Notices

higgins/torch lake

Old 08-22-2016, 10:00 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How is Higgins? Going up there the weekend of the 4th of September. Thinking I will take my 30 Scarab CC instead of my 38, lake looks pretty small. Can it handle a 30? Thanks!
Old 08-22-2016, 11:21 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

Can Handle Either of your Boats,... Great place
Old 08-22-2016, 11:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by cougarman
Can Handle Either of your Boats,... Great place
I have no mufflers with dry tails, don't think I would make any friends by the way this thread goes...
Old 08-23-2016, 04:45 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 861 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by Baldie
I have no mufflers with dry tails, don't think I would make any friends by the way this thread goes...
Pigs are pricks at higgins, dont go there w/o mufflers and dry pipes, i got pulled over there WITH mufflers cruising at 55 mph w my 272 and "warned" there is a noise ordinance and a speed limit, neither one which i was violating. A customer had us install 454 blower motor w basset un muffled headers in his jet boat, we warned him he would be hassled there, he says hes got a cabin there, been going there his whole life. Took boat up on a saturday this june, by noon he was pulled over and told not to come back without mufflers but he could boat rest of the day, a few hrs later he got banged by cops again but this time was told to leave lake immediately but at least they didnt ticket him
Old 08-31-2016, 11:26 AM
Registered

They hassled me in july for noise bad. Dry stellings with 700 na's. Was just there this monday and rolled right by them and they didnt do ****. Businesses in the area are sick of people who want to come to the area and spend money being harassed. I know there have been some off the record conversations pertaining to nazi noise enforcement. Im going back up this weekend. We shall see.
Old 09-09-2016, 11:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by THE 288 KID
They hassled me in july for noise bad. Dry stellings with 700 na's. Was just there this monday and rolled right by them and they didnt do ****. Businesses in the area are sick of people who want to come to the area and spend money being harassed. I know there have been some off the record conversations pertaining to nazi noise enforcement. Im going back up this weekend. We shall see.
I didn't end up going due to other circumstances, but my buddy took a photo of your boat(I assume it was yours, has a big Cig painting on the side) and sent it to me and said you were on the lake. Nice looking boat, I want to bring up my center console some day to have some fun!
Old 09-15-2016, 10:51 AM
Registered

come on up. keep an eye out for me. im the only cig on the lake.
Old 09-17-2016, 08:25 AM
Registered

come on up. keep an eye out for me. im the only cig on the lake.
Were you just on the LEOPA run? If so, that was me in the powequest who rafted off next to you when we first arrived.
Old 09-17-2016, 01:32 PM
Registered

o no ****? yeah that was me. god damn that start up the channel was something else wasn't it?! holy ****. bad day for a light sit down boat lol.
Old 09-19-2016, 08:12 AM
Registered

o no ****? yeah that was me. god damn that start up the channel was something else wasn't it?! holy ****. bad day for a light sit down boat lol.
Bad day for most boats, it is also bad for me around the bridge area, my brother in that 30 center console was soaked!! I was running with him the whole time because he was having some fuel pump issues.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.