Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Great Lakes and Canada
what to do in Mich july 4th week ? >

what to do in Mich july 4th week ?

Notices

what to do in Mich july 4th week ?

Old 06-26-2008, 03:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like it is going to be a good time up there. Be careful and as always....have fun.
Old 06-26-2008, 04:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine
That makes 2 of us. I will getting up late wed and leaving sun and partying all 3 days
DITTO!
Old 06-26-2008, 07:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by twin whackas
Sounds like it is going to be a good time up there. Be careful and as always....have fun.

Hey Cuz you need to get off your tail and come up, I am sure we have some room for ya our cabin!

Last edited by Magic Medicine; 06-27-2008 at 04:29 PM.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:21 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by JRider
Anybody else going to torch for the 4th?
Thinking about hitting Torch on Friday and heading to the Bay on Saturday for the Angels.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by copiercat
I was hopeing someone had some some suggestions for somewhere to go,i have to come to Ann Arbor for some family stuff the fourth but im going to be around for about 10 days and im dragging my STV Euro with me, I've never been to torch or Hardy but would really like to find something that i wont get hassled but still have some fun..
thanks Scott
As others have said Torch is awesome! Problem is, once you go to Torch not too much compares after that!
Attached Thumbnails what to do in Mich july 4th week ?-torch-labor-day-2007.jpg  
Old 06-26-2008, 07:42 PM
Registered

So, 2 yrs ago when i went to Torch...it was a bad day for the weather. cold, rainy, and very windy! Let's say it's the complete opposite of that and nice and hot out...do you see much skin at the sand bar?!?!?!?! here's why i ask, i'm 27 frickin years old and i'm not gettin any younger guys! LOL what's it got to offer me if i drive the 1.5 hours down there???
Old 06-26-2008, 08:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Freeryd
So, 2 yrs ago when i went to Torch...it was a bad day for the weather. cold, rainy, and very windy! Let's say it's the complete opposite of that and nice and hot out...do you see much skin at the sand bar?!?!?!?! here's why i ask, i'm 27 frickin years old and i'm not gettin any younger guys! LOL what's it got to offer me if i drive the 1.5 hours down there???

Depends on what you mean by "skin". Not too much titty flashing but there is usually plenty of hotties running around!

Not to mention beautiful water and plenty of room to blow the cobwebs out! I usually find some good runs there.

Last edited by onesickpantera; 06-26-2008 at 08:02 PM.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:59 PM
Registered

yea, you knew what i meant by "skin"! LOL. I'm not sure if i'll make the run down there, or just stay up on my home waters of Lake Charlevoix. I guess i'll just wait and see what the weather is doing and how I feel the morning of. If anyone's coming up to Lk. Char, let me know!
Old 06-27-2008, 02:52 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 886 Likes on 412 Posts

Originally Posted by copiercat
I was hopeing someone had some some suggestions for somewhere to go,i have to come to Ann Arbor for some family stuff the fourth but im going to be around for about 10 days and im dragging my STV Euro with me, I've never been to torch or Hardy but would really like to find something that i wont get hassled but still have some fun..
thanks Scott
All the places these guys are reccomending are great places to boat (I personally boat at all of them) but I think they failed to pay ANY attention to the boat you will be driving. As far as Charlevoix,cheboygan,burt lake,mullet,higgins,lk stclaire-these lakes are great places BUT get some wind and large boat traffic and almost always have some waves going on,1-2 footers are almost a every day occurence. Torch seems to be calmer because the wind often comes out of the west south/west and the west side is high enough to protect the lake somewhat. Hardy pond is about the only place I see STV's running on a regular basis because if its rough out you can go up river and race/run and if its calm out you can run from one ernd to the other (I see the stv's come out in the evening once the water lays down) Smitty

Last edited by articfriends; 06-27-2008 at 02:54 AM.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:35 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Freeryd
yea, you knew what i meant by "skin"! LOL. I'm not sure if i'll make the run down there, or just stay up on my home waters of Lake Charlevoix. I guess i'll just wait and see what the weather is doing and how I feel the morning of. If anyone's coming up to Lk. Char, let me know!
Freeryd, I can tell you that if the weather is nice the sandbar will be ROCKIN!

Quick Reply: what to do in Mich july 4th week ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.