Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Great Lakes and Canada
what to do in Mich july 4th week ? >

what to do in Mich july 4th week ?

Notices

what to do in Mich july 4th week ?

Old 06-21-2008, 09:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what to do in Mich july 4th week ?

I was hopeing someone had some some suggestions for somewhere to go,i have to come to Ann Arbor for some family stuff the fourth but im going to be around for about 10 days and im dragging my STV Euro with me, I've never been to torch or Hardy but would really like to find something that i wont get hassled but still have some fun..
thanks Scott
Attached Thumbnails what to do in Mich july 4th week ?-stvlft2-small-.jpg  
Old 06-21-2008, 09:20 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Nice Boat! Head up to Traverse / Chain-O-lakes / Charlevoix-Petoskey region. The Chain would be nice for your boat - Torch is as beautiful as everyone says...stop at the sandbar, The Dockside and thre village of Alden. head down Clam Lake, through Grass River and into Bellaire--and be sure to hit Short's Brewery. Boyne Thunder Poker Run is the following weekend (11-12) - that would be great to watch, anyway.
Old 06-21-2008, 09:28 AM
Registered

Not sure when you will be here....but this is something to do...

http://www.lakestclairrun.com/smf/

Then there is "JobbieNooner"...

http://www.jobbienooner.com/home.html
Old 06-21-2008, 09:58 AM
Registered

that looks fun, but i think im bringing the wrong hardware for that. would my stv be too small ? i still have a couple friends from there to stay with (i hope)
Old 06-21-2008, 10:36 AM
Registered

People take boats of all sizes....shouldn't be a problem unless the wind kicks up.

Contact Dave "Irishtornado" here or on the St. clare site....he knows everyone and could probably help you out with riding on someones boat if the weather gets bad.
Old 06-21-2008, 12:17 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

If you've never been to Torch Lake then this would be a great time for you to go! You will love it up there! It almost makes boating down here seem worthless!
Old 06-21-2008, 12:32 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

I will be up @ torch lake for the 2nd thru the 6th. All of what Blackjack58 said is true. I own an HST and have owned an STV Euro. You will be able to run them on about any lake except for Lake MI. I have ran them @ hardy, torch and indian river with no issue. There are a lot stvs and Mirages @ hardy but the sand bar on torch is spectacular (on the 4th it is down right crazy!!!)! You can watch the Boyne poker from the inland water but most likely the Lake MI water would be a little big for the Euro. I can PM you my number if you want to look me up. I will be in the Boyne Poker run also.
Old 06-21-2008, 01:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JRider
I will be up @ torch lake for the 2nd thru the 6th. All of what Blackjack58 said is true. I own an HST and have owned an STV Euro. You will be able to run them on about any lake except for Lake MI. I have ran them @ hardy, torch and indian river with no issue. There are a lot stvs and Mirages @ hardy but the sand bar on torch is spectacular (on the 4th it is down right crazy!!!)! You can watch the Boyne poker from the inland water but most likely the Lake MI water would be a little big for the Euro. I can PM you my number if you want to look me up. I will be in the Boyne Poker run also.
sounds good ,looking forward to it
email me [email protected]
scott
Old 06-23-2008, 09:12 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Anybody else going to torch for the 4th?
Old 06-23-2008, 12:57 PM

I think there is some of us rafting up on Lake Charlevoix on the 4th for the fireworks in Boyne and then going down to Traverse City for the Blue Angels air show on the 5th

Quick Reply: what to do in Mich july 4th week ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.