4th Annual Lake of the Ozarks Shootout Poker Run >

4th Annual Lake of the Ozarks Shootout Poker Run

Notices

4th Annual Lake of the Ozarks Shootout Poker Run

Old 08-07-2008, 03:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by E Dock DD
If you are getting that much to the charity with only a $125 entry fee your are doing good at keeping the expenses down. I congratulate you on that. I have a thorn in my side when people say the money goes to charity and only 20% or so goes to charity. Keep up the good work.

The goal with the sponsors and doing everything Big was to keep the entry fee down which as you can see we are doing.

I understand your point!

We will donate that amount of money atleast on top of a great run and cover our expenses or I will pull it out of my pocket.

The idea is not to pull it out of my pocket, but I have commited to making this work for everyone. The registrants, the charity and the shootout!

First 20% of Poker Hands before Payout goes to charity and then any additional funds past expenses goes in as well.

We are also going to have some cool raffle prizes where the money raised goes to the charity as it has in the past!

If everything works out the way it should our goal is to donate at the end of the day $3,000 to $5,000 back and still put on a great run
Old 08-07-2008, 03:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BLee
Wait....

Surely you're not telling me that people called wanting to BUY pics and videos that didn't officially participate in the run, and you turned them away.......
Surely your not saying that is Fair to all the others that paid??

Everyone that participates in the run gets a Copy Included with there registration which is part of the Perk of doing the run and part of the entry fee.

I guess if what your asking is:

Were people able to last year or are they going to be able to purchase Still photo's/Video's and have there boats in the Magazines if they are not part of the poker run?

Yes they can purchase that footage for $125 just like every other registrant did in the cost of the entry!

As for the guy that says.

" I am going to just jump in on the run when they come by and get in the video/Heliocpter footage and thinks they are going to just purchase a video for $25 and skip the rest" No that is not going to happen because that would not be fair to the rest of the registrants that paid to participate and get that feature.

That would be like saying I am going to sneak in the back door to the Movie Theater and bring my own Candy to the show.

This is why we now Mark the Registrant Boats clearly for the Helicopters and delete any that are filmed or photographed that are not in the run.
Old 08-07-2008, 04:35 PM
Registered

If you're doing it for charity, sell the DVD to anyone for $75 to anyone that wants one!! It sure doesn't cost that much to make it....
Old 08-07-2008, 04:36 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 30 Outlaw

" I am going to just jump in on the run when they come by and get in the video/Heliocpter footage and thinks they are going to just purchase a video for $25 and skip the rest" No that is not going to happen because that would not be fair to the rest of the registrants that paid to participate and get that feature.

That would be like saying I am going to sneak in the back door to the Movie Theater and bring my own Candy to the show.

This is why we now Mark the Registrant Boats clearly for the Helicopters and delete any that are filmed or photographed that are not in the run.

I don't believe any of these guys have that intention. They're not looking for a free ride. You will know that if you ever get a chance to meet any of them.

As for getting footage from the helicopter. They can't help it if the chopper decides to follow them over the poker run's entries. If I remember correctly we left Dick's last year heading home when the rain cleared and the chopper chose to follow the boat I was riding in. We didn't ask it to video us. Something tells me they wanted footage of the hardware these guys are running for their archives. I know I would if I were running the chopper.

Bottom line, we like our run. We've been doing it longer than any other side event currently happening at the Shootout that I am aware of. It's part of what makes OSO what it is every year at the Shootout. I'm probably not speaking for myself when I say it's the part of the weekend I look forward to most.

On a lighter note, take the opportunity to meet some of the boys from this forum, you won't regret it. To say they are an awesome group is an understatement.

Peace,

Buck

Last edited by buck183; 08-07-2008 at 04:38 PM.
Old 08-07-2008, 04:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by buck183
I don't believe any of these guys have that intention. They're not looking for a free ride. You will know that if you ever get a chance to meet any of them.

As for getting footage from the helicopter. They can't help it if the chopper decides to follow them over the poker run's entries. If I remember correctly we left Dick's last year heading home when the rain cleared and the chopper chose to follow the boat I was riding in. We didn't ask it to video us. Something tells me they wanted footage of the hardware these guys are running for their archives. I know I would if I were running the chopper.

Bottom line, we like our run. We've been doing it longer than any other side event currently happening at the Shootout that I am aware of. It's part of what makes OSO what it is every year at the Shootout. I'm probably not speaking for myself when I say it's the part of the weekend I look forward to most.

On a lighter note, take the opportunity to meet some of the boys from this forum, you won't regret it. To say they are an awesome group is an understatement.

Peace,

Buck
who do I make this check out to Buck??
Old 08-07-2008, 05:08 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by OU Want Some?!!
who do I make this check out to Buck??
You can put it towards the Goose and Bull you guys have collectively bought for me over the last few years.

