Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Great Lakes and Canada
ROLL CALL - 2008, CAN / AM Georgian Bay Offshore Tour >

ROLL CALL - 2008, CAN / AM Georgian Bay Offshore Tour

Notices

ROLL CALL - 2008, CAN / AM Georgian Bay Offshore Tour

Old 08-12-2008, 09:51 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bob I think you made that deal to cheap, unless you have to chip in for diesel I would take you up on that had I not made plans to go to NY to visit my Dad, he is 81 and have knee replacement surgery just after labor day, he has been told at his age the surgery is very risky. I am not thinking of the worst but thought I should spend some time with him before he goes under the knife. And as luck would have it it is the same weekend as the Long Island Race.

I am tempted to tell Ian about it, but the practicle side of me knows he should stay home and work his overtime.

Have you thought any more about the LEOPA fall run they are
just doing sign ups. If you can believe this, it costs $50.00 which includes 2 nights dockage at the Ford Yacht club on Grosse Isle, lunch at the Detroit Yacht club (beautiful old world style club) on Belle Isle and dinner at Ford. Most everyone sleeps on board since Ford has great accomodations and showers and so forth. The next day a lot of us run to Put In Bay and Kelly's for the day. Just a thought we would love to see you.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Bob,

Just sent you a pm. I'd be happy to take 2 seats and come with you rather than running our boat up to Sans Souci.

Really looking forward to it.

Rob
Old 08-12-2008, 10:24 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by freshwaterfiend
Hi Bob,

Just sent you a pm. I'd be happy to take 2 seats and come with you rather than running our boat up to Sans Souci.

Really looking forward to it.

Rob
Welcome aboard, Rob and thank you. I will be in touch. 2 seats left.

Bob
Old 08-13-2008, 05:06 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
Bob I think you made that deal to cheap, unless you have to chip in for diesel I would take you up on that had I not made plans to go to NY to visit my Dad, he is 81 and have knee replacement surgery just after labor day, he has been told at his age the surgery is very risky. I am not thinking of the worst but thought I should spend some time with him before he goes under the knife. And as luck would have it it is the same weekend as the Long Island Race.

I am tempted to tell Ian about it, but the practicle side of me knows he should stay home and work his overtime.

Have you thought any more about the LEOPA fall run they are
just doing sign ups. If you can believe this, it costs $50.00 which includes 2 nights dockage at the Ford Yacht club on Grosse Isle, lunch at the Detroit Yacht club (beautiful old world style club) on Belle Isle and dinner at Ford. Most everyone sleeps on board since Ford has great accomodations and showers and so forth. The next day a lot of us run to Put In Bay and Kelly's for the day. Just a thought we would love to see you.
Yes, Donna my deal is cheap for sure considering I pick up all fuel, docking and boat related expenses. The LEOPA run is the deal of a lifetime as well. I am considering it and will need to decide between that and my annual stay in Port Credit, ON for the Jazz Festival. That is always a good time but have done that for a number of years now. Maybe time for something different and I will let you know.

I hope the knee replacement goes well for your dad. Many people at his age are doing it.

All the best,

Bob
Old 08-13-2008, 10:14 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Default Mileage and weather

The weather forecast for the weekend is looking good and even better for Mon / Tues. Lots of sun, mid to high 20's C and light winds. I will update later in the week with more specifics as we get closer.

Some have been asking what the mileage of the trip is. On day one from Honey Harbour to Kilarney via both the boating channel for part and the open bay it looks like 150 miles. Day 2 in the eastern end of the North Channel we will probably only do about 60 to 80 miles. Day 3 back to Honey Harbour via Tobermory is about 135 miles. Total trip approximately 345 to 365 miles. Less than a tank of diesel for me !! LOL
Bob
Old 08-14-2008, 08:03 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Weather update

Posting from cabin just down from Henry's, Storms have been staying over mainland, Skies have been clear here . wind has been shifting from west to north to east waves 1.5 in open.
Have a fun time!
Old 08-14-2008, 09:04 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

Bob - We'll be coming up Saturday.....does the Delewana Inn have a Marina??......we're trying to figure out where to stay Sat night.......Doug
Old 08-14-2008, 11:04 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by pullmytrigger
Bob - We'll be coming up Saturday.....does the Delewana Inn have a Marina??......we're trying to figure out where to stay Sat night.......Doug
I would stay right at the Delawana Inn and they have dockage for your boat. I may do that myself and will decide Friday.
Bob

Pic 1 is The Del; pic 2 is Del on left and Marinas right around the corner in Honey Harbor
Attached Thumbnails ROLL CALL - 2008, CAN / AM Georgian Bay Offshore Tour-delawana-inn.jpg   ROLL CALL - 2008, CAN / AM Georgian Bay Offshore Tour-honey-harbour.jpg  

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 08-14-2008 at 11:14 PM.
Old 08-15-2008, 11:53 AM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

should we bring the plunger......just in case????
Old 08-15-2008, 12:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bob,

Let us know what you decide. The Delawanna Inn won't let us leave the car there so we need to park 1/2 mile away at the Food Town and walk in. If you happen to be in Midland Sunday morning we can meet you there instead. If not, don't worry about it.

Looking forward to the trip.

Rob

Quick Reply: ROLL CALL - 2008, CAN / AM Georgian Bay Offshore Tour

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.