Notices

Fall Poker Run

Old 09-05-2005, 09:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Fall Poker Run

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
Thanks, Do you know if the ramp is suitable for a 43' Black Thunder? The ramp can't be to steep or our trailer will bottom out.
Hey Donna,

Just catching up after a looooong weekend on the water. Janet and I are looking forward to seeing everyone next weekend.

I use the Lake Erie Metropark ramp all of the time, it's the only one I'll use aroud here, mostly because no one gives you a rash of crap about power loading. I don't have a choice, and the folks there understand. A lot of other big offshores use this ramp, too.

It's the closest ramp to Ford YC, and is 12 lanes wide, nice big lot, overnights ok. I left my truck and trailer there all 3 days this weekend. Just tell them at the gate you're staying of couple of days. If you have a Metropark sticker, you're all set.

You guys coming in Friday nite? Let me know if you or Ian need anything, this is my back yard.

Who else is coming?

See ya,
Brian

Last edited by p4-33; 09-05-2005 at 10:39 PM.
Old 09-05-2005, 10:07 PM
Registered

Oh, and when heading out into the channel, wait until you're well into deep water before getting up on plane. On the way out, just keep your eyes behind you to make sure you're in line with the channel markers all the way out. Same thing coming back, idle in lined up with the center of the markers off in the distance.

Brian
Old 09-06-2005, 07:23 AM
Registered

Thanks for the info Brian, Ian talked to Rocky and he was looking at some charts last evening on what's the best place to put in. I will make sure he reads this thread. We will be there on Friday and might even take a half day so we can get in at a reasonable time. When are you guys heading over? The weather looks like it will still be in the 80's for the weekend

Boy did we have a great weekend at Kelly's Island There must have been 30 to 40 club member's boats there between Sat-Mon. The sun shone the whole time and the lake coperated for everyones trip back and forth. We have had great summer, I am not looking forward to it ending
Old 09-06-2005, 11:19 AM
Registered

Yeah, what a great weekend. I stayed near home with gas prices like they are. I kept the boat in the water at Elba-Mar Boat Club, and just hung out at Crystal Bay and the Sugar Island cut. Both of those places were hoppin'!

I'm planning on a half-day on Friday, too. Let me know when you guys plan on coming down my way. I'm less than 10 mins from Lake Erie Metropark, and I'd be happy to show you guys around.

Rocky's place is right across the canal from the Metropark launch.

See ya,
Brian
Old 09-06-2005, 12:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by p4-33
I'm planning on a half-day on Friday, too. Let me know when you guys plan on coming down my way. I'm less than 10 mins from Lake Erie Metropark, and I'd be happy to show you guys around.
Rocky's place is right across the canal from the Metropark launch.
See ya,
Brian
Sounds good, I know we plan on eating at the Ford Yacht club on Saturday night. A few people have told me Portafinos is good, I was wondering if we should have an early dinner there on Friday, how far is that from where we will be & is it worth going, if so would you and Janet want to join us. Please PM me your phone numbers, I am assuming we would
be at the ramp around 2 or 3.
Old 09-06-2005, 01:16 PM
Registered

Portofino's is a nice place, good food, decent docks (seawall on a canal). It's about 15 mins (including 5 mins no-wake) north of Ford on the Trenton Channel.

2 or 3 sounds about right for me, too. I'll ask Janet about dinner on Friday, I'm guessing she's game. Check your PM for my number.

Brian
Old 09-06-2005, 03:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by p4-33
Portofino's is a nice place, good food, decent docks (seawall on a canal). It's about 15 mins (including 5 mins no-wake) north of Ford on the Trenton Channel.

2 or 3 sounds about right for me, too. I'll ask Janet about dinner on Friday, I'm guessing she's game. Check your PM for my number.

Brian
I will call you later in the week after I talk to Ian. At the moment I can't talk at all I lost my voice over the weekend, and as you can imagine for me this is quite a hardship
Old 09-07-2005, 09:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's the chance of a slip being available Fri and/or Sat night at Ford YC? Possibly even a room.
Old 09-07-2005, 10:13 PM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts

Go Here and contact Rocky

He is the Event coordinator and will be able to answer your questions
BTW the link is from LEOPA.com if you need a member App. PM me an email address.

Hope this helps
Scott
Old 09-08-2005, 12:54 AM
Registered

Scott,

Dukenrock is a friend of mine. I'm trying to talk him into running with us on his 382 or riding with me. How much would his club dues be? I might pick them up for him if he brings his ride.

And BTW, thanks for covering my back on the other thread. I appreciate it!

I'm trying to talk Fund Razor into coming, too.

Chris

Last edited by RedDog382; 09-08-2005 at 01:01 AM.

Quick Reply: Fall Poker Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.