Buck
Old 08-07-2008, 07:55 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 809 Likes on 263 Posts

Fork over the parking lot security video of her tazing you after the scream......
Wow, you know me well.

I'm sure there is a tape, but I remember smelling smoke and then I passed out.

And pissed myself.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:11 PM
Registered

believe me the E Dock boys will put well over $3,000 into the local economy that weekend, The fun run goes way back, It started just outside Back Waters cove, and to Big Dick's. Alot of guys I heard did'nt want to run the poker run because If you launched at PB2 ran to coconuts to start run and did the complete poker run , ended back at Coconuts and then headed back to PB2 it will be over 160 miles, In some of these boats thats $1200 in race fuel
Old 08-07-2008, 11:54 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 30 Outlaw
Surely your not saying that is Fair to all the others that paid??

Everyone that participates in the run gets a Copy Included with there registration which is part of the Perk of doing the run and part of the entry fee.

I guess if what your asking is:

Were people able to last year or are they going to be able to purchase Still photo's/Video's and have there boats in the Magazines if they are not part of the poker run?

Yes they can purchase that footage for $125 just like every other registrant did in the cost of the entry!

If only I could express my tone better using text. I am just seeing how the wheels turn with your event. Definitely not taking shots (that aren't alcoholic). All of this group of friends would like to do more loto runs during the season. It's by far the easiest place we travel to all year, and can be one of the most fun.

We're not going to hustle you for pics, or cheat your run. That's totally not our style, and we respect the people that paid for chopper time, etc. We especially respect the people given the thankless job of setting an event like this up.

However, if I called willing to pay money for some pics your helicopter mistakenly took of me on the lake, I would be shocked if you turned away good money using that principal. Hell, charge extra for non participants if you want, but SELL the pics man! What does deleting them do for the charity, or the run? It might make some of those folks sign up next year knowing they can get it all for $125, rather than a few hundred bucks for 4-5 pics, or a DVD with 30 seconds of personal coverage.

I guarantee you if I called Stu Jones wanting a DVD from a run I didn't sign up for, he'd have one in the mail that day if I wanted to buy it. Same with a random pic, why not capitalize on what you would otherwise throw away?

My only point is that you're basically telling the charity that you could have made a few grand more for them, but didn't because the people with the money didn't pay for the tee-shirt and hot dogs. Why turn away "house money"?

Every click of that helicopter camera should sound like a cash register to the event organizers, and especially the charity they're aiming to benefit. $25 for a poker run DVD of damn near ANY quality, is dirt cheap. Sell the outsiders a copy for $100. They were going to the trash anyway, but if you sell 5-10, you've made a big difference for no more work.

just sayin!
Old 08-08-2008, 12:35 AM
Registered

Excellent way to put it BLee. I thought it a little strange when he said they were asking to pay for it and he told them no. It seems to me it would be a good way to add a little additional income for the charity. If the time and footage have been paid for in the expenses, why not use everything you can to add more dough on the charity fund? When you sell it to them, tell them that if they come next year, they can get a whole lot more for their money.

I think 30 Outlaw is more stuck in the mindset that people are somehow trying to ripoff the charity by sneaking in under the helicopter. While there may be a small percentage that do this, I would say most of the boats that found themselves in that position did so unintentionally. Maybe it is different where you come from, but not all boaters are greedy get what you can from who you can when you can types.

Just my $.02, and that's about what it's worth.

If only I could express my tone better using text. I am just seeing how the wheels turn with your event. Definitely not taking shots (that aren't alcoholic). All of this group of friends would like to do more loto runs during the season. It's by far the easiest place we travel to all year, and can be one of the most fun.

We're not going to hustle you for pics, or cheat your run. That's totally not our style, and we respect the people that paid for chopper time, etc. We especially respect the people given the thankless job of setting an event like this up.

However, if I called willing to pay money for some pics your helicopter mistakenly took of me on the lake, I would be shocked if you turned away good money using that principal. Hell, charge extra for non participants if you want, but SELL the pics man! What does deleting them do for the charity, or the run? It might make some of those folks sign up next year knowing they can get it all for $125, rather than a few hundred bucks for 4-5 pics, or a DVD with 30 seconds of personal coverage.

I guarantee you if I called Stu Jones wanting a DVD from a run I didn't sign up for, he'd have one in the mail that day if I wanted to buy it. Same with a random pic, why not capitalize on what you would otherwise throw away?

My only point is that you're basically telling the charity that you could have made a few grand more for them, but didn't because the people with the money didn't pay for the tee-shirt and hot dogs. Why turn away "house money"?

Every click of that helicopter camera should sound like a cash register to the event organizers, and especially the charity they're aiming to benefit. $25 for a poker run DVD of damn near ANY quality, is dirt cheap. Sell the outsiders a copy for $100. They were going to the trash anyway, but if you sell 5-10, you've made a big difference for no more work.

just sayin!

Quick Reply: 4th Annual Lake of the Ozarks Shootout Poker Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.