4th Annual Lake of the Ozarks Shootout Poker Run >

4th Annual Lake of the Ozarks Shootout Poker Run

Notices

4th Annual Lake of the Ozarks Shootout Poker Run

Old 08-07-2008, 09:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 44MTI
As Buck and Von Bongo stated this is a 6-7 yr tradition for many of us, so no real reason to pay for a poker run anyone is welcome to come run with us and have a really good time on the cheap.

Just to put this Cheap thing into perspective!!!!

Your going to burn the Gas Anyways Right???

Your Probably going to eat Dinner right for you and your other half. $30

So what you get in the poker run for $125 that is supporting the Shootout and Rescue teams is

2 Dinners
2 Event T-shirts
Poker Run DVD
2 Poker Hands to Win Some great Prizes and Cash

Seems you will spend as much or more on the Fun Run all while not supporting the shootout organization.

This poker run is not expensive for what you are getting!
Old 08-07-2008, 10:13 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gsmith9898
Cheap? Did you make it to big dicks last year?
Didn't cost me a dime, besides drinks. Does that mean you want to see who gets there first?
Old 08-07-2008, 10:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 30 Outlaw

So what you get in the poker run for $125 that is supporting the Shootout and Rescue teams is

2 Dinners
2 Event T-shirts
Poker Run DVD

Seems you will spend as much or more on the Fun Run all while not supporting the shootout organization.

I NEVER said your run was expensive. I just explained to someone that I know, that I have been doing this run with friends for yrs before you came along.
As for your break down on $$. I can afford to buy dinner and shirts from where ever I chose.
Apparently you don't get the reason most of us do Poker Runs. It isn't about the food, the goodies or the chance to win a little $$. It is all aboout running our boats with our friends and having a good time. Which is why I was telling Gary about the fun run with my friends.
I do about 12 runs a yr all over the country with my friends. I had planned on doing your runs at LOTO next yr. But if this the way you want to treat people, then maybe I will look at some other runs as there are plenty to chose from.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:31 AM
A to Z
Platinum Member

2 Dinners
2 Event T-shirts
Poker Run DVD

Should be interesting with one of your card stops being Dog Days. Dog Days will be full/reserved again for the fun run participants hardware. And all the dock reservations are going to the Hope House charity. Hope your runners can find a spot to tie up.

One thing is for sure though, it will rain Friday morning.
Attached Thumbnails 4th Annual Lake of the Ozarks Shootout Poker Run-dscf3226.jpg   4th Annual Lake of the Ozarks Shootout Poker Run-dscf3232.jpg  
Old 08-07-2008, 10:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sean H

One thing is for sure though, it will rain Friday morning.
Isn't that the truth, Can't you do something about that.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:55 AM
Registered

2 Dinners
2 Event T-shirts
Poker Run DVD

I agree that this is not an expensive poker run, but how much of that $125 will actually go to support the charity? I suspect a majority of the money will end up in a for profit business rather than the charity. In the case of the donation that 44MTI will make for the slip for Friday night, I believe 100% will go to charity and that will be more money to charity than if he did the poker run.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:58 AM
Registered

I'm gonna have a poker run too!!!
Should be leaving friday morning before the rain... right outside of Dog Days, just make check for $115 out to Delo poker run 2008.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 44MTI
I NEVER said your run was expensive. I just explained to someone that I know, that I have been doing this run with friends for yrs before you came along.
As for your break down on $$. I can afford to buy dinner and shirts from where ever I chose.
Apparently you don't get the reason most of us do Poker Runs. It isn't about the food, the goodies or the chance to win a little $$. It is all aboout running our boats with our friends and having a good time. Which is why I was telling Gary about the fun run with my friends.
I do about 12 runs a yr all over the country with my friends. I had planned on doing your runs at LOTO next yr. But if this the way you want to treat people, then maybe I will look at some other runs as there are plenty to chose from.

I appologize if this came out wrong as that was not the way it was intended. I never insinuated that anyone did not have the money to put toward it nor would I.

I was simply trying to show what you were getting for the Dollar being spent!

A ton of money as you know because you do these runs goes into things like Dinner/Band/Shirts/Helicopter/Insurance etc etc.

If you were the one trying to help organize this run to help benefit the Shootout and the organizations the same as in the past then you would understand the frustration of others that have in the past and currently on other forums trying to organize a "Fun Runs" of what seems just out of spite of the Poker Run itself making comments like why do the poker run when we can just do a Fun Run.

Last year several people called after the Poker Run that choose to attend these Fun Runs asking if they could purchase DVD and Helicopter footage because they were filmed or shot by the Helicopter etc.

So they choose not to support the Run and the organization, but still wanted to purchase these items coming through the back door.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by E Dock DD
I agree that this is not an expensive poker run, but how much of that $125 will actually go to support the charity? I suspect a majority of the money will end up in a for profit business rather than the charity. In the case of the donation that 44MTI will make for the slip for Friday night, I believe 100% will go to charity and that will be more money to charity than if he did the poker run.

All the money past expenses will go to the charity. Every year it raises about $3,000 past expenses and I assume it will do the same this year.

Its easy to say you gave 100% when you do not have expenses like Insurance/Helicopters/T-shirts/Video/Band etc.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:27 PM
Registered

All the money past expenses will go to the charity. Every year it raises about $3,000 past expenses and I assume it will do the same this year.

Its easy to say you gave 100% when you do not have expenses like Insurance/Helicopters/T-shirts/Video/Band etc.
If you are getting that much to the charity with only a $125 entry fee your are doing good at keeping the expenses down. I congratulate you on that. I have a thorn in my side when people say the money goes to charity and only 20% or so goes to charity. Keep up the good work.

Quick Reply: 4th Annual Lake of the Ozarks Shootout Poker Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.