Notices

crash at grand?

Old 07-31-2006, 12:47 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: crash at grand?

I hope this ends well and that the hit and run creep is caught.

The no nav light issue is beginning to piss me off. In the past month I bet I have come accross 20 fishing boats running just an anchor light and have their nav lights off. Someone is going to get hurt doing this.
Old 07-31-2006, 12:48 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like they found the boat. Doesn't say what it was.

Grove (AP) - The boat believed involved in an accident on Grand Lake that left a Georgia man missing has been found by the Grand River Dam Authority.

Lake Patrol Chief Bruce Smith says the boat collided with another boat about 2 a-m yesterday and Murray McGarver was thrown overboard near Drowning Creek.

The G-R-D-A says the boat left the scene and was found this morning but the driver has not been located.

The driver of the boat on which McGarver was riding, Jason Bandy of Tulsa, was taken by helicopter to a Tulsa hospital. Two other passengers in the boat were not injured.
Old 08-01-2006, 08:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stories on at 10:00

Search Continues For Missing Man In Grand Lake Boating Accident
KOTV - 8/1/2006 5:26 PM - Updated: 8/1/2006 5:27 PM
There are new developments in a fatal boating accident on Grand Lake that injured one man and left another one missing.

The accident happened around 2 AM Sunday in Drowning Creek cove when two boats collided. An Oklahoma City man witnessed the accident. He said he saw the two boats bobble and realized something wasn't right.

Ken Chambers: "I traveled back out to the boat that was nearest me, with my light I could see obvious damage at the rear of the boat. There were three persons in the boat. They informed me that one was very injured and that one had gone overboard into the water."

The victim thrown from the boat, Murray McGarvey, from Georgia, is still missing. The injured man was identified as Jason Bandy of Tulsa.

Authorities say the other boat never stopped, but the owner has now been identified as John Special from Stillwater
Old 08-01-2006, 08:27 PM
Registered

I heard the boat that hit them was located in Stillwater according to my brother-in-law.
Old 08-12-2006, 10:37 PM
Registered

That is some weak chit not stopping to help, get a rope, hang em high.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:50 AM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 422 Likes on 133 Posts

I heard the authorities questioned Mr. Special but did not arrest him yet, and he is now in old Mexico
Old 08-14-2006, 09:44 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

May be he is buying a large amount of tequila for the shoot out.
Old 08-14-2006, 02:31 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They recovered the body.

http://www.ktul.com/news/stories/0806/352659.html

Grove - The Grand River Dam Authority Lake Patrol has recovered the body of a man who has been missing since being knocked into the water late last month.

Officials say the body of 35-year-old Murray McGarvey of Georgia was recovered Monday morning near the Drowning Creek arm of Grand Lake. McGarvey's body was located by a helicopter pilot.

McGarvey went missing on July 30th after a boating accident. The boat he was a passenger in collided with another boat. McGarvey was in the back of the vessel and was knocked into the water.

Another man, Jason Bandy of Tulsa, was injured in the collision.

Officials say the operator of the other boat left the scene. He was later identified as John Special of Stillwater. No charges have been filed in the case.

Lake Patrol Chief Bruce Smith says McGarvey's body has been turned over to the state medical examiner's office.
Old 10-02-2006, 09:47 AM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 422 Likes on 133 Posts

http://2worksforyou.com/news/stories/fatal.shtml

update
Old 10-02-2006, 01:48 PM
Registered

Oops! Just as I suspected, they left Cherokee after the power outage. If they would have stayed at the club a little while longer this could have been avoided.

Last edited by Spine Tingler; 10-02-2006 at 01:50 PM.

Quick Reply: crash at grand?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.