Sorry Chicken, Hanky is DONE! >

Sorry Chicken, Hanky is DONE!

Notices

Sorry Chicken, Hanky is DONE!

Old 06-19-2008, 01:11 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Todd Hartigh
It is 2-3 miles south of the grand haven pier heads. The link should give you a good idea. There is a map on with a interactive link.

http://www.co.ottawa.mi.us/ParksVI/Parks/rosymound.htm

On a nice day you will see allot of boats anchored out front.
just be sure not to drink on the beach. ticket time.

todd
Old 06-20-2008, 12:54 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Jrider, where in MI are you? I have not seen your profile running around. Tell us about the boat...

No need to worry about the boat, we have a group of about 20 boats that tie togeather every weekend, for the most part they are respectful, it is mostly the younger groups (18-22) that don't have allot of respect.

We have learned that hanky can be as mellow or as wild as you want depending who you tie to. Our group can get wild but, have respect. The only thing I have a problem with (once and a while) is people walking accross my scoops. They can be walked on, but I have stickers that say "NO STEP". Muskegon is fun but not much I candy to watch.

If you have idle problems just burry the drive and tabs and run just off plane, or get some good binoculars. We often look for cops, then run to the bend and idle for a few minutes and look for the cops again. Then we run the rest of the way stopping short of hanky.
Hey Todd,
Im sure we will meet some day or maybe already have. I used to hang @ Hanky quite a lot (on a lot of different boats). You may recall a 28' Eliminator with twin 502s there 2 yrs ago (white w/purple/yellow black graphics). Not my boat, but I was on that pretty much all the time back then. Last year I decided I wanted to get out of the Tunnel outboard stuff and the 280 Profile (by sheer chance) went up for sale about a mile south of my place in Lansing. 3 days later it was mine.

Its got a 575sci single with a few small mods . I will post some pics when I get on my own computer. I had it 87 on GPS in bad conditions with 4 people on board. and the speedo was actually fairly accurate. That being said I am confident I hit 92 last year on the limiter. Picked up a new lab finished 34 this year and would like to hit high 90s. It is good to have dreams...we will see???

Do you know Nate and Brandon with the Fountain Fever (27 or 29)?
Old 06-20-2008, 12:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is 2-3 miles south of the grand haven pier heads. The link should give you a good idea. There is a map on with a interactive link.

http://www.co.ottawa.mi.us/ParksVI/Parks/rosymound.htm

On a nice day you will see allot of boats anchored out front.
Thanks the Todds

Any real issues in getting there that a novice to the shoreline should know about?
Old 06-20-2008, 01:08 PM
Registered

Default Fat Cat

I usually end up on Torch lake on the weekends instead of the big lake. FAT CAT
Attached Thumbnails Sorry Chicken, Hanky is DONE!-dsc00388rsz.jpg   Sorry Chicken, Hanky is DONE!-dsc00290rsz.jpg  
Old 06-20-2008, 02:08 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

dreamer

are you going out this weekend??

todd
Old 06-20-2008, 06:36 PM
Registered

Jrider, we have met a few times I think. First up at hardy then in the pank a few times. Advantage, Black/white checkered all around the back with scoops and the drives hanging a mile off the back.

Where has the eliminater been? I thing we saw him only one time last year.

I like your boat! The red is in just the right spots...it looks cleeean!

Dreamer, open waters, so your all set. We were going to head there sun., but it looks like the water temp took a nose dive again. Oh well...maybe next weekend.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:03 PM
Registered

I am going to be there Sunday Todd. From around 11am to 4pm. Gotta get the boy back to his moms by 6 in Big Rapids. Probably drag the kids for a few on Spring Lake, then see if I cant find Rosy Mounds now that I know where the hell it is :lol:
Old 06-20-2008, 08:06 PM
Registered

Received 1,250 Likes on 605 Posts

Midnight you get that Ford timed in yet???

JRider, nice ride you got there. I remember seeing it and talking to ya in the Pank last year. I talked to Brandon 2 weeks ago in the Pank, he's got a nice 27 fountain I think with a Procharger.

Chicken you going to be out in the Pank tomorrow? I should have the 2nd engine done theis week Jim should have my last head ported and assembled by Tuesday.

Jason
Old 06-21-2008, 12:34 AM
Registered

Rookie, Of course!!!!

So looks like me wiring by wend./thurs? About time that see's some water...

See you tomorrow...Are you driving ciny & joe's or do you need a ride?
Old 06-21-2008, 07:21 AM
Registered

Jrider, we have met a few times I think. First up at hardy then in the pank a few times. Advantage, Black/white checkered all around the back with scoops and the drives hanging a mile off the back.

Where has the eliminater been? I thing we saw him only one time last year.

I like your boat! The red is in just the right spots...it looks cleeean!

Dreamer, open waters, so your all set. We were going to head there sun., but it looks like the water temp took a nose dive again. Oh well...maybe next weekend.
Todd, I remember the boat (hard to miss scoops) and I am sure I would recognize you in person. All those weekends get a little foggy if you know what I mean.

My bud Dave (previous owner) sold the Eliminater 2 yrs ago and ordered a 32ft Force cat (which he has not received yet...loonnnnggg story). I think a guy in the GR area bought the Elim.. I think they use it up @ Indian river and I saw him @ hardy also.

Thanks for the compliments on the boat. Now if I can get enuf time off work to use the damn thing! I may be out in GH possibly hanky today weather dependent. I will look for ya, I will be on a white 26 Velocity Thouroughbred with maroon stripe. Stop bye I will buy you a beer.

Quick Reply: Sorry Chicken, Hanky is DONE!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.