in they will be just fine.

Frank
"Koolhand"
Old 01-10-2005, 11:12 PM
Registered

I think the target speeds for the F1 class will be about 74-76 MPH to be competitive.The weight is a good weight at 4500 lbs. I would have like to of seen it a little liter but its a good start and we will see where it goes from there.I'm sure there will be a few boats slower and a few boat faster but I think the sweet spot will be 75 MPH. That should make for some good safe racing....

Frank
"Koolhand"
Old 01-11-2005, 03:43 PM
Registered

Faster Daddy,
I know in 2000 a Formula ran F1 and in 2001 1 or 2 raced in F1...they did OK but were not up front....it was a 29 and from what I hear a little heavy....a good rough water boat. In 2003 and 2004 I don't remember any F1 Formula's...I believe that they make a 27 also..that would be a good F1 boat with the 496...I'm suprised that their is not going to be more Formula's out there this year in F1...There Manufacture had been sponsoring races and class's for years and do alot for Offshore racing...I would think that would be a great manufacture to contact for a deal on one of there boats in return to race F1. Keith will do good in a Formula...he knows the boats and has a good rapport with Formula.
Old 01-11-2005, 07:33 PM
Registered

manitie. any time you wount to go for a ride let me know . i know a 29 fountain will handel the rough water . it comes down to driver and t man i.v got a flats skiff 16 f/t and run in the atlantic all the time. it depends on how you handle the boat . robbie
Old 01-11-2005, 07:46 PM
Registered

Not too many people can run and handle a boat like Manitie (APBA HALL OF CHAMPIONS INDUCTEE) Since he owns and raced a 29 Fountain in F1, if he says it is not good in the rough, i WOULD TAKE THAT TO THE BANK.
Old 01-11-2005, 07:55 PM
Registered

Hey Robbie,

Do you know someone who has a Fountain F1....If you want I will be more then happy to go for a ride on one...or even do a poker run....if I get to throttle it....you can drive.....I have about 24 or 25 races in a F1 Fountain....and I know of 6 or 7 F1 Foutain racers...like Mitch M and Benny R. I seen them in Buffalo in 2000..fast till it got into the open water...you need to ask Mitch how that ride was....the days of the F1 Fountains winning in the big stuff have changed since 2001...the Activator can run nose into swells and not bow stear or slow down...in 2002 some boats are running 80 + in 3 to 4 foot seas....some F1 boats are even passing F2 boats in some races over the years....
Just wondering...do you race and do I know you....

Gino

Last edited by MANITIE; 01-11-2005 at 08:01 PM.
Old 01-11-2005, 07:57 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fountain1fan
manitie. any time you wount to go for a ride let me know . i know a 29 fountain will handel the rough water . it comes down to driver and t man i.v got a flats skiff 16 f/t and run in the atlantic all the time. it depends on how you handle the boat . robbie
Gino would have you crying under your bolster in the rough stuff. Do a little research on him before you question his knowledge.
Old 01-12-2005, 05:55 PM
Registered

i was wrong. i'm sorry , i doint race but if you are ever in nc coast i'll be glad to take youfor a ride . but i warn you i'll scar the hell out of you!

Quick Reply: Where are the Factory Teams in Factory 1?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.