4th Annual Lake of the Ozarks Shootout Poker Run >

4th Annual Lake of the Ozarks Shootout Poker Run

Notices

4th Annual Lake of the Ozarks Shootout Poker Run

Old 08-08-2008, 07:59 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jayhawk261
Excellent way to put it BLee. I thought it a little strange when he said they were asking to pay for it and he told them no. It seems to me it would be a good way to add a little additional income for the charity. If the time and footage have been paid for in the expenses, why not use everything you can to add more dough on the charity fund? When you sell it to them, tell them that if they come next year, they can get a whole lot more for their money.

I think 30 Outlaw is more stuck in the mindset that people are somehow trying to ripoff the charity by sneaking in under the helicopter. While there may be a small percentage that do this, I would say most of the boats that found themselves in that position did so unintentionally. Maybe it is different where you come from, but not all boaters are greedy get what you can from who you can when you can types.

Just my $.02, and that's about what it's worth.
Jayhawk I think Brandon hit the nail on the head for the right way to handle it. I have been on two of the poker runs that 30 outlaw (powerboatparty.com) puts on and it is a first class run. The thing that I think he and all the groups gotta get frustrated with as I had no idea how many people want to do the run but not pay. At the last run (thunder on the lake) I seen 4 people come up to us on the docks and ask where the stops were because they wanted to do the run. Event staff said they could go ahead and sign them up but than the people declined and said " I don't want the cards, just want to do the run". At a organized event, I don't want any one running next to me in the tripple digits that was not at the drivers meeting. I do the fun run to bigs dicks every year and if I didn't have enough dvd helo coverage of my boat than I would pay the $125 just to enter the poker run, get the sticker and have them send me the dvd of my boat running to bigs dicks along with my two shirts and forget about the other stops, dinner and party.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess I really had no idea that people would actually do that. I wouldn't do that, so I usually try to expect the best out of people. I'm often disappointed.

I'm planning on doing the fun run as well. How many miles from Dog Days to Dick's? I'll take off at the same time as everyone else, but I'll get there about an hour later due to not being a 100mph boat and dealing with the big water! I'll still love every minute though!

Last edited by jayhawk261; 08-08-2008 at 10:43 AM.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:19 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by jayhawk261
I guess I really had no idea that people would actually do that. I wouldn't do that, so I usually try to expect the best out of people. I'm often disappointed.

I'm planning on doing the fun run as well. How many miles from Dog Days to Dick's? I'll take off at the same time as everyone else, but I'll get there about an hour later due to not being a 100mph boat and dealing with the big water! I'll still over every minute though!

It's about 26-27 miles. I've run the cig up there a couple times, and usually leave early so I get to see all the big boys go by at speed. There usually isn't many slips left by the time I get there, but as others have said it's the best part of the weekend. Shoot the minnow!

The chopper also took some pictures of us running last year, and we weren't in the poker run.....gasp.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:44 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by NickOTeen
It's about 26-27 miles. I've run the cig up there a couple times, and usually leave early so I get to see all the big boys go by at speed. There usually isn't many slips left by the time I get there, but as others have said it's the best part of the weekend. Shoot the minnow!

The chopper also took some pictures of us running last year, and we weren't in the poker run.....gasp.
Nick! how could you!

Just kiddin 30 Outlaw! I hope your run turns out to be a success, and sorry for the hijack!
Old 08-08-2008, 04:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by gsmith9898
I don't want any one running next to me in the tripple digits that was not at the drivers meeting. .
You dont have to worry about anyone running "triple digits" next to you for very long! You should be more worried about getting sprayed down when they pass you.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jryan26
You dont have to worry about anyone running "triple digits" next to you for very long! You should be more worried about getting sprayed down when they pass you.
LMAO,
The fun run is about 32miles, we start at dog days 19 mile marker and I believe Big dicks is 51.
Old 08-09-2008, 09:35 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 44MTI
LMAO,
The fun run is about 32miles, we start at dog days 19 mile marker and I believe Big dicks is 51.
47 mile mark
Old 08-11-2008, 03:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by gsmith9898
Jayhawk I think Brandon hit the nail on the head for the right way to handle it. I have been on two of the poker runs that 30 outlaw (powerboatparty.com) puts on and it is a first class run. The thing that I think he and all the groups gotta get frustrated with as I had no idea how many people want to do the run but not pay. At the last run (thunder on the lake) I seen 4 people come up to us on the docks and ask where the stops were because they wanted to do the run. Event staff said they could go ahead and sign them up but than the people declined and said " I don't want the cards, just want to do the run". At a organized event, I don't want any one running next to me in the tripple digits that was not at the drivers meeting. I do the fun run to bigs dicks every year and if I didn't have enough dvd helo coverage of my boat than I would pay the $125 just to enter the poker run, get the sticker and have them send me the dvd of my boat running to bigs dicks along with my two shirts and forget about the other stops, dinner and party.
Sorry for any delayed response. The last couple days have been a little crazy as we just helped organize what I have to say was one of the best events we have done or attended regardless of size all due to the great people behind it.

The attendence was only about 50 Boats, but found it to be some of the best people you could ever meet or become friends with on the water.

This is another Poker Run we did for a child with Cancer

Cody Shoenmann (7) Years old with A rare form of Bone Cancer called Erwings Sarcoma.

We reduced the cost this year like some of our other organized runs hoping for a larger attendence by offsetting things for the attendies etc.

I am happy to say that it looks like the total money raised including donations is reaching over $5,000 for this young man and his Family!!!!!

Liquid Jungle Poker Run in Alma WI

On another note I believe everyone on OSO are great people and I always look forward to meeting new friends along with seeing some of the Cool Boats.

I agree to some extent with the thought of Selling the DVD after the fact helping even raise more money and I am not saying it would be bad, but last year we were selling additional DVD's During and after the event for only $25 which was pre-announced and who knows may have been the problem with some of what happend.

I am also not saying that anyone in this group was a problem, but what you have to understand in our defense to explanation is!

We had a couple dozen calls from people that said they jumped in halfway through got some great footage and now would like to or expect to be able to purchase these for the $25

We also get 10/15 Boats atleast in every poker run that want to be a part, but also want to manipulate the cost or benefit.

gsmith9898 Said it Best!!!!!!!

Last edited by 30 Outlaw; 08-11-2008 at 03:30 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:17 PM
Registered

What time and day is the fun run again?
Old 08-14-2008, 08:10 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bobonthis
What time and day is the fun run again?
Poker run starts at Coconuts Friday Morning around 11 and goes to Big Dicks for the First Stop

You do not have to make all stops to get your cards. You can get all your cards back at Coconuts that night for the Dinner/Awards and Party

Quick Reply: 4th Annual Lake of the Ozarks Shootout Poker Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.