Need to find a dirt bike

Notices

Need to find a dirt bike

Old 10-29-2008, 11:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by masher44
jayhawk just make sure your legs can touch the ground when stopped
You joke about that, but there are a lot of bikes I can't touch the ground on! Good thing they make lowering kits and short seats!
Old 10-29-2008, 11:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by jayhawk261
You joke about that, but there are a lot of bikes I can't touch the ground on! Good thing they make lowering kits and short seats!
I wasnt joking
Old 10-29-2008, 12:14 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As long as they can reach the pegs, you're fine. Look at Ricky Carmichael.

Jayhawk, did you get down to Guthrie to check out the Endurocross? I raced the Vet class. Had a blast. Pretty cool to be able to watch the offroad guys on an indoor course considering that offroad racing isn't too spectator-friendly. I recommend checking it out if it comes back next year.

I also raced Red Bull's Last Man Standing down in Texas the last two years. I'm definitely a hack in a world-class event like that, but way too much fun to resist. To be ABLE to enter is too cool. Doesn't show I'm very smart, but hey, ya live once.

Last edited by Keytime; 10-29-2008 at 12:21 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:16 PM
Registered

Received 693 Likes on 277 Posts

get a quad, bikes are inherintly unstable..imagine having to put your foot down to keep from falling over..thats just not safe..
Old 10-29-2008, 12:26 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by phragle
get a quad, bikes are inherintly unstable..imagine having to put your foot down to keep from falling over..thats just not safe..
Make sure you avoid bicycles and walking as well. Couches are acceptable. Oh, but wear your helmet.

Make sure at least one of you, you or your ride, is inherently stable. lol

Last edited by Keytime; 10-29-2008 at 12:29 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Keytime
As long as they can reach the pegs, you're fine. Look at Ricky Carmichael.

Jayhawk, did you get down to Guthrie to check out the Endurocross? I raced the Vet class. Had a blast. Pretty cool to be able to watch the offroad guys on an indoor course considering that offroad racing isn't too spectator-friendly. I recommend checking it out if it comes back next year.

I also raced Red Bull's Last Man Standing down in Texas the last two years. I'm definitely a hack in a world-class event like that, but way too much fun to resist. To be ABLE to enter is too cool. Doesn't show I'm very smart, but hey, ya live once.
Damn you're ambitious! I just want to ride trails and have some fun. I don't think I'll be doing any racing.

I didn't realize there was a race in Guthrie. If it comes back, I'll have to check it out.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by phragle
I have always seen quads as a little more dangerous. If you screw up going up a hill on a quad, it can roll back on top of you. Ouch! With a bike, throw it to one side and let go. It's all good that way!
Old 10-29-2008, 12:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by masher44
I wasnt joking
I'll just borrow some of your disco platform shoes!
Old 10-29-2008, 12:32 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Damn you're ambitious! I just want to ride trails and have some fun. I don't think I'll be doing any racing.

I didn't realize there was a race in Guthrie. If it comes back, I'll have to check it out.
Oh, so you mean you're a "sensible" rider. I don't relate well to those!

It's all good. Where ya thinking of riding?
Old 10-29-2008, 12:37 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I have always seen quads as a little more dangerous. If you screw up going up a hill on a quad, it can roll back on top of you. Ouch! With a bike, throw it to one side and let go. It's all good that way!
That's the fact, but many don't want to believe it. There's no shortage of ignorance on the subject. That's an entirely different thread on a different forum.

Quick Reply: Need to find a dirt bike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.