Notices

ROLL CALL - 2008, CAN / AM Georgian Bay Offshore Tour

Old 08-15-2008, 01:37 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by freshwaterfiend
Bob,

Let us know what you decide. The Delawanna Inn won't let us leave the car there so we need to park 1/2 mile away at the Food Town and walk in. If you happen to be in Midland Sunday morning we can meet you there instead. If not, don't worry about it.

Looking forward to the trip.

Rob
The Del wanted $350.00 for the night. I have a slip at Doral in Midland and the accomodations on my boat are probably about 5 stars better than the Del anyway so I will stay there. There would be no problem with leaving your car at Doral. You can find me in slip R - 28. First set of docks you come to on the north side of the marina. Please be there by 9 am.
Bob
Old 08-15-2008, 01:45 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by pullmytrigger
Bob - We'll be coming up Saturday.....does the Delewana Inn have a Marina??......we're trying to figure out where to stay Sat night.......Doug
Doug. Think about staying in Midland on Sat night ( Best Western ) and launch your boat at Doral Marine Resort on Ogdens Beach Road just east of Midland where I am. Very good ramp there and your car and trailer will be secure. We will depart from Doral for Honey Harbour at 9:15 ish to be in front of Delawana Inn about 9:45 am.
Let me know.
Bob
Old 08-16-2008, 07:09 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Just going out the door for The Bay. Meeting friends up there including OSO THUNDERSTRUCK who is up from Florida.
Weather is great and looking forward to the run starting Sunday.
Looks like 6 boats plus 2 more that are leaving later in the day to catch up with us in Killarney. Havent heard from Yzbert but hope they are in the area.
Watch for pictures to be posted next Wednesday on our return.
I will not have internet access once I go out the door so must rely on phone. 519 498 6945.
Bob
Old 08-19-2008, 12:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was very nice meeting up with you this past weekend, hope you did not get to wet on monday we hit one squall on the way home and got pounded for about 10 min. No way around it, had about a boat length in visibility maybe? for 5 of those 10 min. was great the rest of the way though. i hope that your ride back today was good. melinda took her camera with her to pick up the kids so i cant post pictures right now. best one is tom sleeping on the steps of the sportsman with his pockets stuff full of cookies waiting for the bears to show up.

great meeting up with all of you and if anyone makes it to northern michigan look us up. oso has given me the opportunity to meet some great people over the years that share this boating passion that melinda and i have. this year has been especially good with the jammin on the james run and our short time together in canada.

Picture of the kids in the aviator, collins inlet

scott and melinda
Old 08-19-2008, 09:54 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by yzbert
It was very nice meeting up with you this past weekend, hope you did not get to wet on monday we hit one squall on the way home and got pounded for about 10 min. No way around it, had about a boat length in visibility maybe? for 5 of those 10 min. was great the rest of the way though. i hope that your ride back today was good. melinda took her camera with her to pick up the kids so i cant post pictures right now. best one is tom sleeping on the steps of the sportsman with his pockets stuff full of cookies waiting for the bears to show up.

great meeting up with all of you and if anyone makes it to northern michigan look us up. oso has given me the opportunity to meet some great people over the years that share this boating passion that melinda and i have. this year has been especially good with the jammin on the james run and our short time together in canada.

Picture of the kids in the aviator, collins inlet

scott and melinda
Scott / Melinda.
Pleasure to meet you two for sure. You guys are truly hard core offshore boaters. My kinda people !! LOL
When we left you at Little Current on Monday, we had lunch and headed back to Killarney. We were 10 minutes away running hard down the Lansdowne Channel when all I could see was a wall of rain and a lot of lightning. We pulled over to the shore, threw out the anchor and the other boats tied up alongside. Our covers were half on and the torrential rain started. It was the right thing to do tho and we just waited it out for a half hour. Got the tunes going and had a (nother) little party. LOL. It got cool after that but today was sunny and we had a good ride back to Honey Harbour. Made a stop at Parry Sound for lunch.
Overall we had a great trip tho, met some great people. The weather was unbelievably nice on Sunday. Pictures sometime later tomorrow. We must do this again. ( next year ! )
Bob
Old 08-20-2008, 03:33 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I have started another thread to show pictures that hopefully capture some of the beauty of Geogian Bay. Others on the trip should feel free to add their pics to it. Enjoy.
Bob