ROLL CALL - 2008, CAN / AM Georgian Bay Offshore Tour

Notices

ROLL CALL - 2008, CAN / AM Georgian Bay Offshore Tour

Old 07-08-2008, 09:09 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts
Default ROLL CALL - 2008, CAN / AM Georgian Bay Offshore Tour

Over the winter months we discussed on this thread : http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=169243 our plans to host a tour around Georgian Bay. Well summer is now here, and it is decision time for those who are coming. Please post your intentions here or contact me at 519 498 6945 or [email protected]
We should know a few details about the size of your crew and boat. Also whether you prefer to sleep on your boat or get a room and if you need assistance in making arrangements. If you wish to stay on your boat we will need to know if you would like to be in a marina in town with conveniences, or at an anchorage close by.

Here is what we know at this time and can tell you:

Boats are to assemble in the Honey Harbour / Port Severn area on Saturday August 16th to be fuelled and ready for departure by 11 am Sunday morning the 17th. Those that can and would like to, (optional) will hook up with the annual Jim Earle Marine Fun Run during Saturday 16th, with a party at Jim’s marina that night. I am unsure of the cost right now, but will advise. It is a great time and a fund raiser for Jim’s favourite charity.
Boats will leave Port Severn / Honey Harbor for Parry Sound thru the 30,000 Islands at 11 am Sunday morning, overnighting in Parry Sound. We will likely have lunch at Henry’s Fish and Chips and make a few stops along the way. Monday morning we leave for Killarney via Britt and will also take in the beauty of Collins Inlet. We will stay in Killarney at the Sportsman’s Inn marina or Inn on Monday and Tuesday nights. Again there will be anchorage’s nearby if that is preferred. Tuesday will be a day trip over to Little Current on Manitoulin Island and eastern portions of the North Channel including “The Pool”. We will then find our way back to Killarney for Tues. night. Wednesday morning we head south to Tobermory taking in Flowerpot Island etc. and other points of interest. At this point some may break off from the group and head home or those that want more can do the south part of the Bay on Thursday and Friday. Possible stops include Lions Head, Wiarton and overnight in Owen Sound. Friday we can see Meaford / Thornbury / Collingwood / Wasaga Beach finishing up back at Port Severn / Honey Harbour.

I have heard from several friends here in Ontario and it looks like a good size contingent from here will be along for at least part of the run. Many of them know the Bay better than myself and their knowledge will be helpful. Please let me know if you plan to participate so proper planning and arrangements can be made.

Thank you,
Bob Barnhart
Old 07-08-2008, 10:34 PM
Registered

Received 449 Likes on 297 Posts

if I can change my vacation week, I'll let you know... Nice trip planned!
Old 07-09-2008, 09:37 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

Bob - boat seems to be running pretty good, we would be in at least to Wed......two people, Susi and I......we would be sleeping on the boat preferrably at a Marina with c.....always wanted to go but always thought it would end up being with a bunch of cruiser guys, to go with some OSO sportboat people would be pretty awesome!.....doug
Attached Thumbnails ROLL CALL - 2008, CAN / AM Georgian Bay Offshore Tour-super-weekend-michael-debbie-038.jpg  
Old 07-10-2008, 08:02 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Bob. Donna and I are very interested. How many miles would the whole trip be.? Thanks,Ian
Old 07-10-2008, 09:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking forward to it! Only concern is coming back down the west side of the Bay in a 24 footer.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:06 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by pullmytrigger
Bob - boat seems to be running pretty good, we would be in at least to Wed......two people, Susi and I......we would be sleeping on the boat preferrably at a Marina with c.....always wanted to go but always thought it would end up being with a bunch of cruiser guys, to go with some OSO sportboat people would be pretty awesome!.....doug
Great Doug. There are several Marina's with hookups in Parry Sound harbour. All within a short walk of downtown restaurants etc. At Killarney we will mainly be at the Sportsman Inn but there are other Marina's there as well. Looking forward to getting together with the group.
Bob

PS - Please PM or e mail me your contact info.

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 07-10-2008 at 10:14 AM.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:09 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by PatriYacht
Hi Bob. Donna and I are very interested. How many miles would the whole trip be.? Thanks,Ian
Ian, I will do some calcs on the mileage and will post it here.

Bob

Mileage is a higher than I thought. Pt. Severn to Killarney via Britt and Collins inlet; Killarney over to Little Current and back via "the Pool"; Killarney to Tobermory and then Tobermory back across the Bay to Pt. Severn is almost 400 miles. Taken out of the cruising guide. Also gas at $1.60 / litre equates to $6.00 a US gal with the CAN dollar at 99cents today. Not a pretty picture but that is what it is.

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 07-12-2008 at 08:45 PM.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:13 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by freshwaterfiend
Looking forward to it! Only concern is coming back down the west side of the Bay in a 24 footer.
Just fall in behind me and we will knock em down for you ! LOL
We will be watching the weather as we go and realise we may have to change our plans if the weather affects us. We will need to be flexible but one of our goals it to make sure everyone is as comfortable as possible.
Bob

PS - Please PM or e mail me your contact info.

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 07-10-2008 at 10:17 AM.
Old 07-10-2008, 04:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bob what is fuel running in the marinas around your area now? We use premium. As much as I want to go, I have to be honest the cost of fuel along with everything else does concern me. Anyone want to leave their boat home and ride along with us
Old 07-11-2008, 08:24 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We are on the Muskoka Landing Channel north of Beausoleil and will be watching for all of you on your way thru.

Quick Reply: ROLL CALL - 2008, CAN / AM Georgian Bay Offshore Tour

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.