Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boat Club Forums > Grand Lake/LOTO/E-Dock
It's official--E Dock, THE place to be!! >

It's official--E Dock, THE place to be!!

Notices

It's official--E Dock, THE place to be!!

Old 06-27-2005, 02:40 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: It's official--E Dock the place to be!!

Originally Posted by EvilTwin
Hey guys, don't mean to interrupt your conversation, but I have a few questions to ask. I am assuming most of your boating is done on Grand Lake. How big is the lake and is it deep and safe for a new comer to run it? Should I have someone local with me for awhile? I have an opportunity to relocate from NY to an area close to Fort Smith, Arkansas. I think it is only a few hours to Grand Lake (may be less depending on where I actually purchase). How far of a tow is it from Grand lake to LOTO? I take it to be roughly 4 hrs. (?)

Thanks

Chris

You are pretty accurate in your drive times.
Grand Lake lake is over 26 miles long, has over 1300 miles of shoreline about 60000 acres of water and being man made very little shallow water or submerged hazards, max depth is well over 100'. Most GPS have good nav chips for the lake and there is a chart book available at most local marinas.
Old 06-27-2005, 02:53 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by P Offshore
You are pretty accurate in your drive times.
Grand Lake lake is over 26 miles long, has over 1300 miles of shoreline about 60000 acres of water and being man made very little shallow water or submerged hazards, max depth is well over 100'. Most GPS have good nav chips for the lake and there is a chart book available at most local marinas.

Thanks. The lake I live on is about 26 miles long and about 6 miles wide at the widest point so the lakes are roughly same size. It appears you have more "high performance" boats than we do. I would like to hook up with a few of you and get the lay of the land (water ) so to speak. I take it the lake has some nice places to stop for some food and entertainment? Are there many places that people meet up and relax (like a party cove) on Grand Lake? I am not looking for anything as wild or big, but it would be nice to meet up with some like minded people. I don't have a big Cat like some of you, but would you mind a V-hull running with you all. It is a 2002 38 Top Gun w/575's. Thanks again for the info. I just am looking at my options and would like to know what I would be "moving into".

Thanks.

Chris
Old 06-27-2005, 03:09 PM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 422 Likes on 133 Posts

Plenty of places with like minded people. Most of the lake is V-bottoms, and it sounds like you have a sweet one! I am sure any or all of us will be more than happy to show you the ropes. I hope you don't mind running with an old Bravo butt Resin bucket
Old 06-27-2005, 03:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by WARPARTY36
Plenty of places with like minded people. Most of the lake is V-bottoms, and it sounds like you have a sweet one! I am sure any or all of us will be more than happy to show you the ropes. I hope you don't mind running with an old Bravo butt Resin bucket

I run with all boats. They all get you on the water. I hope to be down that way in a few weeks. I may take a drive around there and see some of the sights. Thanks for the offer. How are the law enforcement with noise and speed, etc...? Here they are very good with them. With common sense they let you do as you wish. Be stupid and they will clamp down on you. I have had nothing but good to say about the guys patroling our lake. Here is my ride.
Attached Thumbnails It's official--E Dock, THE place to be!!-cockpit.jpg  

Last edited by EvilTwin; 08-15-2007 at 02:12 PM.
Old 06-27-2005, 03:35 PM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 422 Likes on 133 Posts

She sure is pretty. Law enforcement is great. We have never had problems with them. Like you said common sense goes a long way. We don't have speed or noise restrictions during the day, and 90db & 35 mph at night.

Twin Step Gun

Typical hanging out

My go-cart motors
I used to think these were cool until I've been around all of these big HP cat's
Attached Thumbnails It's official--E Dock, THE place to be!!-roughneck.jpg   It's official--E Dock, THE place to be!!-beer.jpg   It's official--E Dock, THE place to be!!-apacheengine.jpg  

Old 06-27-2005, 03:46 PM
Registered

That looks like my kind of place! Hhmmm, maybe the move could be worth it.

Last edited by EvilTwin; 08-15-2007 at 02:11 PM.
Old 06-27-2005, 04:30 PM
Registered

Hey Evil Twin - Can you boat from Late April thru October in NY? This is the typical season here in the "mid-coast" region....
Old 06-27-2005, 05:25 PM
Registered

Wink Re: It's official--E Dock the place to be!!

Only one question, then we can do some boating....
Are you a ......yang-kee?? And would you be willin' to change??
Attached Thumbnails It's official--E Dock, THE place to be!!-dsc01295.jpe  
Old 06-27-2005, 05:41 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

delo, your boat looked great in the poker run saturday, nathan really knows how to hammer those sticks.....

or maybe not......

Last edited by Sean H; 06-27-2005 at 05:49 PM.
Old 06-27-2005, 06:34 PM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by EvilTwin
Are there many places that people meet up and relax (like a party cove) on Grand Lake?
www.gldrippingsprings.com

Quick Reply: It's official--E Dock, THE place to be!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.